blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 04:36:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272669 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  hello all again
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: hello all again  (Read 3704 times)
ThePaps

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2007, 10:57:54 PM »

Just wanted advice on best book to read. Anyone any comments? Have to watch my punctuation now!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 11:00:59 PM »

best book?..Mila18 is a beautiful read about the Jewish Ghetto in Warsaw during WW2.

Pokerbook? Supersystem 2 is a clear winner there..though I'd suggest buying pokerplayer magazines and all that sort of thing first..more fun..free games and loads of knowledge tucked into a 2.75£ mag... Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 11:01:16 PM »

book for what

for poker its probably the supersystem series, for fiction u cant go wrong with a bit of Dan Brown or Lee Childs.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 11:03:25 PM »

Mark Billingham is good if you like new crime fiction

My own book is out February, all about knitting.

Aside from that try here

http://www.blondepoker.com/index.php?q=taxonomy/term/4

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 11:11:39 PM »

Already gave her one book.  The Chicka is serious....blimey!!!!  Who woulda thunk it?  Help her out lads.  Cheers!!!

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 11:14:59 PM »

sorry i dont have any books but she can have an old copy of club international (mid 80s)i have stashed away somewhere if she wants it

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 11:16:00 PM »

Already gave her one book.  The Chicka is serious....blimey!!!!  Who woulda thunk it?  Help her out lads.  Cheers!!!

Super System or Harrington

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 11:38:44 PM »

Poker: Slansky for cash, Harrington for tourneys and supersystem for a bit of everything.

Non poker: the complete works of Oscar Wilde.
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 12:18:21 AM »

championship no limit and pot limit holdem by cloutier and mcelvoy and play like the pro's by phil helmuth,
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2007, 01:56:26 AM »

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest not an option?   

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2007, 08:19:54 AM »

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest not an option?   

I think she already knows someone who did Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
K9sixtwo

Sigillum Militum Xpisti

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2007, 09:32:52 AM »

Poker wise I'd go for Helmuth "Play Poker like a Pro" a great book to start with and then to revisit as you improve..

Autobiography.. Alex Hailey's Auto bio on Malcolm X

For a deep read The Book of Strangers by Ian Dallas

For fun To Serve Them All My Days by RF Delderfield...about my old school !
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2007, 12:09:08 PM »

Poker Books? I can't recommend any.

Non-Poker Book - try "A Short History of Nearly Everything" by Bill Bryson. But beware, it will change your life, because you will see so many things in a new & wondrous light.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
ThePaps

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2007, 04:04:11 PM »

sorry i dont have any books but she can have an old copy of club international (mid 80s)i have stashed away somewhere if she wants it

Non-Poker Book - try "A Short History of Nearly Everything" by Bill Bryson. But beware, it will change your life, because you will see so many things in a new & wondrous light.
Haven't you brought your own book out yet tikay? Will try to get around to reading the other one though, i like them sort of mysterious but true books thanks. What would you recommend best for me playing in to get more of an insight and feel for things. Been doing quite a few freerolls and a couple of sit and go's and tried the european feeder freeroll as well and came 100 out of a 1000 which i didn't think was too bad, but want to get learning quick and maybe actually try to make some money at this. lol
ThePaps

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2007, 04:07:53 PM »

Just wanted advice on best book to read. Anyone any comments? Have to watch my punctuation now!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Haven't you brought your own book out yet tikay? Will try to get around to reading the other one though, i like them sort of mysterious but true books thanks. What would you recommend best for me playing in to get more of an insight and feel for things. Been doing quite a few freerolls and a couple of sit and go's and tried the european feeder freeroll as well and came 100 out of a 1000 which i didn't think was too bad, but want to get learning quick and maybe actually try to make some money at this. lol
Poker wise I'd go for Helmuth "Play Poker like a Pro" a great book to start with and then to revisit as you improve..

Autobiography.. Alex Hailey's Auto bio on Malcolm X

For a deep read The Book of Strangers by Ian Dallas

For fun To Serve Them All My Days by RF Delderfield...about my old school !
Thanks for your advice. Know what i will be doing this christmas.  (didn't have one reading a book) but like being back at school. Thanks again. Once read the poker ones might try the non-poker ones as well
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: