blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 07:56:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272713 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Staking Thread caveats - debate thread.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Staking Thread caveats - debate thread.  (Read 43905 times)
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 25, 2012, 06:16:13 PM »

Pmsl. Do you guys realise how nice it's been outside today. Anyone posting between 9am and 5 pm on this thread  needs to have a serious word with themselves.  Smiley

Have you not heard of mobile internet Jase? It's the internet but it's mobile, you should try it.
Lol. Yeah I only have my phone To access blonde ATM so been laying in the garden most of the day.  The day I need to get a job a drawing ever closer Sad

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 25, 2012, 06:21:42 PM »

Pmsl. Do you guys realise how nice it's been outside today. Anyone posting between 9am and 5 pm on this thread  needs to have a serious word with themselves.  Smiley

Have you not heard of mobile internet Jase? It's the internet but it's mobile, you should try it.
Lol. Yeah I only have my phone To access blonde ATM so been laying in the garden most of the day.  The day I need to get a job a drawing ever closer Sad

Noooooooooooooo! You don't wanna do that.

Ah! The element of surprise
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 25, 2012, 06:33:02 PM »

Pmsl. Do you guys realise how nice it's been outside today. Anyone posting between 9am and 5 pm on this thread  needs to have a serious word with themselves.  Smiley

Yeah damm right I don't. Big life change starting with a shave n haircut Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 25, 2012, 08:12:02 PM »

Pmsl. Do you guys realise how nice it's been outside today. Anyone posting between 9am and 5 pm on this thread  needs to have a serious word with themselves.  Smiley

Lol. Yeah I only have my phone To access blonde ATM so been laying in the garden most of the day.  The day I need to get a job a drawing ever closer Sad

Yeah damm right I don't. Big life change starting with a shave n haircut Smiley

I've got some old .....doggy clippers if you want them!

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 25, 2012, 11:15:38 PM »

Jase is right as usual, anyone posting during daylight hours in this thread needs to take a long hard look at their life.

Bobby1 it would be nice if you could read some of my posts before you judge that I only ever post in my own self-interest. This, this and this were my last 3 relevant posts in staking boards that I think you might be alluding to, although this is just a guess as it would make no sense to say what you've said if you'd actually read any of them. But anyway, in my personal opinion, if nobody were to step up and challenge people posting new threads, we could expect threads like this and this to keep cropping up indefinitely, since they mostly sell out anyway.

Also, you dodged mine and dave's question as to who you're talking about when you say "some people...". It's fine, it's just that some people use the "some people" line to make vague accusations that support their argument and then they can back out of it later if those accusations turn out to have no foundation in the truth. I'm sure you're not one of those though. By all means reply without reading this, but I then I probably won't read your replies either and the whole thing will be totally pointless.

FWIW I never said anyone can or can't post (although it doesn't seem to have stopped bobby1 from saying so), I just wanted to know why mantis is posting here, and I guess I'll still have to wonder into the indefinite future since mantis is so secretive as to his reasons for doing anything. As far as I can tell, since it could have no effect on his life whatsoever, so long as he continues to neither buy or sell on this forum, there are only 2 possible reasons for him to post here:

1) He is here to defend hapless blonde members from being defrauded by the nasty professionals posting here.
2) He just wants to start an argument.

It would be nice to know, just for future reference, which it is. That is all.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 26, 2012, 01:02:48 AM »

Jase is right as usual, anyone posting during daylight hours in this thread needs to take a long hard look at their life.

Bobby1 it would be nice if you could read some of my posts before you judge that I only ever post in my own self-interest. This, this and this were my last 3 relevant posts in staking boards that I think you might be alluding to, although this is just a guess as it would make no sense to say what you've said if you'd actually read any of them. But anyway, in my personal opinion, if nobody were to step up and challenge people posting new threads, we could expect threads like this and this to keep cropping up indefinitely, since they mostly sell out anyway.

Also, you dodged mine and dave's question as to who you're talking about when you say "some people...". It's fine, it's just that some people use the "some people" line to make vague accusations that support their argument and then they can back out of it later if those accusations turn out to have no foundation in the truth. I'm sure you're not one of those though. By all means reply without reading this, but I then I probably won't read your replies either and the whole thing will be totally pointless.

FWIW I never said anyone can or can't post (although it doesn't seem to have stopped bobby1 from saying so), I just wanted to know why mantis is posting here, and I guess I'll still have to wonder into the indefinite future since mantis is so secretive as to his reasons for doing anything. As far as I can tell, since it could have no effect on his life whatsoever, so long as he continues to neither buy or sell on this forum, there are only 2 possible reasons for him to post here:

1) He is here to defend hapless blonde members from being defrauded by the nasty professionals posting here.

My life is fine, actually it's great with a brilliant work life balance which gives me plenty of time throughout the day to comment on threads as and when I see fit. But thanks for trying to belittle me and others who posted today.

Ah! The element of surprise
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 26, 2012, 01:31:36 AM »

Congratulations on directing your latest piece of patronising at half the people that post on here.

I can't speak for Mantis really but I can stick up for the guy when someone takes off at him for no reason than he happened to be the guy next to you in the post list. Is it the new Joey Barton tactic that's catching on?

Why does it matter especially that Mantis posts on this thread, why did you choose to take off on him and not anyone else asking questions?

I am not alluding to any previous staking posts you made, you are just clutching at straws really, what I am challenging you about is your idea that you can just get stuck into someone for no real reason but fawn all very upset when you get a post directed at you in return.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 26, 2012, 01:36:53 AM »

I posted because I am part of the poker community and a member of the Blonde forum. I hope that has cleared up the mystery.

Let's go back to the recent Staking deals and Markup thread because it was a general staking discussion most of us poker enthusiasts were involved in. Here are your words sheriff skolsuper...

I think Dubai's posts have been pretty spot on, 100% agree people have been overcharging, but is it our place to point that out? In my opinion yes it is, if someone fancies an argument on the internet this is a good issue to start one over, having it happen in their thread is the risk people take when they post a staking request on a public forum. The only reason I didn't comment is that I didn't fancy falling out with anyone, and both the sellers and the buyers get very defensive. Not surprising really, turning up on a staking thread and trolling the price is basically like walking into a room where two people are shaking hands and pointing at each of them saying "You're a scumbag, and you're a mug". But I still think someone ought to do it so I applaud Dubai in this instance, and credit to trigg who also likes to keep people honest, perhaps after someone did it to him some time in the distant past.

All good advice unless it's your mate's thread right? Then suddenly ur not so forward with the praise. It's all this why are you posting bollocks instead. And really in that you have the essence of why I get involved in this stuff. Like I said I find it quite difficult to see bullshit and not respond. Hi-Yo silver and away.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 26, 2012, 01:42:12 AM »

I posted because I am part of the poker community and a member of the Blonde forum. I hope that has cleared up the mystery.

Let's go back to the recent Staking deals and Markup thread because it was a general staking discussion most of us poker enthusiasts were involved in. Here are your words sheriff skolsuper...

I think Dubai's posts have been pretty spot on, 100% agree people have been overcharging, but is it our place to point that out? In my opinion yes it is, if someone fancies an argument on the internet this is a good issue to start one over, having it happen in their thread is the risk people take when they post a staking request on a public forum. The only reason I didn't comment is that I didn't fancy falling out with anyone, and both the sellers and the buyers get very defensive. Not surprising really, turning up on a staking thread and trolling the price is basically like walking into a room where two people are shaking hands and pointing at each of them saying "You're a scumbag, and you're a mug". But I still think someone ought to do it so I applaud Dubai in this instance, and credit to trigg who also likes to keep people honest, perhaps after someone did it to him some time in the distant past.

All good advice unless it's your mate's thread right? Then suddenly ur not so forward with the praise. It's all this why are you posting bollocks instead. And really in that you have the essence of why I get involved in this stuff. Like I said I find it quite difficult to see bullshit and not respond. Hi-Yo silver and away.

lol, that's a good read. At least we are consistent in our thinking, and polite with it too.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 01:43:50 AM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 26, 2012, 01:43:13 AM »

So it is purely altruism and a sense of community that makes you start arguments all over the place? Truly Mantis you are not the hero this forum wants, but the hero it needs.
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 26, 2012, 01:52:57 AM »

lol, that's a good read. At least we are consistent in our thinking, and polite with it too.

I'm not trying to stop anyone asking questions
FWIW I never said anyone can or can't post
Perfectly acceptable clause imo,

Point out the contradiction, or the impoliteness, in any one of my posts in this thread. You aren't reading what I'm saying bobby1, just what you think I'm saying.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 01:54:37 AM by skolsuper » Logged
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 26, 2012, 01:58:08 AM »

gg skolsuper u had a good run

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 26, 2012, 02:01:02 AM »

gg MANTIS01. One last thing before you go, how do we contact you if we need you again? Shine a big mantis-shaped-stencil light into the sky?
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 26, 2012, 02:05:26 AM »

Are you just trolling now fella?

The contradiction is in your post on the thread Mantis just copied in and your current seemingly change of heart. Its your need for the status quo to remain in staking requests so you can pick and choose the most likely to get thru judging by the success of other staking request. You said yourself, the reason you want to know why he is posting is because you might want to use a similar plan in future and don't want anyone getting put off.

Chris probably made a mistake in a genuine but slightly ambiguous opening post, the conversation from respected posters was fine until you decided to take off in Mantis' direction.

The impoliteness was you talking down to Mantis like he had no right to post in the thread, you then had the front to claim indignation when you were told it was unfair.

As the big man said in the previous thread about 70/30 deals, this isn't a market place, it is a forum. The forum isn't run to give you the best spot to sell your stakes.

One other thing, stop sending me PM's please, you are just making yourself look a little silly really.

MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 26, 2012, 02:13:30 AM »

Makes me laugh thou how it's praise for Boss Hogg Dubai and Rosco P Coltrane Trigg but I get patronising 'yawn' cos I'm that lowly mechanic one, think his name was Cooter. Yo, then you accuse me of starting the argument. Drawing dead imo. gg.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: