blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 11:43:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272675 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 404367 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #825 on: August 19, 2016, 02:40:36 PM »

Pleasing to see Nacho signing a contract extension. Pep seems eager to work with him, that can only be a good thing. Fast forward to 2019 when Aguero moves back to Argentina (sadly he's stated this numerous times), our forward line should read Nacho, Sterling, Sane and Jesus (not seen the action but he had a storming game for Brazil last night apparently). These 4 will all be in the 22-25 bracket and a great age to help take the club forward.

It will be a very grim day when Aguero goes home, but good to see the club putting in the framework for life without him even at this early stage.

Joey Barton lol such a turnip.

Bold position on Sterling in 2019 - He might be a rotation option at Palace by then!

Haha I'd like to see what add ons Palace would offer us Wink

Early doors but if anyone can get the best out of him, it's Pep. He's been excellent in these 2 games so far, looks a different player, playing with confidence instead of looking like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders.

Tough test tomorrow at the midland inbreds though, shockingly the forecast is for wind. We can't play worse than we did at the Britannia last season, that's for sure. Will be happy with a point and to get this game out the way nice and early.

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #826 on: August 19, 2016, 03:11:23 PM »

Paul Merson advising Pep on how to play football. Cheers Merse, try not to drink drive again yeah?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/15205/10543045/pep-guardiolas-goalkeeper-plans-could-hurt-manchester-city-says-paul-merson

Best Bitter.
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #827 on: August 19, 2016, 09:33:31 PM »

Gold dust tickets for tomorrow, got my boy one so down the A50 with a prayer tomorrow for another 1

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #828 on: August 19, 2016, 10:30:07 PM »

Gold dust tickets for tomorrow, got my boy one so down the A50 with a prayer tomorrow for another 1

Nice one, hope you can snag one outside the ground.

If you decide to go in the home end, make sure you grow an extra finger first otherwise you'll be lit up like a Christmas tree.

Best Bitter.
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #829 on: August 19, 2016, 10:58:20 PM »

In with the blues behind Willy

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #830 on: August 19, 2016, 11:15:27 PM »

In with the blues behind Willy

Good stuff, enjoy!

Was in the Stoke end for the 2011 FA Cup final, most surreal 90 mins of my life! Not recommended Wink

Just the local for me tomorrow, should get at least a dozen other blues in there too. Hope the boys can keep up this football we are playing.

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #831 on: August 20, 2016, 10:16:35 AM »

Very impressed so far with what Pep seems to be doing.

Of all the new Managers & line ups this season, Pep seems to be a point of difference.  There's a real possibility they might just crush this season.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #832 on: August 20, 2016, 11:54:58 AM »

Very impressed so far with what Pep seems to be doing.

Of all the new Managers & line ups this season, Pep seems to be a point of difference.  There's a real possibility they might just crush this season.

Thanks for the bok, Tikay Wink

Best Bitter.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #833 on: August 20, 2016, 12:49:04 PM »

Pep's tactics are fascinating but WillyC does not convince me as I suspect he has a howler in him.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #834 on: August 20, 2016, 02:32:45 PM »

Pep's tactics are fascinating but WillyC does not convince me as I suspect he has a howler in him.

The team selection today is interesting .

With Willy C in the net the only outfield change from last season is Stones , most of the others were regulars and yet Pep has got them at it,  playing a high line game and pressing hard when not in possession.

Still to be convinced with some of the players  like Otamendi ,Kolarov, Navas but especially Sterling  who shows the odd moments of brilliance but seems like the sort of player that constantly needs kicking up the arse to perform.

Be interesting to see how they perform against bigger teams and if their head drops when/if they go behind.

Good Start so far though , Man City fans must be encouraged.
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #835 on: August 20, 2016, 03:41:09 PM »

Stones different Gravy, Willy needs his feet sorting out. 10 minutes at the end, “We got Guardiola" was immense. Obv passed the blue Army to the Tunnel and he lapped it up like a boss.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #836 on: August 20, 2016, 05:28:20 PM »

Great result and performance today.

As Fraser touched on, it was essentially the same personal as last season, when we were turned over spectacularly. Amazing what a change of manager can do. Every player putting in a shift, Pep accepts no passengers and this is why we'll probably never see Toure, Nasri and maybe Hart in a City shirt again. Sterling, Kolarov look like new signings.

Very exciting times lie ahead, I feel there is so much more this team can give, and we still have Kompany, Sane and Gundogan to come in when fit.

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #837 on: August 20, 2016, 05:36:16 PM »

Oh, and I thought our penalty was soft, but Stokes was beyond a joke. Simply laughable.

Best Bitter.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #838 on: August 21, 2016, 12:30:07 PM »

Is Silva's place in the team under threat from Nolito do you think? Or is Navas first to go should Nolito lock up a regular starting place? Silva has struggled to get involved from what I've seen of the first few games. Have only half watched games admittedly though. 

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #839 on: August 21, 2016, 12:47:33 PM »

enjoying what Pep seems to be bringing out of Sterling so quickly, i must say

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today