blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 07:43:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272683 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Official partypoker UK Constructive Player Feedback (to Rob)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official partypoker UK Constructive Player Feedback (to Rob)  (Read 98087 times)
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2015, 11:54:38 AM »

As much as I think there is a demand for high stakes online tournaments a 30k guarantee on a Monday makes little sense to me. I think the best idea for a new high stakes comp would be a 720+50 with day 1s Friday and Saturday but maybe just Saturday for now. Either way Monday is easily the worst day of the week by a long way.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2015, 01:54:29 AM »

Hi,

Thought Id give the software a go over the last couple of weeks in the run up to the GP, and Ive finally came to the point I want to withdraw some funds and it won't let me. Ive tried multiple times to speak to their live chat, including a 45 minute wait whilst number 2 in the queue tonight being told my wait was 9 seconds to frustrate further.

Any ideas why I can't withdraw? Hesitant to continue using if there's a problem withdrawing.
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2015, 02:36:54 PM »

Thought I'd give the 10 cent ticket tourneys a go seeing as I've had quite a break from poker, only to find Russians, Romanians et al playing these tourneys.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong but what is the purpose of these guys playing in "our" tournaments?

I had hoped to be playing against club regulars who want to play live and all that, only to find the games being spoilt by idiots.

Not being funny, but if these tourneys are for the club, then make them UK only.

Or am I missing something?

These guys have no intention of going to the club, so why do they bother?

Fed up of it to be honest.
h

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2015, 03:10:41 PM »

Thought I'd give the 10 cent ticket tourneys a go seeing as I've had quite a break from poker, only to find Russians, Romanians et al playing these tourneys.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong but what is the purpose of these guys playing in "our" tournaments?

I had hoped to be playing against club regulars who want to play live and all that, only to find the games being spoilt by idiots.

Not being funny, but if these tourneys are for the club, then make them UK only.

Or am I missing something?

These guys have no intention of going to the club, so why do they bother?

Fed up of it to be honest.

I do not understand why you think this a problem the more the merrier surely
In what way are these games spoilt by idiots ?

Do not think you can assume these players will never go to club either although i guess most will not
you see quite a few Canadians playing too  now that is a long way to travel
These idiots  can use tokens won to play  and cash out in the daily majors or run them up to $550 tickets
In chat box  of $120 seen one  German player and one Polish player discussing  best use of saved up $550 tickets
So am sure some will come for the bigger festivals when  / if the idiots have enough $550 tickets
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2015, 03:39:26 PM »

Oh come on, no they won't turn up!

If they can use the tickets to play normal tourneys then that sux IMO.

May as well just call them ticket tourneys, rather than DTD tourneys.

I was hoping for DTD ticket tourneys to mean just that.....a way to get to play live at the club for very little, and to get more of us going more regular (like me who struggles to make it a lot of times)

The club likes to promote new/non regular people to turn up to the club etc, but it seems you get these foreign based players winning tickets yet doing nothing with regards to being at the club/taking the opportunities away from new/local players.

h

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2015, 03:44:32 PM »

I was hoping for DTD ticket tourneys to mean just that.....a way to get to play live at the club for very little, and to get more of us going more regular (like me who struggles to make it a lot of times)

The club likes to promote new/non regular people to turn up to the club etc, but it seems you get these foreign based players winning tickets yet doing nothing with regards to being at the club/taking the opportunities away from new/local players.

sorry was not suggesting tickets could be used to play normal tournaments
but the dtd micro and  mini dailys do have a part ticket part cash payout
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2015, 04:40:58 PM »

I guess the 550 sats to the 3.5k ticket havent been deployed yet?

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2015, 01:20:55 PM »

partypoker DTD Tab Online Satellites and Tournaments are currently in the process of being restricted to UK and Ireland players only. This included DTD Ticket sats. Minis and Micros and Online Day 1's.

The exception will be international events such as WPT.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2015, 01:27:17 PM »

I guess the 550 sats to the 3.5k ticket havent been deployed yet?

for the WPT in November?

My eyes are open wide
AlcaPwn

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2015, 04:39:24 PM »

Just had this email from PartyPoker

"As of today no fees will be charged for withdrawals on Visa, Mastercard, bank wire transactions Kalixa Pay, goplay prepaid, MasterCard and PayPal. However note that withdrawals made via Skrill, WebMoney and NetEller will still incur standard fees."

A step in the right direction.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2015, 12:49:23 PM »

OPINIONS NEEDED!

Dear DTD Members - there are 70,000 of you!

Join the DTD Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/1385555105105005/ - and post your personal view on TRACKING, HUD and SEATING SCRIPT SOFTWARES in online poker and I promise to print it off and give it directly to the partypoker Directors and Management.

Please use the thread on the DTD Forum so I can collate all in one place. many thanks to all that take the time to contribute.

Keep The Faith,
Rob

« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 10:31:34 AM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2015, 11:17:20 AM »

Because we were limited to one comment on the forum page and subsequent ones were deleted, I'd just like to take up a couple of gripes I had with that thread.

Firstly, I think it would be disastrous if Party Poker banned huds now. Most of the cash game traffic at 50nl and above seems to be regs multitabling, basically all of whom I would assume are using a HUD, and if they were suddenly banned then the traffic would become non-existent and everyone would move to another site. Party just isn't big enough to start a revolution like this, it has to be stars.

I have a problem with how the "pros" seem to be getting demonised in threads like this. Without regular players it would be very hard to find games in the first place for starters, and it's always going to be a fact that in games where it's possible to find an edge there are going to be people who hunt that edge for a living. Moreover, one of the overarching comments in that thread was how poker is not a "level playing field" because people can buy HUDs. Frankly, poker is already a ridiculously uneven playing field against the regs. There is no other game in the world where a complete random can sit down and play the best in the world and have as much of a chance of winning as you do in poker. The game is absolutely stacked against the people who work for it. It's outrageous that you can spend hours every single day slaving over making improvements to your play, sit down with a bunch of people from the pub and walk out as the big loser. It's even more outrageous, and beyond ignorant imo, that those same people feel like they are entitled to win, and feel like they can complain about the playing field being uneven when they lose. If poker was fair, they would lose every single time they sat down to the "pro". But they don't and for some ridiculous reason that's not enough. If you have a problem with losing all the time, GET BETTER.

There seems to be a real feeling on that thread too that HUDs somehow make you a better player just by having one, and that they can somehow tell you what cards people have. If I gave my mum a HUD and put her at a table she still wouldn't have a clue as to what's going on. HUDs help, don't get me wrong, but you've got to know how to use them. There's one reg I play with at the moment who's got a huge 4b stat, and I regularly see people 3b his button open because their hand is in their 3b range so they don't bother thinking about it, then get 4b, then look up his 4b stat and shit themselves because they don't want to jam 100bbs with a bad hand, get snapped off and look stupid and they don't want to fold because there's a good chance they're folding the best hand. So, they call and end up being heads up out of position in a bloated pot without the betting lead against a range that they have no clue how to define with hands like KJos that don't really flop that well and have some pretty horrific reverse implied odds. Just an example of how people can use stats from HUDs to play worse.

They're also not a secret, and this is a big part of this argument. Bunch of people on there are talking about "new players" being at a disadvantage because they don't know about HUDs, and this again is complete bullshit imo. If you google "online poker tips", the first option I clicked on which is like 5th or something on the list is this page https://www.cardschat.com/10-tips-for-winning-online-poker.php which explicitly recommends that people become familiar with HUDs. They are no secret, they are not expensive, there are extensive video tutorials on how to use and set them up, and they are readily and easily available. If you feel that not having a HUD puts you at a disadvantage, then it is a completely fair one, because you know they exist and you are choosing to not have one. Moreover this "new players" argument is a scapegoat for people who don't want to say "I don't like HUDs because people who win have them and I don't like people who win because I lose." The whole lot of those people really need to grow up and realise not only how pathetic the whole thing sounds but realise just how massively weighted the game already is in their favour.

End rant.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 01, 2015, 11:52:07 AM »

matt, i am going to cross post into the No HUDs thread too

thanks

My eyes are open wide
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2015, 07:50:14 PM »

Your post would make so much more sense without all the 'regs have it so bad' wah wah.

You literally cannot be serious.

Regs have had the best of it and been massively overvalued for years in poker in a way that makes it unsustainable, which most operators have realised far too late. If you're struggling with that statement: you pay the rake and get the rb but finance absolutely zero of it.

A call to arms for people who are sick of losing to GET BETTER? Really? The issue isn't that people who want to get better can't, it's that those who don't care but fancy a punt instead of their BTTS acca at the weekend want more of a level playing field. You cannot have poker as either a race to the bottom or a race to the top, it's a seesaw and it needs balancing and the regs have had the best of it for too long.

You don't have to understand why some people won't/can't use a HUD you just need to understand that poker needs those people and making the game like the krypton factor to get into doesn't help growth. You regs need more money in the funnel coming through to the bottom but absolute madness like this is yet another example of people cutting holes in the funnel and killing the game. The figures absolutely do not lie.
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2015, 12:22:47 PM »

That post wasn't a moan, it was basically just trying to evaluate the meaning of the word "fair". Fair, in a sporting/gaming context, is that the person who works hardest wins. In most sports and other games, this more often the case than it is in poker. I mean, I couldn't get 11 guys from down the pub together to play football against Barcelona and expect to have a chance in hell of winning. However, I could get 11 poker players from down the pub to sit down and play HU against 11 of the best players in the world, and some of them would win. That's just the nature of the game, and if I didn't like that I wouldn't play, but frankly I love it :p The problem I have is this perception that people seem to have that having a HUD gives the regs an unfair advantage, when in absolutely no way is any advantage that it does give unfair.

Define level playing field here. I have no stats on a rec when he sits down to play me for the first time. It could be Pleno for all I know, but I don't. Similarly they know nothing about me. HUD or no, when we sit down, what matters is the run of the cards and our own ability. If the guy I'm playing happens to very rarely play and know very little about the game, how can that playing field ever be level? Simply because I play a fair bit and study a fair bit, I have an advantage. But I've worked for it, and that's what makes it a fair advantage.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: