blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 05:23:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272686 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 179271 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #720 on: October 08, 2010, 03:43:14 PM »

Think we've dealt with this before, but work with me here. 

Cooked lamb scraps - good or bad for dogs? 

I know the bone is a no-no.  Referring to the meat.

Lily can't as it doesn't agree with her, but having a brain freeze wondering if that's a general doggy thing or just a Lily thing.

No problem at all. Chop it up in to small pieces and scatter feed it in the garden.

They love sniffing round finding food and lamb will smell lovely.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: October 08, 2010, 03:50:57 PM »

Ooooooh, excellent stuff!  Snacks with a game tossed in for good measure.  Usually just divvy up the leftovers between their two food bowls, but this sounds more fun.  With the added bonus that Cassie nearly always beats Lily when it comes to sniffing something out. 

In fact, Lily only gets the treats tossed out in the yard if she luckboxes her way into one, so we won't have to worry about messing up her belly with this one.  She loves lamb, but she loved it too much one day and hasn't been right since.  Ate a whole fecking roast leg of lamb dinner one day.  GG Sunday dinner...and gg her belly when she goes near it now.     

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #722 on: October 18, 2010, 01:05:27 PM »

Nearly on the mend.  Reckon another day or two and I'll be right as rain again.  Just in time to trash the system with a week-end in Luton for the APAT. 

Swerved the IPO in Dublin this week-end.  Figured if I'd any hope of being right for Luton, a crazy week-end in Dublin was NOT the way to go about it.  Granted the kids had me shuffling them all over the place so I wasn't exactly relaxing at home.  Still, could have been worse but instead I'll be better.  Result.

Haven't been to the cinema in yonks so went to see Life As We Know It on Saturday.  Was looking for a comedy, got...meh.  Funny-ish in spots, but not one I'd recommend or go back to again.  I get to the cinema maybe two or three times a year - tops.  Pity it's never at a time when there's some brilliant block buster out.  By the time I get round to going, the great film has long gone and is heading it's way to sky movies.  And therein lies another problem.

I've got sky movies, but I've also got a house full of people who will have already seen it in the cinema.  When I take the time out to watch a movie, I like to get proper stuck in.  Not possible in Laxie's version of Grand Central Station.  They'll either chat away through the whole fecking thing so I can't pay attention, or they'll tell me the 'good bits' as they're coming up.  And if it's a 'weepy' film?  They invite all their mates round to watch me blubber like a baby for the laugh.  Marv. 

Had to stop watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition ages ago because I'd bawl during the reveal at the end of the show - every time.  Was delighted for the families and couldn't help meself.  Sarah would have the tissues at the ready for the last 10 or 15 minutes of the show saying to all the kids in the room, "Wait for it Lads...she's about to lose it."  Cue fits of giggles.  Followed by Laxie losing it.  And fits of rolling laughter.  Rinse repeat until I stopped watching the damn thing.  Just as well.  That one guy never stopped shouting down the bullhorn anyway.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: October 26, 2010, 04:33:38 PM »

So it's nearly that time.  Halloween.  My kids have grown out of the wee disco so we won't be running ragged sorting costumes this week.  They'll be dragging decorations down later today though.  Mom landed in a bit of a state yesterday, so they've taken it upon themselves to push 'cheery times' forward a day or two.  And Mom has now copped on.  I will mostly be helping get the place totally spooked out with the girls. 

Tomorrow we go shopping for popcorn ball ingredients and we'll make them when we get home.  All going well, we won't have them demolished before Halloween night when kids call for trick or treating, but we're also buying loads of sweets as back up...just in case.  Will be carving a pumpkin too, but that's mostly so we can roast the pumpkin seeds after.  Nummy!

Just need to think of a costume for the night and we're good to go.  Kids have grown out of wearing them, but Mom hasn't.  And I'm never the same thing twice.  Refuse to spend silly money on the gear though.  Bit of creative planning and a few accessories and you'd be surprised what ya can come up with.  Lily wears a hair band every year.  We'll see how Cassie handles it.  If she's cool about the idea, then both dogs will have something going on the night too. 

Here's the popcorn ball recipe in case anyone wants to give it a go:

12 c popcorn
1 c peanuts
1 cup m&m's
1 bag marshmallows
6 Tbs butter

Put butter & marshmallows in bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Mix

Add to popcorn/peanuts/M&M mix, stir & let cool slightly.

Once yer sure 3rd degree burns won't occur from heat of it, grease hands & make balls.

Wrap each ball in cling film and tie with autumn colours ribbon.

Almost starting to look forward to it now.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: October 27, 2010, 10:14:54 PM »

Here we go with another dog food question.  Earlier this evening I was gifted some Venison steaks by one of the neighbours.  We've loads of hunters around here, so from now on fridge and freezer will be packed with all sorts of wild stuff. 

Cassie went abso MENTAL sniffing when the bag landed on the counter!  Tail wagging mad and she looking up at me with those big pleading eyes.  Even the wee mouth was gone all jittery.  Only I wasn't sure if she's ok to have it.  And if it's ok - raw or cooked? 

I cooked up the steaks and gave the dogs the drippings from the frying pan mixed in with their dry food, but Cassie was looking for the real deal.  I've some saved on a plate as a treat in case you lot say it's ok. 

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: October 27, 2010, 10:20:35 PM »

course they can have it. they'll love it

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: October 28, 2010, 07:26:47 PM »

course they can have it. they'll love it

You weren't kidding there!  Who needs an electric hoover when I've two four-legged ones?! 

Paid a few bills today.  Sounds crazy, but paying bills always cheers me up.  Not particularly thrilled when I have to leave the house to pay them.  But once the job's done I'm glad I got round to it. 

Better again, they can be crossed off that list scrambling round in me brain.  Not near as organised as Tighty with coloured charts and everything written down.  Everything gets tossed into the skull mush and shifts itself around automatically in order of importance.  Now and then I'll wonder if 'proper' lists might make life a little more organised and less stressful.  But spend a few minutes with Tighty and I'm happy enough with my way again.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: November 03, 2010, 03:20:09 PM »

I'm really superstitious when it comes to spiders.  Absolutely refuse to allow them be killed in my presence.  They're left roam free in my house as long as they stay in the dark places where visitors aren't likely to meet them.  So you can understand why this wee darlin' and myself are prolly gonna have a falling out if he doesn't cop on.....

Click to see full-size image.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: November 03, 2010, 04:11:54 PM »

Halloween was pretty quiet this year.  Made about 70 gift bags for the local kids and usually that isn't enough, but this year we had leftovers. 

Myself and Sarah sorted the front of the house complete with a few talking skull dudes who shouted all sorts of stuff as kids walked up to the door

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: November 03, 2010, 04:13:20 PM »

Wheres the dog?

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: November 03, 2010, 04:17:08 PM »

Then the girls went about the business of dressing up the dogs.  Lily's used to it.  She humours us every year.  Apologies for the blurry shots.  We were under pressure as the girls wanted to hit the town.

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: November 03, 2010, 04:19:49 PM »

Isnt that Cruelty to animals?

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: November 03, 2010, 04:25:03 PM »

Cassie wasn't too keen on the idea, so we only got to put a wee vampire scarf around her.  Worked out well as she's got dark hair anyway.  Bridget's cats got scared at one point and ran to my house.  They were sat outside on the window sill.  Cassie was hoping I'd let them in to 'play'

But mostly she wasn't bothered with proceedings and stayed thrown down in her favourite spot by the fire....

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: November 03, 2010, 04:33:39 PM »

Eventually the girls decided it was too cold to be out and about so they landed home...with friends.  Cassie and Lily were lapping up the rubs and cuddles for the next hour or two.  Sarah's the one in blue.  Actually, SinĂ©ad was still at the neighbour's house at this point.  The rest of them are friends of Sarah's.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #734 on: November 03, 2010, 04:38:32 PM »

Meanwhile across the water in Ohio my Mom dressed Carmen up as a witch this year.......

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: