blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 07:03:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272716 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Worst pass of the year? QQ on undercard rainbow flop. Cmon rip me.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Worst pass of the year? QQ on undercard rainbow flop. Cmon rip me.  (Read 3287 times)
cooker3

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2007, 05:56:53 PM »

3 betting this and then folding is utterly horrible.
My standard line is calling min raise and seeing what happens on the turn.
But I don't mind getting it on the flop, it depends on your read. Question is how do you know he doesn't have JJ/TT here yet can have KK/AA. Has he taken this line before with Aces?
I think it's an awful line myself and really weird for a TAG but w/e.
I imagine your good here more then enough after the 2nd min raise and shove.

But lets assume your read is right and he always have an overpair and aces well then yes you should fold when he makes the 2nd min raise but if you feel he only plays back when your crushed like this then your raise is awful. You only get called/raised when behind and he folds all things you beat. The only time 3 betting and folding here would be good is if you had absolutely nothing, then I wouldn't mind it. You (assuming your read is right) have managed to turn QQ into a bluff, this is bad poker.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2007, 10:08:23 AM »

Yeah hand was butchered. Im over it now.
cooker3

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2007, 02:35:31 PM »

Sorry, just reading my reply over again. I was probably a bit overly harsh. I didn't want to come over like that
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2007, 04:25:31 PM »

Sorry, just reading my reply over again. I was probably a bit overly harsh. I didn't want to come over like that

Seriously, never worry about being harsh on here. I can take any criticism you can fire at me. I posted this hand not because of the hand as such but just to see how people generally think overpairs should be played to nit aggression, especially the min-raise and check min-raise. I certainly didnt post it because i think my line gets the most value off the majority of opponents most of the time. Generally i would fold to the min c/r or rr and be commited depending on opponent.

It seems the "standard" and conventional line is to call his minimum raise and then get the lot in on the turn, is this best you think cooker3?
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2007, 04:29:45 PM »

I don't 3 bet flop, call and check raise turn, opens his range a lot wider.

how i normally play it too. it would be a more obvious play if he didnt min rr u on flop. it gets him into more trouble in the long run

Also guys i cant CR turn. He's SB.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2007, 04:36:22 PM »

I don't 3 bet flop, call and check raise turn, opens his range a lot wider.

how i normally play it too. it would be a more obvious play if he didnt min rr u on flop. it gets him into more trouble in the long run

Also guys i cant CR turn. He's SB.

You could if you displayed some flair....

Even better then just pop his turn bet.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
cooker3

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2007, 05:40:03 PM »

Seriously, never worry about being harsh on here. I can take any criticism you can fire at me. I posted this hand not because of the hand as such but just to see how people generally think overpairs should be played to nit aggression, especially the min-raise and check min-raise. I certainly didnt post it because i think my line gets the most value off the majority of opponents most of the time. Generally i would fold to the min c/r or rr and be commited depending on opponent.

It seems the "standard" and conventional line is to call his minimum raise and then get the lot in on the turn, is this best you think cooker3?

Yeah, I generally think that is the better best line. There are times though when I would get it in on the flop or even fold on the turn if he was a big enough nit but the latter is especially rare.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: