blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 06:28:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272711 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make thin ....Here we go again !
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 308 ... 341 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make thin ....Here we go again !  (Read 495383 times)
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #4545 on: November 04, 2014, 06:33:53 PM »

or complexes! i get my daughter to do this with a broomstick on the rare occasion she looks up from her ipad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb3iXa-RvK8

don't seem to be able to get youtube vids up on here anymore?

zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #4546 on: November 04, 2014, 06:40:28 PM »

Does anyone here know how to lose inches from your waist without losing as much from your hips?

This is, unfortuntely, massively down to genetics.

Basically the way to lose inches around your waist is to eat clean, healthy foods; watch your caloric intake; and get plenty of exercise. Unfortunately, the waist area is usually one off the last places you lose fat, so it takes time and dedication to get a slimmer waist.

There are exercises you can perform to increase the size and strength of your glutes and hip muscles, which will create a more desirable waist:hip ratio, but this transformation won't be visible without a low level of bodyfat.

I wish there was a magic solution Melissa, sorry!
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: November 04, 2014, 06:44:19 PM »

it's [ youtube ] the prt of the url after v= [ /youtube ]
MelissaChloe

View Profile
« Reply #4548 on: November 04, 2014, 06:48:49 PM »

Does anyone here know how to lose inches from your waist without losing as much from your hips?

Basically the way to lose inches around your waist is to eat clean, healthy foods; watch your caloric intake; and get plenty of exercise. Unfortunately, the waist area is usually one off the last places you lose fat, so it takes time and dedication to get a slimmer waist.

There are exercises you can perform to increase the size and strength of your glutes and hip muscles, which will create a more desirable waist:hip ratio, but this transformation won't be visible without a low level of bodyfat.

I eat healthily most of the time and exercise 6 days a week anyway. It's not so much about losing weight, but getting that 0.7 waist:hip ratio, of which I would need to lose 3 inches off my waist and 1.5 inches off my hips to get there but I don't want to lose from my waist and hip at the same rate, otherwise the ratio will still be wrong.

No idea if that makes any sense!

Twitter: MelissaChloe_xo
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #4549 on: November 04, 2014, 06:58:33 PM »

it's [ youtube ] the prt of the url after v= [ /youtube ]

Also need to change https to http

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #4550 on: November 04, 2014, 11:35:32 PM »

so we've changed the order of our days, we are now doing Chest, Legs, back.  Also moved from barbell to dumbbells, mainly because the gym is super busy & its hard to get the bench.

still going, & enjoying the new routine, not been doing the 5:2 thing for a bit just eating clean at the moment.  been lots going on in my life & not able to fast, so just trying to go for damage limitation.  No weigh in for a few weeks but do not worry fellow fatties, I'm still on track.

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: November 05, 2014, 05:07:29 AM »

so we've changed the order of our days, we are now doing Chest, Legs, back.  Also moved from barbell to dumbbells, mainly because the gym is super busy & its hard to get the bench.

still going, & enjoying the new routine, not been doing the 5:2 thing for a bit just eating clean at the moment.  been lots going on in my life & not able to fast, so just trying to go for damage limitation.  No weigh in for a few weeks but do not worry fellow fatties, I'm still on track.

Nice. Sounds like you've had a lot going on mate (sick work on the promotion btw) so it's great to see you keeping at it. Not really such a thing as "taking a break" from maintaining your overall health. Even if you can't hit all your targets, it's good to stay on the right path.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: November 05, 2014, 05:12:57 AM »

I eat healthily most of the time and exercise 6 days a week anyway. It's not so much about losing weight, but getting that 0.7 waist:hip ratio, of which I would need to lose 3 inches off my waist and 1.5 inches off my hips to get there but I don't want to lose from my waist and hip at the same rate, otherwise the ratio will still be wrong.

No idea if that makes any sense!

Makes perfect sense. Apart from the losing inches without losing weight bit Wink

Once you've dropped the inches around your waist, you might find that holy shit you're genetically blessed enough to have only lost 1.5 inches around your hips anyway. If not, then it's probably time to pick up a barbell and start packing on some mass around your hips and - ahem - surrounding area.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #4553 on: November 07, 2014, 12:49:21 PM »

Got a sexy little treat for you guys later, because we've all been working very hard at consistently nailing our targets!
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #4554 on: November 07, 2014, 01:51:41 PM »

Here it is! It's time for another delicious recipe

BANANA OATMEAL PANCAKES

Wait... Pancakes? I thought we were trying to be all like, healthy and stuff.

We are! I woke up this morning and fancied something a bit different. Breakfast for me normally comprises of 5 egg whites and some greens, along with a big bowl of oatmeal, followed by a serving of fruit. This has everything I need to get me ready and give 100% to whatever comes my way (usually a butt-whipping workout!)

All I've really done with this recipe is use my regular ingredients in a different fashion. In the picture above I've consumed about 1,000 calories because I need a big, muscle gaining portion size. Someone looking to eat at a caloric deficit in order to lose weight will want as follows:

• 2 large eggs (or 3 medium ones)
  • 40g oats
  • 1 banana
  • 1 scoop of whey protein powder (unflavoured if you have it, vanilla or chocolate would work well too)
  • A big handful of spinach (don't worry, once this is blended in it won't taste of anything, but your body will thank you for the phytonutrients)
  • A dash of cinnamon
  • A handful of blueberries

The "method" could not be easier. Put all the ingredients, except the blueberries, in a blender and whizz until all of the ingredients are mixed and you're left with a batter texture. If it's too thick, add a dash of milk. If it's too thin you can add some more oats but it would need to be VERY thin because this batter cooks really quickly.

Next, bring your frying pan to a medium-high heat and use whatever oil it is you'd normally cook pancakes in. I personally can't think of anything I'd rather use other than organic coconut oil, but you might have some of that 1cal spray stuff knocking about or some unsalted butter. Pour the batter in to make whatever size pancakes you like (I like little ones so I can pile them nice and high), leave to cook for around 10 seconds before flipping them over and giving them another 10 seconds. They should be a lovely golden brown colour when they're cooked.

Serve your pancakes up with some blueberries. I've chosen to put them in a saucepan with a splash of water for a minute or so to create a sort of blueberry coulis which I've poured over the top.

Here's your macronutrient breakdown:
Calories:
Protein:
Carbs:
Fat:

Let me know if you guys try this, and what you think of it!
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #4555 on: November 09, 2014, 03:00:11 PM »

Chest & Tri's

Pretty pleased with todays session, enjoying using the dumbbells instead of barbell as it feels like i'm making progress each week.

Weigh in was a little disappointing but not disasterous taking into account the fact i haven't really been trying to "diet".  106kg which is what i was the last time i checked.

its been a transitional few weeks at home & at work but thats all sorted now so time to re-focus & get back on the clean living!

lets go go go

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
teamonkey

View Profile
« Reply #4556 on: November 09, 2014, 07:08:45 PM »

my job is extremely sedentary, i basically sit on my arse all day and occasionally move to eat way too much tasty (read high callory) food

last time i weighed in at the heliport to fly to work i was exactly 123 kg, which is way too much

so i've got a bet on with a couple of blokes on the rig, who dont think i can lose 3kg in a 2 week trip

my weight check is to take my wieght in the radio room, and film it, so i have a record of my arrival weight, then do the same 2 weeks later just before i leave at the end of my trip

during the 2 weeks i plan to stay active and probably drop my intake of food to around 1000-1500 callories a day, get at least 1 hour a day in the gym doing cardio, and when i'm not controlling the ROV, make sure im on my feet and not on my arse

i'll update here on the start weight, and the end weight, and how much money i won/lost (it's not significant amounts, much more of a bragging thing

obviously if i win i'll attempt to do the same thing each trip until i'm possibly sub 100kg

GL fellow porkers

Mick

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #4557 on: November 10, 2014, 08:38:56 PM »

8th Sept:      16st  0lb
15th Sept:    15st 11lb
22nd Sept:   15st 10lb
29th Sept:    15st 10lb
 6th Oct:      15st   9lb
13th Oct:      15st   8lb
20th  Oct:     15st   8lb
27th Oct:      15st   7lb
 3rd Nov:      15st   6lb
10th Nov:     15st   4lb

Loss this week:    2lb
Total loss:           10lb

Obv really happy with past week, especially as I was on the beer/takeaways at the NFL game yesterday.
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #4558 on: November 11, 2014, 05:58:06 PM »

Am gonna get back on this
Current weight 17 stone 4 lb

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4559 on: November 11, 2014, 11:02:51 PM »

Am gonna get back on this
Current weight 17 stone 4 lb

Go on Lee.. Do it this time!

3 years since you started this thread, you were 17st 6 1/2lb.

Mind you, I have no room to talk...   

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 308 ... 341 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: