blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 01:23:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272715 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1373 1374 1375 1376 [1377] 1378 1379 1380 1381 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2217249 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #20640 on: September 09, 2019, 11:20:14 PM »

Seeing some of the responses on Twitter, you've genuinely got to worry for the safety of politicians if a conclusion isn't forthcoming soon. Folk threatening violence, rape & so on.

Got to remember that Jo Cox was brutally murdered by a Brexit supporting loon. I can see something similar happening if nothing changes.

That is a little far-fetched Aaron.

Maybe it is - But if something similar happened again, would you be really surprised? Some of the twitter responses are awful.

Would you be equally unsurprised if a remoan loon did somethiing bonkers if we leave with no deal?

You're struggling again Arb. I haven't said any such act would be carried out by supporters of either leave or remain.

Another one.

Aarongry. Please, for the sake of proving you don't make it up as you go along, unsavoury as it may be prove that someone on Twitter posted that they would go and rape people, as you allude to, if Brexit doesn't take place.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20641 on: September 09, 2019, 11:25:45 PM »

Our parliamentary procedures, with their baying, howling, and cat calling, with no one allowed to speak without being shouted down is a total disgrace.

I'm ashamed to be represented in this way. If a class of primary school children behaved as badly we would be appalled.

They are making Britain a laughing stock. Shame on the lot of them.

The older I get, the better I was.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #20642 on: September 10, 2019, 12:14:09 AM »

Seeing some of the responses on Twitter, you've genuinely got to worry for the safety of politicians if a conclusion isn't forthcoming soon. Folk threatening violence, rape & so on.

Got to remember that Jo Cox was brutally murdered by a Brexit supporting loon. I can see something similar happening if nothing changes.

Maybe it is - But if something similar happened again, would you be really surprised? Some of the twitter responses are awful.

Would you be equally unsurprised if a remoan loon did somethiing bonkers if we leave with no deal?

You're struggling again Arb. I haven't said any such act would be carried out by supporters of either leave or remain.

Another one.

Aarongry. Please, for the sake of proving you don't make it up as you go along, unsavoury as it may be prove that someone on Twitter posted that they would go and rape people, as you allude to, if Brexit doesn't take place.

Ah, you’re struggling just as much as Arb, didn’t think it was possible. Just to try and help you out, I haven’t made claim to any such incident being from any such person with a political alliance.

You can read Twitter - all the comments are there to be seen. I’ll help you a little more, that it’s from both sides. A politician in the commons has just stated that they’re receiving death threats via social media.

If you need any more assistance, I’m happy to help.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #20643 on: September 10, 2019, 07:38:16 AM »

Thanks to Doobs for the post on austerity.

Kuku has been banging the “austerity is the root of all devil” drum for months.

The logic and rationale from Doobs blows that blinkered view out of the water.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #20644 on: September 10, 2019, 07:49:26 AM »

It's twitter - those kinds of threats happen all the time, especially to women in the public eye.

This is why you occasionally get some people hyperventilating over the fact that the police are trying to prosecute someone because they wrote something on twitter - because occasionally they decide that something is a real threat as opposed to the multitude of threats which are essentially just trolls.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #20645 on: September 10, 2019, 07:51:13 AM »

It’s the stupid ‘the government is killing people’ momentum language bollocks that is the worst.

We should shove him on a plane to North Korea or Syria so he can find out what that really means.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #20646 on: September 10, 2019, 08:00:37 AM »

Good morning

I think he correctly pointed points to uncertainties and he provided another timely reminder to screen for bias even in studies by the BMJ and IPPR. He didn’t blow much out of the water though. Sustained lack of investment in health and social care is still absolutely the prime likely cause on those deaths. The situation will become clearer in time, I have plenty of patience.

We have discussed this one at length before of course, just think how much of a stretch it is to say that reduced investment in health and social care won’t result in additional deaths. There can’t be many things that would have a more obviously correlated relationship.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #20647 on: September 10, 2019, 08:07:51 AM »

It’s the stupid ‘the government is killing people’ momentum language bollocks that is the worst.

We should shove him on a plane to North Korea or Syria so he can find out what that really means.

Morning

Addressing the problems in our country is fine tuning compared to addressing the problems in those countries. I don’t think that means we should be any less inclined to do it though. Syria is a stretch atm but I’d like to visit North Korea and Iran.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #20648 on: September 10, 2019, 08:12:21 AM »

Morning

Addressing the problems in our country is fine tuning compared to addressing the problems in those countries. I don’t think that means we should be any less inclined to do it though. Syria is a stretch atm but I’d like to visit North Korea and Iran.

Cool, I’m sure we can arrange to get your head chopped off 
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #20649 on: September 10, 2019, 08:12:43 AM »

Good morning

I think he correctly pointed points to uncertainties and he provided another timely reminder to screen for bias even in studies by the BMJ and IPPR. He didn’t blow much out of the water though. Sustained lack of investment in health and social care is still absolutely the prime likely cause on those deaths. The situation will become clearer in time, I have plenty of patience.

We have discussed this one at length before of course, just think how much of a stretch it is to say that reduced investment in health and social care won’t result in additional deaths. There can’t be many things that would have a more obviously correlated relationship.

Everyone. I think it is time we moved on from this particular debate about proving austerity has caused hundreds of thousands of deaths, as it is now obvious to us all the Kuku clearly doesn't understand. Wink Wink Grin

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #20650 on: September 10, 2019, 08:25:06 AM »

Good morning

Everyone. I think it is time we moved on from this particular debate about proving austerity has caused hundreds of thousands of deaths, as it is now obvious to us all the Kuku clearly doesn't understand. Wink Wink Grin

For sure, it can go back to the back burner, while we wait for more data to become available. I owe you an apology for the way in which I discussed it with you as well.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #20651 on: September 10, 2019, 08:32:12 AM »

Good morning

For sure, it can go back to the back burner, while we wait for more data to become available. I owe you an apology for the way in which I discussed it with you as well.

I guess a small qualifier on the apology, we were/still are mostly talking at cross purposes on that subject and it seems nearly all others. That’s no excuse for me to be a prick about it, so I’m happy to apologise.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #20652 on: September 10, 2019, 08:33:19 AM »

Morning

Cool, I’m sure we can arrange to get your head chopped off 

I think they’d like me, no alcohol in Iran though 😔.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #20653 on: September 10, 2019, 08:34:34 AM »

Good morning

I guess a small qualifier on the apology, we were/still are mostly talking at cross purposes on that subject and it seems nearly all others. That’s no excuse for me to be a prick about it, so I’m happy to apologise.

And I am happy to accept.

Now lets get on with disagreeing but in a nice way please! Grin

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #20654 on: September 10, 2019, 08:37:19 AM »

Another one.

Ah, you’re struggling just as much as Arb, didn’t think it was possible. Just to try and help you out, I haven’t made claim to any such incident being from any such person with a political alliance.

You can read Twitter - all the comments are there to be seen. I’ll help you a little more, that it’s from both sides. A politician in the commons has just stated that they’re receiving death threats via social media.

If you need any more assistance, I’m happy to help.

So you can't post one example?

Just to prove your point, not one?

I am not on twitter, this is more than enough social m for me.

So please, if they are everywhere, just post one.....please.

Prove your point or stop making up such ridiculousness.

Pages: 1 ... 1373 1374 1375 1376 [1377] 1378 1379 1380 1381 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: