blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 10:02:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272676 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  If Carlsberg did weddings... (yet another blog) **TRIP REPORT FINALLY COMPLETE**
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If Carlsberg did weddings... (yet another blog) **TRIP REPORT FINALLY COMPLETE**  (Read 73128 times)
Joobie538

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: July 30, 2011, 10:58:50 PM »

thought it was about time for an update.

We decided to cancel the UK party hoping to get some of our money back. nope we've signed a contract so the hotel were adamant they would keep the £640 we've already paid for doing naff all.  So with a bit of negotiating we have turned the reception into a 3 course family dinner, would rather have had the money back but it's better than nothing.

cancelling that means we save elsewhere too, Adam's suit hire has just dropped by 25%, and I made the invites myself this week for under £10, that beats paying out £100.

we are now at the point where we have paid for everything (or have the cash to) and anything we save from now is spending money. I'm really proud of us for getting this far! There have been times where I've been tearing my hair out with stress not sure how we were going to make it happen.

Small rant: I must admit I am a little disappointed with my father he hasn't offered to pay for a thing (obv i shouldn't expect it but I am his only child and he has more than enough disposable income to afford to) I have asked him a few times for a loan to take the pressure off but he's laughed it off, also said he won't give me any money in case i gamble it away. At the moment I'm annoyed as he is still expecting to "give" me away.... er...... NO i paid for this myself I'll walk myself down the aisle thank you very much!

OK rant over... other than that we are ready to go and set for an amazing time in Vegas!!

Oh yeah i want my wedding breakfast here: http://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/#lobby

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 31, 2011, 12:34:05 PM »

Meself and Ger can walk ya down the aisle Chicka...no worries there.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 31, 2011, 12:39:25 PM »

The Cheese Cake Factory is lush.

Glad it is all coming together for you, chill and remember it is a wedding, no need to stress. xx

P S Charge ya pa his meal expense.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 31, 2011, 12:49:53 PM »

You would stop him from walking you down the aisle, because he hasn't paid for anything?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Joobie538

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 31, 2011, 10:47:09 PM »

You would stop him from walking you down the aisle, because he hasn't paid for anything?

No it's the fact that he has refused to help at all, not even a loan. Although he did offer to pay for me and Adam to see Penn and Teller while we are out there... then made my mum pay for one of the tickets.  

But when my stepbrother got married he paid for their £2000 honeymoon.   only child <<<<<<<<<<<< wife's children.  
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 10:58:19 PM by Joobie538 » Logged

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 01, 2011, 08:32:08 AM »

Can open - worms everywhere

Click to see full-size image.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 01, 2011, 08:57:55 AM »

Joobsie,
Maybe with traveling over to the wedding it is pulling on his purse strings. He possibly feels quite awful if he can't help in anyway but obviously wants to be there on the day. Maybe he was in a better position when your step brother wed.

At the end of the day you two will be married and that's what it's all about.

Now stop fretting and enjoy it. xx

Joobie538

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 02, 2011, 06:59:56 AM »

Joobsie,
Maybe with traveling over to the wedding it is pulling on his purse strings. He possibly feels quite awful if he can't help in anyway but obviously wants to be there on the day. Maybe he was in a better position when your step brother wed.

At the end of the day you two will be married and that's what it's all about.

Now stop fretting and enjoy it. xx

Nah he's just tight. He's inherited a house since then.

Anyway i'm over it now, no point getting stressed out over it.

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 03, 2011, 10:55:30 AM »

2 months to go! (and a few days) 79 days til the wedding which means 74 til we fly!

Pretty sporadic updates right now but that's mainly because most things are done, all that's left is mainly saving up the spending money. [   ] This is going well. I can't get overtime at work right now which means I'm on a part time wage.

September sees us get the wedding rings sorted, Joobs is due to go up to Morecambe at the end of the month for her wedding dress fitting...and we need to start looking at places for the cat whilst we're away.

Apart from that, all the travel to/from London is sorted (tikay will be happy, trains there and back) along with the hotels. Am starting to keep my eye on exchange rates to get $ now.

Starting to feel the excitement, although Joobs is mainly feeling sick about the flight!
Joobie538

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 07, 2011, 08:44:25 PM »

sent my engagment ring off today to be re-plated and cleaned up ready for November.

I've only been with out it a few hours and my hand feels weird, got 2 weeks before i get it back!

funny coz i didn't realise how much I fiddled with it till it's not there anymore lol

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 07, 2011, 08:55:26 PM »

Am I posting the pic of our comedy attempt at hair or are you doing it?

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Joobie538

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 07, 2011, 08:58:11 PM »

Am I posting the pic of our comedy attempt at hair or are you doing it?

I'll let you do it lol

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 07, 2011, 09:19:35 PM »

Apologies for the poor quality. 

Warning - Do not drink and do hair kids.  It won't end well....

Luckily, despite my drunken attempts to have her looking like something out of Rocky Horror Picture Show - Adam still loves her...

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 07, 2011, 09:51:37 PM »

it could've been worse....

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Joobie538

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 07, 2011, 10:08:26 PM »

Luckily, despite my drunken attempts to have her looking like something out of Rocky Horror Picture Show - Adam still loves her...

tbh it looks like i was killing him there.... i could well have been Wink

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: