blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 09:52:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272661 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  England in South Africa
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: England in South Africa  (Read 33891 times)
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 26, 2015, 02:08:18 PM »

Steyn is just beast, the emotion and aggression he plays with is brilliant to see.

Something you don't tend to get from our lads.

Probably has something to do with schools and junior club cricket. Even when I was growing up any aggression and emotion led to a bollocking from the senior pros for being disrespectful.

At club level I don't mind a bit of aggression, but if they are bowling all of 60mph it doesn't have the same effect.

I'm VC of our second team, and we have an opening bowler who gets up to about 75mph and he has a bit of a nasty streak about him, loves a stare and a mutter.

I personally giggle when bowlers do it to me, they don't realise I will get out without all the histrionics if they put a 12 year old spinner on.
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 26, 2015, 02:12:17 PM »

Steyn is just beast, the emotion and aggression he plays with is brilliant to see.

Something you don't tend to get from our lads.

Probably has something to do with schools and junior club cricket. Even when I was growing up any aggression and emotion led to a bollocking from the senior pros for being disrespectful.

At club level I don't mind a bit of aggression, but if they are bowling all of 60mph it doesn't have the same effect.

I'm VC of our second team, and we have an opening bowler who gets up to about 75mph and he has a bit of a nasty streak about him, loves a stare and a mutter.

I personally giggle when bowlers do it to me, they don't realise I will get out without all the histrionics if they put a 12 year old spinner on.

True, it is annoying though. In my league - which granted is a bit shit - its frowned upon to bowl bouncers by the elder statesmen of the team because most batsmen dont bother wearing a helmet, and if bowlers do bowl short pitched deliveries, some captains take them off!

There is a point to this - we need more aggression in junior cricket imo.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 26, 2015, 02:38:22 PM »

Good solid recovery this

Shame the excellent Nasser is left behind in the studio, cost cutting with the expense of the new football deal no doubt
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 26, 2015, 02:48:12 PM »

Is there a point in bowling 60mph bouncers tho? IMO the game needs to be played in the right spirit at club level, I don't turn up ons Saturday to have some chav talking huge amounts of crap when they are rubbish.

We have banned sledging in our side, unless it is directed at your own team, then it is mandatory!!

Taylor and Compton looking solid here, never thought I would be impressed with Compton, but he is just grinding away.

Taylor is my favorite player in the team. Love him.Q
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 26, 2015, 04:38:01 PM »

such a shame that for Taylor, tremendous partnership

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 26, 2015, 04:39:35 PM »

Was just a good ball. The last couple had come into him and this one just held the line/moved very slightly away. Nothing he could do about that, great innings.

Looking at the pitch though I really wish we had Jimmy fit.
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 26, 2015, 04:47:39 PM »

After losing that toss, on this deck. Think England won't be too unhappy with that day? Shame about Taylor. Looks the goods too

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 27, 2015, 06:26:12 AM »

those of you out there try, if the weather improves, to spend a couple of hours on the beach at uhmlanga rocks, about a 15 minute drive down the coast from durban

the waves are fantastic, as is the setting.

Unfortunately we have no car here and I wouldn't be surprised to see the test go 5 days. If we do get a spare day will definitely take the tip, thanks.

Thought Taylor and Compton were very good yesterday, a case of substance over style. Think both should have been in the side earlier/ stayed in the side, they give the batting order some solidity we have enough to accelerate the pace later on.

Oh and the beer is about a pound pint in the ground and tickets are about 4 quid for a full day's play different world to back home.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 27, 2015, 06:34:41 AM »

those of you out there try, if the weather improves, to spend a couple of hours on the beach at uhmlanga rocks, about a 15 minute drive down the coast from durban

Unfortunately we have no car here and I wouldn't be surprised to see the test go 5 days. If we do get a spare day will definitely take the tip, thanks.

Thought Taylor and Compton were very good yesterday, a case of substance over style. Think both should have been in the side earlier/ stayed in the side, they give the batting order some solidity we have enough to accelerate the pace later on.

Oh and the beer is about a pound pint in the ground and tickets are about 4 quid for a full day's play different world to back home.

Haha, Love hove yu still manage to find the value Smiley
Hope the weather is better for you today
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 27, 2015, 06:41:35 AM »

Haha, Love hove yu still manage to find the value Smiley
Hope the weather is better for you today

Longy - if you do make it to Umhlanga then the Oyster Box should be your restaurant of choice. Uber available so don't sweat not having a car.

Allez!!
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 27, 2015, 10:15:49 AM »

After grafting so hard we're back under the pump here.

Pound a pint and a bit of sun today, that's the dream
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 27, 2015, 10:17:41 AM »

Can anyone at all remind me at what point Moeen Ali was deemed good enough to be an international batsman?
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 27, 2015, 10:27:33 AM »

Bit dissapointing after all the solid work. Need broad to be at the top of his game to stay in this I think

sola virtus nobilitat
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 27, 2015, 10:30:26 AM »

43/4 in the last ten overs ... depth of batting in the tail on paper not worked out this time. New ball obviously key to England's chances, you'd fancy having a go at Elgar and Van Zyl
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 27, 2015, 10:34:04 AM »

Who is going to open with Broad? Woakes would be my guess. Hardly inspiring.

God Im a right miserable bastard today.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: