blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 09:16:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272673 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2282 2283 2284 2285 [2286] 2287 2288 2289 2290 ... 2344 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3621021 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34275 on: February 21, 2022, 04:38:07 PM »

Could have been worse..

Click to see full-size image.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34276 on: February 21, 2022, 04:40:31 PM »

I can't begin to imagine how you do something like this.

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #34277 on: February 21, 2022, 06:46:52 PM »

Do you have a wood burner Tom ?

My dad has a small one in the kitchen where his old coke fed  boiler / water heater used to be .he had a coal shed and a coke shed built at the end of his garage ,when his bungalow was built in 1962-63 there was a shortage of facing bricks so no garages were being offered ,but his father worked at the brickyards as a drawer ,he hand loaded a wheelbarrow with a wooden wheel banded by metal ,
bricks out of the hot kiln ,so he was able to get the bricks delivered to my dad n mums plot for the garage

Now mums gone he sits out there watching tv and feeds it with a lot of old scrap wood the neighbors have given him for him to saw up . Fence posts cut into 8 inch β€œ bricks β€œ are a favourite he also saws - usually by hand ,pallets .old fence panels ,decking ,pieces of furniture πŸͺ‘ ,lol but not his own yet
He’s doing well for 88 in April  very active in a big garden which is his pride and joy ,with the most amazing variety of bird life and wildlife in
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34278 on: February 21, 2022, 08:10:48 PM »

My dad has a small one in the kitchen where his old coke fed  boiler / water heater used to be .he had a coal shed and a coke shed built at the end of his garage ,when his bungalow was built in 1962-63 there was a shortage of facing bricks so no garages were being offered ,but his father worked at the brickyards as a drawer ,he hand loaded a wheelbarrow with a wooden wheel banded by metal ,
bricks out of the hot kiln ,so he was able to get the bricks delivered to my dad n mums plot for the garage

Now mums gone he sits out there watching tv and feeds it with a lot of old scrap wood the neighbors have given him for him to saw up . Fence posts cut into 8 inch β€œ bricks β€œ are a favourite he also saws - usually by hand ,pallets .old fence panels ,decking ,pieces of furniture πŸͺ‘ ,lol but not his own yet
He’s doing well for 88 in April  very active in a big garden which is his pride and joy ,with the most amazing variety of bird life and wildlife in

I don't  have a wood burner Tony, I'm all gas and electric now. (God help me)

I do miss a real fire terribly though. Man and boy, lighting the fire was always my job.

There's a real art to it as I'm sure you know. Chopping kindling & screwing up the newspaper just right so that it's firm enough to support the wood but not so tight that it won't burn properly.

Those first few minutes when the smoke swirls but there's no real draw yet, and then the crackle and spit that tells you you've won, this time at least.

Fire is in our DNA. It's a primeval thing but I suppose it's pleasures will be lost to future generations.

Say hello to your dad for me. Long may stay busy with his wood burner.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34279 on: February 21, 2022, 09:13:04 PM »

I don't  have a wood burner Tony, I'm all gas and electric now. (God help me)

I do miss a real fire terribly though. Man and boy, lighting the fire was always my job.

There's a real art to it as I'm sure you know. Chopping kindling & screwing up the newspaper just right so that it's firm enough to support the wood but not so tight that it won't burn properly.

Those first few minutes when the smoke swirls but there's no real draw yet, and then the crackle and spit that tells you you've won, this time at least.

Fire is in our DNA. It's a primeval thing but I suppose it's pleasures will be lost to future generations.

Say hello to your dad for me. Long may stay busy with his wood burner.

That description of lighting a fire brings back so many memories, especially getting the newspaper screwed up "just so". This was before Zip Firelighters of course, which were no fun at all & felt like cheating. 

The best bit was covering the fireplace opening with a sheet of newspaper to help the fire "draw", & then the sheet catching fire. God knows how I never set the house on fire. In this day & age it's hard to imagine I was doing that every day from the age of 6 or 7.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34280 on: February 21, 2022, 09:15:29 PM »

I used to prepare the "kindling" too, by chopping up old railway sleepers. They were soaked in creosote & engine oil & smelt so lovely when they burned. Never forgotten that smell, so evocative.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34281 on: February 21, 2022, 09:35:51 PM »

3 points for anyone who can tell me what's going on here.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34282 on: February 21, 2022, 09:47:44 PM »

You have captured a mole & are torturing it to find out where his mates live?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34283 on: February 21, 2022, 09:50:51 PM »

Oh I know where his mates live....

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #34284 on: February 22, 2022, 08:50:06 AM »

I have to make do with an Aldi  dustbin type incinerator for my fire πŸ”₯ fix
It was in the back garden - the neighbors moaned
I moved it to the gravel hardstanding at the side - the other neighbors moaned
It’s now residing in the front garden - it’s the industrial architectural look I tell the mrs as. She moans it’s out of place
But all paper and cardboard go in it every 2-3 days plus the odd bit of polystyrene for the smoke effect πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯
Laptops smoke the most I’ve learnt 
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #34285 on: February 22, 2022, 08:53:23 AM »

You have captured a mole & are torturing it to find out where his mates live?

You’ve skinneda mole for some breeks ?
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34286 on: February 22, 2022, 09:51:39 AM »

Both you and the other Tony are miles off.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34287 on: February 22, 2022, 10:16:35 AM »

Both you and the other Tony are miles off.

My first entry does not count, I was just messing.

The real answer is you are torturing a hedgehog.

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #34288 on: February 22, 2022, 10:18:20 AM »

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34289 on: February 22, 2022, 10:18:42 AM »

Today is Feb 22, 2022.

22/2/2022 so it really is Tuesday.

Pages: 1 ... 2282 2283 2284 2285 [2286] 2287 2288 2289 2290 ... 2344 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: