blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 09:49:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272670 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Set in live cash game v "Nitty reg"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Set in live cash game v "Nitty reg"  (Read 27936 times)
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2010, 03:13:57 PM »

I'm not especially good at the poker but given the description of villain I''d not be surprised to learn that he limps in with 88 and it's pretty safe to assume that he knows hero doesn't limp in with KK

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2010, 03:16:34 PM »

OK, just so I've got it straight. The reason we make it to this level is because we can make passes like this. But in the same breath we must understand that our oppo, who has also made it to this level, is the worse kind of terrible. Yep understand that.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2010, 03:23:09 PM »

OK, just so I've got it straight. The reason we make it to this level is because we can make passes like this. But in the same breath we must understand that our oppo, who has also made it to this level, is the worse kind of terrible. Yep understand that.

ta dah  Cheesy

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2010, 03:56:00 PM »

errrrrm you make it to that level being able to play against peoples specific ranges and making the best plays you can not saying i've made an absolute hand strength im unable to fold, nothing like binking a few donkies to help you be rolled for it though. And you do realise, that there are lots of old men in London with lots of money who believe 'tight is right'? There are also tonnes of people with more money than the ability to use logic and reason?!
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2010, 04:06:02 PM »

errrrrm you make it to that level being able to play against peoples specific ranges and making the best plays you can not saying i've made an absolute hand strength im unable to fold, nothing like binking a few donkies to help you be rolled for it though. And you do realise, that there are lots of old men in London with lots of money who believe 'tight is right'? There are also tonnes of people with more money than the ability to use logic and reason?!

You're not helping your argument for the call here.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2010, 04:24:58 PM »

You're not helping your argument for the call here.

WE HAZ SETTTTTT
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2010, 04:25:12 PM »

that's another +1 for the calling argument thumbs up
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2010, 04:26:56 PM »

i think i prefer fold face up and never fold to him in future pots than fold face down fwiw

MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2010, 05:07:34 PM »

Why can't a tight player who is rich think Ak or KQ plays well vs the range of his much looser opponent?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2010, 05:22:35 PM »

lol how the fk do u come to that conclusion?

Do you think Guy Laliberte was playing $1k/2k online because he managed to grind his way through the ranks?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2010, 05:47:46 PM »

Why can't a tight player who is rich think Ak or KQ plays well vs the range of his much looser opponent?

sigh i'm just making the point that most of the people in this game haven't ground their br's from the small games up.

There are alot of idiots in the world, and sadly/luckily alot have money. If this guy is playing his cards as the reads suggest not 'poker' then it's a fold and maybe go home and open jam plo microstakes for a while to detilt.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2010, 05:58:44 PM »

Dearie me.

here we go hope this helps

EDIT* how the fuuuuuuuk do i EMBED this youtube clip Sad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQuw4CfMlOg

« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 06:02:57 PM by SuuPRlim » Logged

MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2010, 06:01:26 PM »

Sorry, I ask again, if villain only ever shows up here with 88 or KK and that's a fact from reads/history what is the purpose of the thread??

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2010, 06:05:07 PM »

Sorry, I ask again, if villain only ever shows up here with 88 or KK and that's a fact from reads/history what is the purpose of the thread??

omg. The OP describes how he played the hand. Explains why he played it like that and is asking for opinions on his play, if you think villians range is wider, and would have taken a different line for w/e reason then please explain and contribute.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2010, 06:16:59 PM »

I'm with mantis.

DELETE PHA BOARD PLZ MODS

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: