blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:39:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272694 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 5061 5062 5063 5064 [5065] 5066 5067 5068 5069 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13513739 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #75960 on: April 28, 2014, 10:01:34 PM »

It wasn't me who suggested hedging Newcastle DNB but the price seems excellent and against an ante post position everything stated made sense.

Matthew Upson aged 35 is not a premier league standard player imho.

Yes, apologies, I think it was a combo of Marky-Mark-Mark and redarmi.

I may have made a bad bet, I've no idea, but it appeared - at the time - to have logic.

Totally logical u got 12/1 dnb they went off close to that in the 3way market.  We are over 90% likely to lose the bet so nothing to worry about.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #75961 on: April 28, 2014, 10:03:31 PM »

Oh dear.....I suggested it cover the Palace bet, but not sure if the first. Anyway, managed to start the week with a reverse Tikay.

Backed the Arse 3-0, 4-0, only to just discover I backed the score at half time

No regrets here Adzy, the bet was fine, for the reasons stated, afaic. If it was a bad bet, so be it, but that's down to me.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
GreekWay

View Profile
« Reply #75962 on: April 28, 2014, 10:04:39 PM »

For NBA bettors:

Clippers didn't train today at all.

The mood there can only worsen, the media will not let go of this one any time soon.

Some sponsors started to pull out of their contracts including Virgin America, Statefarm and Kia Motors.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #75963 on: April 28, 2014, 10:06:44 PM »

For NBA bettors:

The mood there can only worsen, the media will not let go of this one any time soon.

Some sponsors started to pull out of their contracts including Virgin America, Statefarm and Kia Motors.

I don't think they have any choice, no choice at all. Nobody, least of all Corporate sponsors, can afford to be linked with that sort of stuff.

Extraordinary story, all in all, in this day and age.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #75964 on: April 28, 2014, 10:15:09 PM »

For NBA bettors:

I don't think they have any choice, no choice at all. Nobody, least of all Corporate sponsors, can afford to be linked with that sort of stuff.

I always wondered when this stuff happens, how do they go about that? Say Virgin America sponsor them the team for £10m a year and they want to pull out. Do Virgin have to pay up in full for the duration of sponsorship or can they claim 'breach of contract' for immediate withdrawal or what?
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #75965 on: April 28, 2014, 10:16:03 PM »

Oh dear.....I suggested it cover the Palace bet, but not sure if the first. Anyway, managed to start the week with a reverse Tikay.

Backed the Arse 3-0, 4-0, only to just discover I backed the score at half time

No regrets here Adzy, the bet was fine, for the reasons stated, afaic. If it was a bad bet, so be it, but that's down to me.

Bet was fine, the "reverse Tikay" referred to the misclick that didn't win!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
GreekWay

View Profile
« Reply #75966 on: April 28, 2014, 10:18:00 PM »

For NBA bettors:

Definitely.

Well imo the only thing that Sterling can do is to sell the team. I don't know if owning he team means much to him but everyone (understandably) has turned their backs to him. And also he has no excuse as he has been linked with racist comments in the past too.

Apparently I read some rumours that Magic Jonson has linked with some investors to buy the team.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #75967 on: April 28, 2014, 10:25:08 PM »

For NBA bettors:

I always wondered when this stuff happens, how do they go about that? Say Virgin America sponsor them the team for £10m a year and they want to pull out. Do Virgin have to pay up in full for the duration of sponsorship or can they claim 'breach of contract' for immediate withdrawal or what?

I imagine they'll have all sorts of clauses, so that if the owner turns out to be some sort of lunatic they're able to get out free.

mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #75968 on: April 28, 2014, 10:28:31 PM »

For NBA bettors:

I imagine they'll have all sorts of clauses, so that if the owner turns out to be some sort of lunatic they're able to get out free.

Yeah all sorts of brand reputation/protection clauses here.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #75969 on: April 28, 2014, 10:33:02 PM »

For NBA bettors:

Effectively, it is breach of contract by the Team. The contract would require them to conduct themselves in a responsible manner, especially as to matters such as racism.

Easiest get-out ever.

GreekWay

View Profile
« Reply #75970 on: April 28, 2014, 10:45:29 PM »

Great post Kev. Great read.

I am looking at the Arsenal v Newcastle match tonight. Arsenal odds are way too low so I was looking to other markets.

I started with the BTTS market where the No selection is around 1.80ish, but then I found Arsenal Win to Nill which is at 2.1 atm with Skybet. Newcastle offence is terrible only scoring 2 goals in their last 6 matches. Cisse, De Jong, Ben Arfa are out with only Remi being a threat.

Any thoughts?

Both my suggestions would have landed.

Damn. I should be more confident in the future when posting potential bets.

Lets hope the NBA will go our way later.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #75971 on: April 28, 2014, 10:49:02 PM »

I am looking at the Arsenal v Newcastle match tonight. Arsenal odds are way too low so I was looking to other markets.

I started with the BTTS market where the No selection is around 1.80ish, but then I found Arsenal Win to Nill which is at 2.1 atm with Skybet. Newcastle offence is terrible only scoring 2 goals in their last 6 matches. Cisse, De Jong, Ben Arfa are out with only Remi being a threat.

Any thoughts?

No worries George, people stick stuff up and everyone has the choice whether to get on or not, not just Fred.

Hope you had a nice bit on.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #75972 on: April 28, 2014, 10:49:42 PM »

Any thoughts?

Definitely be more confident, and then mugs like me can't start getting silly ideas Wink

GreekWay

View Profile
« Reply #75973 on: April 28, 2014, 10:57:45 PM »

I will definitely start to get more involved. Its a good fun to talk about betting and potential selections.

This thread is full of both experts and great characters.

I wish I get a chance sometime to meet some of you fellas.

chemicaltoon

View Profile
« Reply #75974 on: April 28, 2014, 11:51:10 PM »

I will definitely start to get more involved. Its a good fun to talk about betting and potential selections.

This thread is full of both experts and great characters.

I wish I get a chance sometime to meet some of you fellas.

Will second the above.

Hate Mondays, always fall asleep as soon as I walk in the door from work since I started watching the American sports. Fell asleep while looking at prices for Newcastle players to be carded and I missed the game, probably not the worst thing though.

Not sure I should post on the Newcastle bets to be honest, definitely can be looking with blinkers on , try to leave there games alone as much as I can now. I did back 'Draw No Bet' last week though, and thought it was a good bet. I will post in the Newcastle thread I saw at some point to try and articulate my thoughts on them. At least then some of you can see how far detached from reality my thinking is regarding them. Hope you got on the bets in your post though.

I'm still hopeful we aren't just going to roll over and put up no fight on final game of season. I have no action on Liverpool either way or any of the top teams but would be good to see Newcastle do FRED a favour if needed, after the last couple of games. I do worry its more likely to be a game to back a Liverpool penalty and them to score a couple of first half goals though.

I really like the NBA bet that was talked about earlier regarding Spurs, hoping I'm still awake to see it cross the line Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 5061 5062 5063 5064 [5065] 5066 5067 5068 5069 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: