blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 03:35:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272672 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  General Fighting thread
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General Fighting thread  (Read 162348 times)
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 24, 2007, 08:36:57 PM »

Does Kimbo ever get beat in one of his streetfights?

Gannon ruined him
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 24, 2007, 11:47:07 PM »

Kimbo would destroy Gannon now imo.  Kimbo is scheduled to fight Tank Abbot in October - ridiculous fight for Kimbo to take, it'll prove nothing when he knocks him out in the 1st round. 
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 25, 2007, 01:08:45 PM »

Gannon ruined him

no he didn't both were exhausted and throwing wild unaimed punches long after they'd run out of gas. could have gone either way.

Gannon got destroyed in the cage against Brandon Lee Hinkle, who hasn't himself had another UFC win. At the time of the Gannon / Kimbo fight, the same would have happened to Kimbo but he seems to have worked very hard and has some skill. next month Kimbo only has to avoid Tanks bombs for a minute, then it'll be easy for him. 5 years ago Tank would have made light work of an unskilled kimbo or gannon.

I think Scott's right to say Kimbo would walk through gannon now.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 25, 2007, 01:43:34 PM »

Gannon ruined him

Excellent interpretation of the fight
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 25, 2007, 06:25:55 PM »

Gannon ruined him

no he didn't both were exhausted and throwing wild unaimed punches long after they'd run out of gas. could have gone either way.

Gannon got destroyed in the cage against Brandon Lee Hinkle, who hasn't himself had another UFC win. At the time of the Gannon / Kimbo fight, the same would have happened to Kimbo but he seems to have worked very hard and has some skill. next month Kimbo only has to avoid Tanks bombs for a minute, then it'll be easy for him. 5 years ago Tank would have made light work of an unskilled kimbo or gannon.

I think Scott's right to say Kimbo would walk through gannon now.

Gannon kept laying him out, although kimbo got some good shots in Gannon dominated the whole of that fight
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 25, 2007, 06:37:28 PM »

the kimbo / gannon fight was brutal, unskilled and neither did anything that'd get them through a cage fight.
Gannon proved that by getting destroyed by Brandon Lee Hinkle and, to my suprise, Kimbo showed it in the improvement he made for his cage fight against Ray Mercer.
Benny Brox

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 25, 2007, 07:05:30 PM »

the kimbo / gannon fight was brutal, unskilled and neither did anything that'd get them through a cage fight.
Gannon proved that by getting destroyed by Brandon Lee Hinkle and, to my suprise, Kimbo showed it in the improvement he made for his cage fight against Ray Mercer.

The UFC when Gannon fought Hinkle was the first UFC DVD I bought ever, it was a terrible show. First fight got cancelled due to a low blow, the second one had two guys who punched while stepping back. Griffin fought Sinosic (terrible fighter, terrible match) and Arlovski knocked out Buentello in 20 seconds!! Well worth my money, not!

Saw on YouTube, Kimbo called out Tank after the Mercer fight and Tank was adamant they take it to the car park right there, proper nutjob! Kimbo done quite well to not get wound up. It would be a shocking fight if it was put together, it would be just for the freak show element, both would gas in under 30 seconds and one would ground and pound the other out. Would be much like the Kimo Sapp fight in Pride.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 25, 2007, 11:25:30 PM »

Jardine definitely won rounds 2 & 3 so deserved the decision. bit of a worry for me with Liddell. He hits so hard that most of his opponents over recent years have gone for the takedown. Liddell has got really good at sprawling to stop the take down but he's become a total counter puncher and he's stopped kicking and clinching to avoid takedowns. the guy can wrestle and also has some Ju-Jitsu but he's so determined to stay on his feet and bang, he doesn't seem to have a plan B. The Lightheavy weight division is packed with talent and Chuck could get left behind.

My tip came good again. I got on Forrest Griffin at 3/1 to beat Mauricio Rua. These ring fighters keep coming across and getting their asses kicked in the cage. Griffin was bigger and stronger and by the end of round one has axhausted Rua and, to a degree himself. the Gash on his forehead in round 2 was a really bad one and would have ended a boxing match. for the rest of the fight he pounded on Rua and thoroughly deserved the win.

The Sanchez / Fitch fight was very technical. Sanchez must have throw two dozen good submision attemts, any of which could have finished the fight. As it was, Fitch managed to resist them all and grind out a win.

The opener, Tyson Griffin v Tavares was a cracking technical fight. Tyson Griffin will get a few pennies on him next time he fights

next big event is October 8th and Tim Sylvia is STILL trading at better than evens against Brandon Vera. Definitely worth a bet. I have him a big favourite in this fight.

Anderson Silva is a good favourite over Rich Franklin but unfortunately thats reflected in the odds
Have had some on Tim Sylvia, will prob trade it nearer the time
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 26, 2007, 02:24:43 AM »

It would be a shocking fight if it was put together, it would be just for the freak show element, both would gas in under 30 seconds and one would ground and pound the other out..

It has been put together, October 13th iirc.  Kimbo won't gas early, Tank will.  Kimbo to win 1t round.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 26, 2007, 01:29:19 PM »

The UFC when Gannon fought Hinkle was the first UFC DVD I bought ever, it was a terrible show. First fight got cancelled due to a low blow, the second one had two guys who punched while stepping back. Griffin fought Sinosic (terrible fighter, terrible match) and Arlovski knocked out Buentello in 20 seconds!! Well worth my money, not!

didn't see the card at the time but I've seen the griffin / sinosic and Arlovski / buentello fights. Arlovski was unbeatable at the time and was nailed on to win that fight quick

Griffin or Sinosic terrible fighter? I guess you mean sinosic? I disagree. at the time he was not a full time fighter and usually travelled from Aus to fight at short notice. he's actually a pretty gifted submission fighter and a cracking guy. he's never going to worry the best in the 205 class but he's always a tough test. I actually thought he was beating Griffin comfortably until the KO.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 26, 2007, 01:57:21 PM »

Tim Silvia at 2.3 now.

holding back from lumping on. already on at evens but if it goes past 2.5 I'm gonna have to get more on
Benny Brox

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 26, 2007, 07:26:10 PM »

didn't see the card at the time but I've seen the griffin / sinosic and Arlovski / buentello fights. Arlovski was unbeatable at the time and was nailed on to win that fight quick

Griffin or Sinosic terrible fighter? I guess you mean sinosic? I disagree. at the time he was not a full time fighter and usually travelled from Aus to fight at short notice. he's actually a pretty gifted submission fighter and a cracking guy. he's never going to worry the best in the 205 class but he's always a tough test. I actually thought he was beating Griffin comfortably until the KO.

I meant Sinosic, every fight I've saw of his he's been well beaten, and his record of 8-9-2 isn't what you would call world class. He does seem like a decent bloke though and he's willing to fight anyone, anywhere, anytime.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 26, 2007, 07:41:51 PM »

like I said in the Boxing meets MMA thread, anyone who steps through the ropes / cage door deserves a great deal of respect. Sinosic is a long way from the top of the pile in the UFC but believe me when I say, that still puts him head and shoulders above fighters from all other cage fighting associations, let alone joe public.

Like in boxing, you need the journeyman fighters for up and coming superstars to earn their stripes with. Sinosic is one of those servants of the sport.

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 16, 2007, 11:38:15 AM »

Tim Sylvia is STILL trading at better than evens against Brandon Vera. Definitely worth a bet. I have him a big favourite in this fight.

just watched the warm up show they seemed to be bigging up Vera as the favourite, maybe that's just to hype the fight up?
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 16, 2007, 01:23:58 PM »

I'm not under estimating Vera. he's a decent prospect for the future, although probably at light heavyweight rather than heavyweight.
People underestimate Sylvia and I'm not entirely sure why. He's 6'8" and as a result looks pretty sloppy and cumbersome when he fights but he's a huge, powerful man and Vera is an undersized heavyweight.

I think alot of the issue is that Vera beat Frank Mir not long ago. for those that don't know, Mir was the heavyweigh champ a few years ago and was the UFC golden boy. He is a top Ju Jitsu guy and snapped Sylvias arm in a title defence, then went and had a serious motorbike accident. He's never really recovered and Vera beat him recently. UFC pundits and fans still hero worship Mir so if Vera beat him, it MUST be Vera > Mir > Sylvia.

personally I think Vera will try and stand with Sylvia because he saw Randy Couture do it successfuly last year. Vera may think he's the same class of fighter as Couture but I don't think he is, and I doubt Sylvia does either.

Sylvia TKO 1st / 2nd

In the main even I see Anderson Silva beating Rich Franklin again. Franklin has showed he's a class above the rest of the middleweight division in his fights since his big loss to Silva, but I also don't think he's shown anything that's going to overturn the total domination enjoyed by Silva last time.

Silva TKO 2nd / 3rd
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 64 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: