blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 01:57:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272660 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Terrible play ultra rewarded
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Terrible play ultra rewarded  (Read 28459 times)
Cotter1

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 09, 2013, 03:18:32 PM »

No reason to expect you would play any of the following differently pre-flop, but how would you play these on the A 9 3 flop?

A 10, A 8, A 7, A6.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 09, 2013, 05:11:14 PM »

lol not a level, wow then.

Listen buddy, you'll never learn how to win at gambling unless you learn how to lose - temprament, focus and discipline are three factors as, if not more important than actual poker ability and if taking such a beat (horrible, but not out of the ordinary) is going to throw your emotions so off kilt you have no chance. Poor/Average poker players with exceptional emotional control CAN win, great players with none CANNOT win, it's as simple as that really.

I know you've taken none of the advice ITT on board so far and there is no reason for you to listen to me either, the call pre-flop is defo a mistake, against a tight player like Alan squeezing preflop like that A9o will ALWAYS be in trouble(he never has KQo or A8 for eg), I know you're getting 5-1 but you have "reverse implied" odds to consider as well, which is the amount you could potentially LOSE if you flop a dominated hand - I know you're going to say you'd potentially chk.fold on AT5 or 943 but you're still putting your self in a venrable position playing a hand that is very likely dominated, OOP.

A lot of the people who have posted to you here people would (and do) pay actual money to hear their opinions on poker. Just bear that in mind before dismissing them.

It's only a game!

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 09, 2013, 05:22:52 PM »

First rule for poker rookies to learn... No such thing as value calling with rag Aces op in the sb
Second rule for poker rookies... Don't be results orientainted.. Realise you made a terrible call first

Until this is rectified you will never win anything

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 09, 2013, 08:31:35 PM »

Clearly this whole post has been about OP realising his ambition of 300 min posts for staking, whilst cunningly selling his investment appeal. 'Sold out' to follow...
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 09, 2013, 08:43:32 PM »

I folded a J......   Wink

LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 09, 2013, 09:15:19 PM »

I folded a J......   Wink

Sick I was on the table to and foled the other J so it's even worse that he hit a one outter
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 09, 2013, 09:31:01 PM »

First rule for poker rookies to learn... No such thing as value calling with rag Aces op in the sb
Second rule for poker rookies... Don't be results orientainted.. Realise you made a terrible call first

Until this is rectified you will never win anything

Story checks out.
cracksniper
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 09, 2013, 10:46:12 PM »

oh yeh, us rookies should'nt do what you tell us to do. I mean it's not worth a gamble to see a flop..never, lets just play safe at all costs, I mean  you've got the 'range' havn't you? You know exactly what the other player has got? Right? Well us poor players like to get other the likes of Alan Stearn AI for their tourney lifes when they have got nearly no chance of winning. This will be my last post on this matter, I have said what i have believed is the right thing to do. Alan banged his fist down and shouted 'yes' when he hit. If you back that up then get on with it. Over and out.
LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 09, 2013, 10:50:36 PM »

oh yeh, us rookies should'nt do what you tell us to do. I mean it's not worth a gamble to see a flop..never, lets just play safe at all costs, I mean  you've got the 'range' havn't you? You know exactly what the other player has got? Right? Well us poor players like to get other the likes of Alan Stearn AI for their tourney lifes whenhey have got nearly no chance of winning. tThis will be my last post on this matter, I have said what i have believed is the right thing to do. Alan banged his fist down and shouted 'yes' when he hit. If you back that up then get on with it. Over and out.

But he did win so his chances must of been ok!!
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: February 09, 2013, 11:11:23 PM »

oh yeh, us rookies should'nt do what you tell us to do. I mean it's not worth a gamble to see a flop..never, lets just play safe at all costs, I mean  you've got the 'range' havn't you? You know exactly what the other player has got? Right? Well us poor players like to get other the likes of Alan Stearn AI for their tourney lifes when they have got nearly no chance of winning. This will be my last post on this matter, I have said what i have believed is the right thing to do. Alan banged his fist down and shouted 'yes' when he hit. If you back that up then get on with it. Over and out.

He had top pair on the flop - worth a gamble if you ask me.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 09, 2013, 11:30:25 PM »

Did you stop around and see how the tournament panned out?

Poker_Monkey

"Cake or death?"

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 09, 2013, 11:35:31 PM »

Oh that's not fun now is it. Stay, hang about. It's nice to see what you want to say as you dig your self the nice hole your working on

Oh look you hit your 3 outter on me FML

Twitter :  https://twitter.com/adrian_lovelock

Fb : https://www.facebook.com/ady.lovelock
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 09, 2013, 11:45:20 PM »

So..... Asked the blind and ignorant man.... Why is the world against me ?

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 09, 2013, 11:51:07 PM »

The alias "cracksniper" is worrying me....I have images of him with one of those rifles with the sights that mean you can pick of an enemey from 200 miles; think we should all think about how we play the the next DTD deepstack if we face this villain.

PS - please say it was all a level now
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 09, 2013, 11:56:31 PM »

lol I first read the name and thought it was cracksniffer.

Ah! The element of surprise
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: