blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 12:58:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272686 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 597 598 599 600 [601] 602 603 604 605 ... 2344 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3627085 times)
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #9000 on: March 09, 2010, 11:28:59 PM »

Jesus to God ...

"I want the people on Earth to remember me, I need to show my face"

God to Jesus

"Good Idea Son, what have you got in mind, Walk on the Thames ?, or get interviewed by Piers Morgan on that shitty show"

Jesus to God

"No, I am going to show my face on a marmite jar lid"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8071865.stm

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9001 on: March 10, 2010, 05:08:37 AM »

Jesus to God ...

God to Jesus

"Good Idea Son, what have you got in mind, Walk on the Thames ?, or get interviewed by Piers Morgan on that shitty show"

Jesus to God

LOL.

They've had a tough couple of months, and it's nice to know jebus is looking over them.  Maybe he could have picked a better vantage spot?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #9002 on: March 10, 2010, 08:36:09 AM »

Morning folks.

Heres another story from my occasional series entitled "The World Has Gone Mad"

I mean, this piece says, in essence, "Lets make the majority pay for the sins of the few"

WTF?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8556195.stm

When I lived in Germany, it was compulsory to have some sort of insurance on your children in the event they caused damage.

A much better idea for the UK IMO, far more damage and grief done by people than dogs.

I still have an insurance covering my lads in the event of trouble.

Geo

This was my point with regards to cyclists and pedestrians.  They cause a considerable amount of accidents (if someone causes it, is it still an accident?) on the roads, resulting in damage to property and injury to people.  When this happens, it's the motorist who pays.  I'm all for mandatory insurance for cyclists.

Any evidence for that?

I'll have a look for evidence, what sort are you after exactly?  In anecdotal terms,  I've had cyclists go into the side of my car and scratch the paint.  I've seen them do worse damage to other cars, and have seen cars swerve to avoid cyclists who have pulled out and then they've struck walls, etc.  To get any sort of financial compensation for the damage from the cyclist you'd have to go to court and take a civil action against them.  If they don't actually have the money available, you're buggered anyway.  Much the same as with an uninsured car driver. 

So what happens, you claim on your own car insurance.  You pay the excess and your premium goes up.

I assume you still give the reason in the insurance claim as the damage caused by cyclists?

So counter anecdotally I'd say that when I worked for Hastings Direct, cyclists were mentioned so few times that they didn't even show up in the analysis (however, I was a statistician rather than an underwriter or even a driver - so if there's some "driving" reason why that would be the case then I'll retract that counter-anecdote Smiley )

The statistics I've found online is that less than 4% of accidents involve cyclists, I'd suggest that not all of them were the fault of the cyclists; if you're cycling insurance was weighted so that car insurance went down by 4% and cyclists covered that - it wouldn't be entirely unreasonable.

actually in the netherlands (a country with a huge bike riding heritage) they changed the law a number of years ago so that the fault always lay with a car driver in the event of a collision with a cyclist. no exceptions...

about 15 years ago, i had been living there about 3 months when i went to drive out of my road. it sat just off the main road and as i rounded the bend to the junction with the main road imagine my surprise when i saw a bike coming the other way (it was a one way street). He walloped the bonnet of my car and hit the deck. I was very concerned about him for 10 seconds, until i got out and he started shouting and swearing at me. he seemed really brave for a guy who was currently lying on the deck a yard from my front bumper. I was a much less calm person than i am these days, and went into a complete rage at this klootzak. i picked him up by the neck and with the veins popping out of my neck told him, he was lucky i didnt fkin kill him. But no he kept up his tirade (on reflection i should have realised that the guy was maybe in shock and didnt really know what he was saying). At this point i let him go and picked up his now pretty knackered bike. and threw it straight into the 'singel' (like a wee lake or canal) that ran beside the road. I then, calmly, told him that if he didnt shut the fuck up and admit he was in the wrong then he would follow it....

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9003 on: March 10, 2010, 09:46:15 AM »

Jesus to God ...

God to Jesus

Jesus to God

When I was a little boy, I had a Hinz ball of fluff puppy called Rhondda. My dad bought (or begged) it for me one day when we were hawking in the Rhondda Valley.

Back then you accessed the valley by a very steep, twisty turny road that wound down the hillside. When you reached the bottom, all you could see for miles were neat little cobbled streets lined with row after row of tiny terraced pit houses.

The front doors opened directly on to the street, which made for very easy hawking, no marching back and forth down garden paths, and usually, when you knocked on one door, the neghbours on each side came out to see what was up anyway.

We spoke to lots of people who had never been out of the valley in their lives.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9004 on: March 10, 2010, 09:50:27 AM »

actually in the netherlands (a country with a huge bike riding heritage) they changed the law a number of years ago so that the fault always lay with a car driver in the event of a collision with a cyclist. no exceptions...

What a great law. Cyclists should also be allowed to punch car drivers without reprisal.

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #9005 on: March 10, 2010, 10:54:01 AM »

how do you get all that marmite on the lid? they must've been storing it upside down. I doubt jesus would like people who do that sort of thing

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9006 on: March 10, 2010, 10:54:28 AM »

What a great law. Cyclists should also be allowed to punch car drivers (Especially kinboshi) without reprisal.

FMP

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9007 on: March 10, 2010, 10:57:09 AM »

Stain on garage floor that looks like Jesus.

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #9008 on: March 10, 2010, 10:58:21 AM »

What a great law. Cyclists should also be allowed to punch car drivers (Especially kinboshi) without reprisal.

FMP

you forgot to allow for the time's when he's just walking around. would be a shame if they left him alone just cos he wasn't in his car

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9009 on: March 10, 2010, 10:59:44 AM »

Stain in bathroom that looks like Jesus.

Click to see full-size image.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9010 on: March 10, 2010, 11:01:27 AM »

Fish stick that looks like Jesus.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9011 on: March 10, 2010, 11:03:21 AM »

Stain on iron that looks like Jesus

pokefast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9012 on: March 10, 2010, 11:03:49 AM »

Stain on garage floor that looks like Jesus.

Thats clearly Che Gevara.

Jon Woodfield is the cleverist man in Europe!
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9013 on: March 10, 2010, 11:05:22 AM »

Cheeto that looks like Jesus.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9014 on: March 10, 2010, 11:05:43 AM »

footballer who looks like Jesus, Jesus