blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 02:15:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272671 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 622 623 624 625 [626] 627 628 629 630 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6349005 times)
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9375 on: October 01, 2008, 10:41:35 AM »

Here's another pic, to help you. It's life-size, & it's a cow, for those less brightly disposed.

Would that be the size of a cow, or the size of an aeroplane? Smiley

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #9376 on: October 01, 2008, 04:06:48 PM »

Well here's one for you Tony, name the Railway Station that was stolen from BR?

Answer in the link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleckheaton_railway_station

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9377 on: October 01, 2008, 04:41:18 PM »

In "The Lounge", The Crow has interviewed all sorts of folks.

Prize for the best reply so far goes to......Tank, for this exchange.

Crow: How long have you been playing poker ?

Tank: I've been playing now for around 4 years, and the blinds are getting silly.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #9378 on: October 01, 2008, 04:57:01 PM »

Tank: I've been playing now for around 4 years, and the blinds are getting silly.

Closely followed by:

Crow: Do you delete bad language, how bad does it have to be?

Rod Paradise: Really fucking bad

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9379 on: October 01, 2008, 05:04:10 PM »

Closely followed by:

Crow: Do you delete bad language, how bad does it have to be?

Rod Paradise: Really fucking bad

Agreed - a definite nominee for "Best Reply".

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9380 on: October 01, 2008, 05:18:55 PM »

After I wrote the "Brendan Funeral" Thread, I had a whole bunch of the most wonderful PM's you could imagine. To all those who wrote to me, thank you. I will reply, as soon as I can. Sadly, this afternoon has been taken up by severe bts Modding debates about the Fergus thread, & some ugly PM exchanges on that matter, which had gotten a bit out of hand. Talk about mood swings!

It's like alternating between a hot bath & a cold bath sometimes, such pleasure, such pain. I don't know, some days, whether I love blonde, or hate it.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9381 on: October 01, 2008, 05:44:29 PM »

That Flying Cow, "Cowanaut" or whatever.

Thank you for the replies.

I think CIA's "Cattle of Britain" might get the prize - if there were one.

Niahmsdad got closest to the truth, "plant hire company in Sussex".

It is in fact exactly that - Facelift Access Hire UK, who have some 30 UK Depots, from Plymouth right up to Wick. I spotted "the Cow" at their Hickstead Depot, LOndon Road, Hickstead.

Here is their website - quiet entertaining as Plant Hire websites go - particularly the "Rogues Gallery", which is well worth a look. (See Tabs on left).

http://www.facelift.co.uk/

I'm still none the wiser as to why the flying cow though. Whatever was whoever thought it up thinking? Or drinking?

One prominent blonde, who shall be nameless - it begins with Com & ends with Po - spent 2 hours googling it last night, armed with a rough idea of my itinerary - & still never found out the whys & wherefores.

So many unanswered questions, so little time. Or, little things please little minds, maybe, in my case.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9382 on: October 01, 2008, 06:09:12 PM »

It is in fact exactly that - Facelift Access Hire UK, who have some 30 UK Depots, from Plymouth right up to Wick. I spotted "the Cow" at their Hickstead Depot, LOndon Road, Hickstead.

Here is their website - quiet entertaining as Plant Hire websites go - particularly the "Rogues Gallery", which is well worth a look. (See Tabs on left).

I'm still none the wiser as to why the flying cow though. Whatever was whoever thought it up thinking? Or drinking?

One prominent blonde, who shall be nameless - it begins with Com & ends with Po - spent 2 hours googling it last night, armed with a rough idea of my itinerary - & still never found out the whys & wherefores.

So many unanswered questions, so little time. Or, little things please little minds, maybe, in my case.

was it tighty?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9383 on: October 01, 2008, 06:09:27 PM »

Despite it being a Funeral, yesterday was really a wonderful day - the Funeral was a joyous occasion, & oh, that Church - picture-postcard stuff, if ever I saw it. A little tinsy-winsy lane leads to it, that cottage, Lychgate, that avenue of trees, the ramshackle uppity-downy graveyard, & the ancient Church - just perfect. You could not build such a thing now, impossible.

I've visited all the big Cathedrals - what I'd call the "Corporate Cathedrals" - York, Liverpool, Coventry, & I can barely remember anything about them. Durham & Lincoln are better, because they "sit" so well in their surroundings, but I don't remember much about them. I do remember St Stephens Cathedral, in Vienna, (which I visited with Lord Gosney) because it was just so spectacular, & had an amazing history. None made the impression that St Nicholas, Worth, made yesterday. I shall never forget it.

I spent a while yesterday morning just meandering along the lanes of Sussex, before the Funeral. The "new" M23/A23 is fine & dandy, but running parallel, for much of it's route, is 50's England on what I call the "old" A23. Heaven. Do try & take a drive along it one day, you'll not regret it. I'd had brekkie at The Hickstead Hotel - real old-fashioned Brekkie Service, where the waitress lady comes & takes your order, wearing her fancy pinny, & with a little notepad, & you can order anything you want.

Here's just a part St Stephen's Cathedral, Vienna. It might just have the most spectacular roof in the world, though a few in St Petersburg rival it.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 06:11:42 PM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9384 on: October 01, 2008, 06:14:00 PM »

was it tighty?

In the words of Tighty, "Pass".

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9385 on: October 01, 2008, 06:19:56 PM »

Reminders to self.....

Mother Hen

Rookie

TWPC

Chili

RedsDad

Stuff

The-Crow
~*v*~ (_)? ~*v*~

loves SkyPoker

View Profile
« Reply #9386 on: October 02, 2008, 12:53:25 AM »

Tell you What Uncle Tony

All these interviews show that no one plays on blonde very much.

Time for a board room meeting to explain the Bash money comes from Rake money

Rally the troops m8 get 'em playing on Blonde

don't let all this stuff scare ya.  its all a bit of fun
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #9387 on: October 02, 2008, 12:57:09 AM »

Here's just a part St Stephen's Cathedral, Vienna. It might just have the most spectacular roof in the world, though a few in St Petersburg rival it.

last time I was there they were doing some work, which prevented any decent photos :

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9388 on: October 02, 2008, 01:42:20 AM »

Tell you What Uncle Tony

All these interviews show that no one plays on blonde very much.

Time for a board room meeting to explain the Bash money comes from Rake money

Rally the troops m8 get 'em playing on Blonde

He speaks the truth. Sadly.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9389 on: October 02, 2008, 02:03:13 AM »

last time I was there they were doing some work, which prevented any decent photos :

Some roof, eh?

I believe it was almost destroyed completely by the retreating Germans, in '44 or '45, but has been beautifully restored. Should be on eveyone's "must see" list.

As should this - The Church of Spilled Blood (it has a variety of similar names, I'm not sure which one is correct) in St Petersburg. It's a stone's throw - literally - from the Winter Palace. No other city on earth as so many astounding buildings so close together. The white building (lower left) is, I think, the Defence Headquarters, which sits at the other side of the Square to the Winter Palace. The Winter Palace is also the "Hermitage", the world's best stocked Art Gallery, by a considerable margin. However much time you spend in St Petersburg is not enough. They have a KFC, too.

Imagine the Architects drawings for this, & what the Builder said when he saw them!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 02:07:00 AM by tikay » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 622 623 624 625 [626] 627 628 629 630 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: