blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 11:36:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272682 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Markup??
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Markup??  (Read 13103 times)
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2013, 08:10:03 PM »

Sell at 1.0 unless you have evidence to back up being able to sell for more.

Disagree completely. Nobody have enough sample size to "prove" their value in anything live.

I didn't say proof was needed - just evidence. So e.g. in the EPT then for a lot of people they won't have played in that comp before. But acceptable evidence might be a good tournament result elsewhere such as maybe cashing in some GUKPTs or something.

So as you say you can just say "i'm selling at 1.5 - buy or don't buy, up to you." You're making that request with something to back it up. You've got your diary on here detailing games you've played, thoughts, etc. You've got previous results. So a staking request by you will automatically have those things backing it for most people in your case.

If someone completely unknown came on here and tried to sell at 1.5 then we'd quite rightly be asking for something to justify that price. If nothing was provided then no-one would buy.

Yeah but instead of asking him to justify don't buy imo. Always comes across as negative.

Auctions have there place but need a degree of market efficiency- which won't always exist.

JB I'd definitely consider 1.1-1.15 but much more and it becomes and I'll take 1% for the hero sweat but not what I might at 1.1

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2013, 08:19:52 PM »

Sell at 1.0 unless you have evidence to back up being able to sell for more.

Disagree completely. Nobody have enough sample size to "prove" their value in anything live.

I didn't say proof was needed - just evidence. So e.g. in the EPT then for a lot of people they won't have played in that comp before. But acceptable evidence might be a good tournament result elsewhere such as maybe cashing in some GUKPTs or something.

So as you say you can just say "i'm selling at 1.5 - buy or don't buy, up to you." You're making that request with something to back it up. You've got your diary on here detailing games you've played, thoughts, etc. You've got previous results. So a staking request by you will automatically have those things backing it for most people in your case.

If someone completely unknown came on here and tried to sell at 1.5 then we'd quite rightly be asking for something to justify that price. If nothing was provided then no-one would buy.

Yeah but instead of asking him to justify don't buy imo. Always comes across as negative.

Auctions have there place but need a degree of market efficiency- which won't always exist.

JB I'd definitely consider 1.1-1.15 but much more and it becomes and I'll take 1% for the hero sweat but not what I might at 1.1

Thanks, part of this is I don't want the "hero sweat" charity vote.

I am a poker player, working on his game to try and get to a good level.  I want to have 'earned' my markup, but also don't want to sell myself short because I travel with my job and therefore don't play every dtd500 for THM.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2013, 08:40:37 PM »

what do u think is fair mark up for you in whatever tournament you are talking about, Cork?

Of what I understand of markups...

In comparing myself to the average field in 'said event' i understand the UKIPT to be a heavily qualified online tournament, these tend to be 'softer'.  Couple that with it being in Ireland, where, I've been told, they love the game a lot but dont have as high a proportion of pros: recs as the UK.  (unconfirmed)

I would say I think I am somewhere between 1.1-1.2. But I am an overly confident ego-maniac who has little true statistical appreciation of my ROI in MTT poker.
Read - I think I know a lot, I dont.

For those that know me, what do they think of my 'finger in the air' guess?
With all due respect you are a breakeveb/marginal winner at micrO stakes playing in a buy in that you have no experience Of and you don't ever play tournaments,'online or live. On paper you would probably be -ev at 1.0.

Reality is a little different, if you think youre higher (judging on market value) then change yOur price to wte you think you stand compared to other recent requests. For example forthwhistle wte he sold at you probably should sell at a similar amount. If randomly somebody posts a thread with a similar track record/experience as you then you can change your price a little bit. No matter if you sell at 1.0 to 1.3 you will sell out because people always buy.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2013, 08:44:11 PM »

what do u think is fair mark up for you in whatever tournament you are talking about, Cork?

In comparing myself to the average field in 'said event' i understand the UKIPT to be a heavily qualified online tournament, these tend to be 'softer'.  Couple that with it being in Ireland, where, I've been told, they love the game a lot but dont have as high a proportion of pros: recs as the UK.  (unconfirmed)

I would say I think I am somewhere between 1.1-1.2. But I am an overly confident ego-maniac who has little true statistical appreciation of my ROI in MTT poker.

With all due respect you are a breakeveb/marginal winner at micrO stakes playing in a buy in that you have no experience Of and you don't ever play tournaments,'online or live. On paper you would probably be -ev at 1.0.

Reality is a little different, if you think youre higher (judging on market value) then change yOur price to wte you think you stand compared to other recent requests. For example forthwhistle wte he sold at you probably should sell at a similar amount. If randomly somebody posts a thread with a similar track record/experience as you then you can change your price a little bit. No matter if you sell at 1.0 to 1.3 you will sell out because people always buy.

Appreciate the honesty...

I have played 5 or 6 £500+ tourny's so far... which is clearly not a lot.  When it comes to the 'on paper' bit... that's the part I don't know how to quantify myself.  It's all opinions and guesses.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2013, 08:50:12 PM »

Like I said. Wte you sell at you'll sell out its not worth even thinking about. Youre asking for around 140/300 pound and have a v popular blog and some fans. You're not trying to shift 5k of me action

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2013, 08:52:56 PM »

Do an auction for sure, I'd be surprised if you don't hit 1.43/1.44 - somewhere around there - gl

sola virtus nobilitat
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2013, 08:54:30 PM »

Like I said. Wte you sell at you'll sell out its not worth even thinking about. Youre asking for around 140/300 pound and have a v popular blog and some fans. You're not trying to shift 5k of me action

I know mate, I'm not worried about selling.. I was more realising I have a lack of 'skill' in this area of my professionalism and wanted some advice/ details/ tips as to how other players and professionals go about it all....

So far, I've gathered....

We stick our favorite finger into our favourite hole, then hold up to the wind and see where it takes us.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Also, I'll be expecting you to lock up some %! Cheesy

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2013, 08:55:48 PM »

Do an auction for sure, I'd be surprised if you don't hit 1.43/1.44 - somewhere around there - gl

Want the truth?

If i'm not worth it, i dont want it.

I am working as hard as I can at crushing both my job and the pokers.... and I want what I earn, nothing more and nothing less.  I have had a really good and in some cases 'humbling' year, as part of that and the work I'm putting in... I just want to earn a few $$......

so much to ask?

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2013, 08:57:19 PM »

I nearly wrote at Pleno's last post

"lol, I think you misunderstand the man, I think JB needs to believe he's genuinely worth 1.25"

Wish I had :-)

sola virtus nobilitat
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2013, 09:01:52 PM »

I nearly wrote at Pleno's last post

"lol, I think you misunderstand the man, I think JB needs to believe he's genuinely worth 1.25"

Wish I had :-)

one less woosh and 'wins' is good for you is good for the game me thinks.

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2013, 04:34:42 AM »

be cool if someone who cba, was to work out the total ROI of the whole live staking board
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2013, 04:49:49 AM »

be cool if someone who cba, was to work out the total ROI of the whole live staking board

Ha, I might give this a go later in the week if I'm bored.only 11 pages, shouldn't take that long.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2013, 05:02:19 AM »

guess keys's bink gonna sway numbers a bit but i guess there have been heaps of near misses

can we also see claypole's staking ROI Wink
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 05:04:13 AM by action man » Logged
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2013, 05:34:04 AM »

guess keys's bink gonna sway numbers a bit but i guess there have been heaps of near misses

can we also see claypole's staking ROI Wink

I hear you can see the top of the graph with some binoculars

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2013, 05:55:58 AM »

In comparing myself to the average field in 'said event' i understand the UKIPT to be a heavily qualified online tournament, these tend to be 'softer'.  Couple that with it being in Ireland, where, I've been told, they love the game a lot but dont have as high a proportion of pros: recs as the UK.  (unconfirmed)

yeh i think the .1-.2 bit is about right

What would you ask for yourself in same comp to give some balance?

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: