blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 03:41:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272716 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Luton ME
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Luton ME  (Read 6451 times)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2008, 09:53:08 PM »

It's all about the check on the river imo(apologies if thats just me stating the obvious).We need to work out how he's percieved that river check i think it's a wierd line for you to take to bet flop and turn then check the river it looks like you're giving up on a bluff then when you check raise the river he's probably thinking wtf ?

I think from the line you've took he probably thinks you dont have a house otherwise surely you would bet the river hoping he would raise if he'd got there with a flush so you can get max value.I think he's putting you on a flush so i think we can include Ax for nut flush in his range therefore imo his range is Ax,66,88(i think this is in his range),K4,K6,K8.

I think i Call !!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2008, 09:54:01 PM »

of course there are going to be 16 street walk ins at £750 a pop in the first two levels!

Lalit was there at the start and sat there reading a magazine for two hours before buying in.

but 3 x 8 seems more feasible than 4 x 6 surely?

anyway, back to the point. Great check on the river against most, but PP is not most is he? Pretty canny reader of spots.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2008, 09:58:14 PM »

Is it a great check i'm not so sure ?

If he has the nut flush and we check raise a lot of players would just flat call with that board whereas if we bet out again then they will mostly raise with nut flush 
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2008, 10:07:35 PM »

If he has the nut flush and we check raise a lot of players would just flat call with that board whereas if we bet out again then they will mostly raise with nut flush 

I don't raise with a nut flush in Pauls spot if I were to bet 3 streets. When I bluff I do try and think what I am forcing out you know! And when someone calls me twice and the flush gets there its kinda hard to throw a third bullet when there is nothing I can logically force out of the pot. I figure he will flat me with nut flush if I bet the river, but if I check, he will now v-bet the river with his hand and HAVE to pay off a virtual min raise meaning I get twice as much. Most times anyway!

HI HELEN!
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2008, 10:11:34 PM »

If you want to raise me on the river here with a flush when i've thrown 3 barrels then believe it or not I am winning 85% of the time.

HI HELEN!
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2008, 10:14:24 PM »

I don't raise with a nut flush in Pauls spot if I were to bet 3 streets. When I bluff I do try and think what I am forcing out you know! And when someone calls me twice and the flush gets there its kinda hard to throw a third bullet when there is nothing I can logically force out of the pot. I figure he will flat me with nut flush if I bet the river, but if I check, he will now v-bet the river with his hand and HAVE to pay off a virtual min raise meaning I get twice as much. Most times anyway!

Wasn't having a go rookie and i also wasn't just saying that in relation to this one hand.You and paul are both good players however at any level there are weak players and i just ment for checking against a weak player not for this situation sorry should've explained that a bit better.I don't see how he checks there tbh so you played it well against this oppo in this spot just wierd that he didn't bet it.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2008, 10:16:25 PM »

I would actually say it opposite to tighty and that it's a great check against paul but not against most players.
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2008, 10:17:55 PM »

I know you're not having a go monda. Appreciate all comments. Well most...

HI HELEN!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2008, 10:19:16 PM »

I would actually say it opposite to tighty and that it's a great check against paul but not against most players.

Paul is a terrific player

Against a weak player, Rookie checks the river and they fire with KJ 100%, value betting. then call a re-raise mostly, I think

Against Paul, Rookie has fired two barrels and when he checks the river it is brilliant play to check behind. Not sure why or how he does, but it is terrific isn't it?

My eyes are open wide
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2008, 10:22:13 PM »

is checking behind on the river with KJ here not a pretty standard play?  There's a lot beating us at this point and I don't think I'm betting.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2008, 10:23:02 PM »

A lot of decent/average type players who make a nut flush here will think they've got you and that you've fired 3 with trip K and ship it in with there flush thinking you wouldn't play k4,k6 and that you would just muck that pre so you in there mind would only have K8 or more likely a better king
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 10:35:54 PM by mondatoo » Logged
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2008, 10:27:05 PM »

Against a weak player, Rookie checks the river and they fire with KJ 100%, value betting. then call a re-raise mostly, I think

Against Paul, Rookie has fired two barrels and when he checks the river it is brilliant play to check behind. Not sure why or how he does, but it is terrific isn't it?

Results orientated imo. If I have KT there is it so brilliant?

HI HELEN!
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2008, 10:28:18 PM »

is checking behind on the river with KJ here not a pretty standard play?  There's a lot beating us at this point and I don't think I'm betting.

So my check to you on the river indicates I must have either a flush, FH or KQ/AK?

HI HELEN!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2008, 10:29:34 PM »

I would bet KJ there. I think its a standard value bet there if I am checked to on river

PP is far better than me!

so yes its results orientated to say the check is brilliant but my regard for PP is such that I err towards it being a good check rather than missing value on his behalf

My eyes are open wide
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2008, 10:30:03 PM »

It's the fact that he's a better player that checking is a good play by rookie since if pp bets which imo he should then as rookie said he can value raise him where pp has to call even if he is sure he's losing.But i don't think checking against most players is a good play and i've explained why i think that
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: