blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 02:56:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272672 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  General Fighting thread
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General Fighting thread  (Read 162348 times)
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: October 15, 2008, 11:06:55 PM »

Jardine to beat Vera on Saturday - 6/4
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 15, 2008, 11:55:22 PM »

not sure it will be that easy tho

Jardine, blows hot and cold at times (Houston Alexander / Chuck Liddell)

Vera just stepped down a weight class, and looks much leaner, faster and sharper

I think its a 50/50 fight, so ill be backing the value at 6/4

Click to see full-size image.

Last Man Standing 2 - Champion!!               The Shrewdie's!!
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 16, 2008, 10:02:24 AM »

Vera just stepped down a weight class, and looks much leaner, faster and sharper

Vera was very unimpressive in his first fight at LHW, so definate value in Jardine here.
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: October 18, 2008, 01:52:43 PM »

Vera was very unimpressive in his first fight at LHW, so definate value in Jardine here.
Apparently Vera is walking around at fighting weight and wont need to cut so he will be stronger going into the fight.  I hear he has been preparing slightly better than Jardine too, has been in the UK for over a eek, Jardine flew in last minute.

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 21, 2008, 11:32:48 AM »

went with the value as i said, and lumped on Jardine, @ 2.58, with betfair

I was really struggling to call it, even as the fighter stood awaiting the duges score card, i wouldn't have complained with Vera won it TBH

.....But the Dean of Mean did me a turn in the end and i scooped the Money!

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #515 on: October 21, 2008, 11:35:32 AM »

was a tough call..i thought Vera had nicked it but it was certainly close.

thought Bisping approached his fight with a predetermined game plan and executed it well....a very very good win.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: October 21, 2008, 12:24:46 PM »

thought Bisping approached his fight with a predetermined game plan and executed it well....a very very good win.

Spot on Booder....

I was at UFC 85 in London with my cousin, and witnessed first hand the way he usually fights in England with the crowd etc. He was just a total manaic, with little game plan except destroy as quick and possble!

However this time, he stayed away from Leben as much as possible, and picked his spots, i wondered how Leben would react to this as all the hype suggested he's changed, he's a lot calmer and suggests this wouldn't frustrate him....however i think by the end of the 2nd round it was plain to see Leben was losing his nerve and patience. Kust looking at the two fighters at the end it was plain to see who the victor was.

.......Still think Bisping is in the UFC at the right time tho, he clearly had his ass kicked my Matt Hammell, and the judges threw the decision in favour of the Token British Golden Boy. The UFC is already massive in the States, needing little further promotion other than what is already in place, however, its plain to see that Dana and the Fertitta Brothers are desperate to push the UFC oversea's. This is even more evident in the up coming Ultimate Fighter series, where they are deviding the teams into 'Team USA v Team UK'

The wheels would defo have come flying of the UK Promotional Wagon, if the Golden Boy Bisping had lost before he had even started his rise up the rankings, Hence the Matt hamell Decision!

........I do like the guy tho, Very Likeable and Funny dude (Watch the Bravo documentary on Bisping, from when he won T.U.F.)

Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 21, 2008, 12:27:26 PM »

As for UFC90:
Cant really find value in any of the bouts (Not looked at the pre bouts, as i like to watch my bets)

1/ Silva v Cote: Silva should easy destroy Cote, and priced @ 1.16 is a fair refection, although not good enough for my level of stakes

2/ Alves v Koscheck: Alves should just edge this on with Koscheck, but will be a tough test for him, odds of 1.78 are slightly too short for me, id be looking for 1.9-2.0 for him, might bet him, if he creeps up to around 1.85

3/ Clementi v Maynard: We haven't seen much of Maynard, but what we did see is he was one of the strongest in the house to win the contract, and is still as yet, undefeated. Clementi has a tonne of experience, however has lost 12 fights in his career and is older than Maynard.......ill take Maynard with Age on his side, however @ 1.37, is not good enough!

4/ Fabricio Werdum Vs. Junior Dos Santos: Don't know anything about os Santos, but do know Werdum, is a good solid Heavywieght with good experience, and some good victories over top fighters...... fancy Werdum in this one but @ 1.15, is shocking price, considering i know nothing about Dos Santos

5/ Sean Sherk Vs. Tyson Griffin: Just as the Main event, this is a no context for me. Sean Sherk will rip Griffin apart! Priced at 1.5, this is probably the best valued fight on the card, won't be putting my Money on it tho

Wont be backing anything in this card TBH, i think you need to be willing to place £100+ to see a half decent return for your money
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 12:35:15 PM by Scottish Dave » Logged

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #518 on: October 21, 2008, 12:27:45 PM »

.......Still think Bisping is in the UFC at the right time tho, he clearly had his ass kicked my Matt Hammell, and the judges threw the decision in favour of the Token British Golden Boy.

totally agree but that decision compensates for the loss he suffered against Evans when he clearly won

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 21, 2008, 12:28:34 PM »

ship
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: October 21, 2008, 12:41:10 PM »

.......Still think Bisping is in the UFC at the right time tho, he clearly had his ass kicked my Matt Hammell, and the judges threw the decision in favour of the Token British Golden Boy.

totally agree but that decision compensates for the loss he suffered against Evans when he clearly won

True mate, could be that was Bisping tasting the other edge of the UFC Promotional sword, with regards Evens rise to title shot?Huh?

As Dana always says, 'Never leave it to the judges Dana and the Fretitta Bothers'

You Decide ??

scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: October 21, 2008, 12:46:40 PM »

Does anyone know where I can watch all of this season's TUF online?
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: October 21, 2008, 01:11:37 PM »

Not sure, but you can down load all the episodes Torrent Files, if you know how, ill PM you incase it gets deleted

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: October 21, 2008, 01:19:04 PM »

http://www.ninjavideo.net/cat/1115
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: October 21, 2008, 02:03:28 PM »

http://www.ninjavideo.net/cat/1115

lol, thanks mate - searched ninja and couldn't see it!
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 64 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: