blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 12:18:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272661 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Grosvenor Midlands Masters FINAL DAY: Interactive
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Grosvenor Midlands Masters FINAL DAY: Interactive  (Read 24533 times)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2007, 07:02:28 PM »

Micky Wernick looks to have staged a mini recovery and is now sitting on 22k or so, still under a fair bit of pressure with the blinds at 1.5k 3k...

I join the other table, which is a pretty tough one as it has Martyn Cavanagh, Harpit Gurnham, Surinder Sunar, Marc Goodwin, Dave Colclough and Paul Jackson on it! Some table huh?

Martyn Cavanagh is seen limping on the blind of Surinder Sunar from the button. Harpit completes...

The flop comes , which elicits a bet of 5k from Harpit. Surinder passes and Martyn minimum raises to 10k...

Harpit checks his cards again, dwells a while and ultimately folds an 8 face up. Martyn Cavanagh shows a trickily played K-K...
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 07:09:43 PM by JungleCat03 » Logged

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
oyoysavaloy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2007, 07:27:37 PM »

ALL GONE QUIET..... OR IS MARC GOODWIN THINKING ABOUT HIS NEXT MOVE?
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2007, 07:29:15 PM »

Where did Red-Dog finish?

Some astonishing results online and live the last week.

Respect big fella.

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2007, 07:30:07 PM »

Martyn Cavanagh is shouting. "Hey blondepoker! [it is my name] Dave Colclough's all in!" I rush over. "Oh, it's ok, he's folded," says Martyn, as Marc Goodwin is folding what appears to be A-T. I think Dave shows some kind of Queen, probably A-Q or Q-Q?

Meanwhile, Mickey's getting impatient. "We got a private room booked at the Rocket Club tonight, boys, all sorted. All you gotta do is let me win the tournament." Then, five minutes later: "Shall we have five and a half grand apiece and go to the Rocket Club?" I want to see the Rocket Club...
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2007, 07:36:13 PM »

Paul Jackson's table has a fair bit of banter floating around on it. On Dave Colclough's big blind, he says "Don't leave me alone with him!" - a reference to the big stack of Marc Goodwin in the small blind. Surinder limps on the button as requested by Dave.... "THANKS!", and Marc completes from the small blind.

The flop comes three diamonds . Dave bets out 4k and both Surinder and Marc go away, allowing him to pick up the pot...

Next hand , Surinder limps again from the cut off with a 25k stack on Paul Jackson's big blind, Dave Colclough completes and now Paul Jackson raises an extra 20k, which is most of Surinder's stack...

Surinder goes into the tank for so long, he is feared drowned and Dave ultimately calls the clock on him. With about 10 seconds of the minute clock remaining, Surinder calls the clock on himself much to the table's amusement!...before passing...Dave also passes and Actionjack picks up the final hand before the buffet break.

Players are now on a 30 minute break, grabbing some well earned refreshments from the buffet before they resume on 2k 4k. Just a reminder, 12 players remain and the average stack is 86,000. Marc Goodwin remains the chip leader.

Seeyou shortly!

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2007, 07:53:23 PM »

Meanwhile, Mickey's getting impatient. "We got a private room booked at the Rocket Club tonight, boys, all sorted. All you gotta do is let me win the tournament." Then, five minutes later: "Shall we have five and a half grand apiece and go to the Rocket Club?" I want to see the Rocket Club...

Didn't know you were into that sort of thing Dana...Wink
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2007, 07:57:13 PM »

Respect big fella.

Geo

I went out in 14th Geo.

The older I get, the better I was.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2007, 07:59:15 PM »

UPDATE:

No Rocket Clubbing yet, sadly, but Mr Dave Colclough spent his dinner break nipping across to the cinema and coming back with a big tub of Revels. I had two, and they were both caramel. Score! I'm wondering whether I can talk Snoopy into running over there and bringing back popcorn for the final...

Play is resuming any second.
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2007, 08:05:21 PM »

Respect big fella.

Geo

I went out in 14th Geo.

Thanks Tom,

Brilliant effort after yesterdays result.

Well done again.

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
CrestOfaWave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2007, 08:14:10 PM »

noooooooooooo Mr Nicholls ... gutted.
GL to RED DOG and the elblonde one.

BOK!

Here's another photo of the great man eating some kind of omelette:

RED DOG  had the same meal on Wednesday night and there were a few baked bean jokes flying around whilst he tucked into his scram. Obviously helps him go deep in these events by sticking to the same diet.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2007, 08:24:48 PM »

Exciting news of eliminations!

First off , Surinder Sunar, who only had about 22k or so is OUT!

I don't have his exit details as he was out so sharpish...possibly some sort of KT push was called by AJ in the blinds and the flop came K-x-T-x-Q. Sick river. But as we know imaginary poker hands are rigged folks...

On Micky Wernick's table, Clive Padden just pushed allin for 32k or so and was called by Zafar Mirza for most of his chips.

Clive was no doubt very releived to see he had two overs for his against Mirza's 8-8

A board of Two Clubs three clubs ensued, meaning Clive took down the 65k+ pot with his pair of , whilst Mirza's bad coin-flippery left him very short.

The next hand Rob Reese raised to 9k and Mirza was allin from the small blind, holding . Everyone else passed and Rob's A-Q emerged victorious on a 8-2-8-3-Q board...

10 left now with 9 paid, which means boys and girls it is BUBBLE TIME!!!

Click to see full-size image.

Good luck everyone!

oyoysavaloy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2007, 08:30:50 PM »

HAVE YOU GOT NAMES OF THE 10 LEFT PLEASE?
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2007, 08:32:56 PM »

Dave Colclough check-calls Paul Jackson's 10k bet on a board. Then Paul Jackson bets another 10k on the river. "What do you have?" wonders Dave. "A three?" He dwells up for aaaages. Then calls. His Two Diamonds two hearts is ahead, and Jackson mucks. "That's got to be the worst bluff I've ever seen," says Dave. "Absolutely pathetic."

And now the Hand We've All Been Waiting For Since The Dinner Break: The Bubble.

There is a flop. Clive Padden bets 16k. Steve Jelinek raises to cover him. He calls.

Steve Jelinek -

Clive Padden - 

No change on the turn and river, and we have an unlucky bubbler and a final.

Players are invading the press room, I mean, Private High Roller Room thingy, and they'll be starting shortly...

« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 08:51:38 PM by danafish » Logged
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2007, 08:56:51 PM »

Seat 1 - Rob Reece

Seat 2 - Marc Goodwin

Seat 3 - Mickey Wernick

Seat 4 - Harpit "Rana" Gurnam

Seat 5 - Steve Jelinek (here pictured with some guy trying to set fire to him using the power of his mind)

Click to see full-size image.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2007, 09:01:17 PM »

Seat 6 - Martyn Cavanagh

Seat 7 - Dave Colclough

Seat 8 - Paul Jackson

Seat 9 - Joseph Koumi

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: