blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 10:07:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272657 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  From a generic Degree to a leading Poker Practitioner
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: From a generic Degree to a leading Poker Practitioner  (Read 72754 times)
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: September 15, 2014, 06:42:34 PM »

Ul gilly, losing to tomsom must be seriously hard work.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
sunny1

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 13, 2014, 08:59:08 AM »

rofl theprawnidentity   
VBlue

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 14, 2014, 09:53:21 AM »

In regards to work I'm still hoping to find that dream part time gig which can give me a little more financial stability. This week I've written 3 strategy articles on behalf of 888 aimed at beginners/intermediates so hopefully they take a shining to that along with my punctuality and this becomes a more regular gig as supposed to writing something biweekly then chasing them up for more work.
I'm doing some content writing for 888.  Started off writing beginner/intermediate strategy and now mainly doing web content.

Work is sporadic.  May get 10-20 articles one month, then nothing for two.  Haven't payed me this month.

JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 02, 2014, 01:00:36 AM »

I'd like to think of it as character building, although makes me reconsider what I do on a daily basis.

@VBlue interesting, I also wasn't paid during that month after having been paid constantly previous months. Now they are leaving me hanging on upcoming articles, may be getting grimmed since payment is now 2 months late.

JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 02, 2014, 01:36:50 AM »

Heaaaaat

After a 6 month/600 BI downswing I managed to claw myself out of the hole and turn a profit at the weekend finding 2nd in the .fr €50 WarmUp and winning a 8r 12.5k on stars the following day. In hindsight as well as running ridic bad I think I added to things by auto piloting, I don't think it's a huge coincidence my last downswing came snap after winning the Double Deuce on FT. I feel I felt financially secure for a while, let that seep into play by becoming a little clicky and giving games about 90% attention when grinding, before I knew it I needed the money but was a long way from being in a position to get some.
I have made a number of poor financial decisions in the past after having won decent amounts, this being the worst one as 1/2 months of auto piloting a little more than usual ended up in a 6 month knock on effect, something I will focus on this time round and ensure won't occur again. There should be no full sense of security in online MTTs as spending a month or two without working a chunk on your game can easily turn you from a winning reg into a fishreg, despite continuing to do the same things which may have been successful in the past.

gg .fr Sad

Sunday sees my final ever grind on .fr/Winamax which is really frustrating as the two combined made up about 20-40% of my volume on a daily basis. This means I'm scurrying about trying to find new sites to grind, and despite ipoker being pretty unfriendly with the software I use it looks like I will have to add that back in with an additional site or two, certainly not thrilled. However game selection is pretty key so there should be a good amount of v profitable games in comparison to Stars about, potentially a blessing in disguise.

VBlue

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 03, 2014, 09:39:04 AM »

I'd like to think of it as character building, although makes me reconsider what I do on a daily basis.

@VBlue interesting, I also wasn't paid during that month after having been paid constantly previous months. Now they are leaving me hanging on upcoming articles, may be getting grimmed since payment is now 2 months late.
Got paid a month late.  My content editor is always very helpful.  The finance department are poor though.  They sent my copy invoice back saying it was actually due to be paid November, despite being submitted correctly and on time prior to end of September for 30 day net payment terms. No apology or admittance of their error.  Hope my bank charges don't get levied and I transferred some other money into my account in time.  I'll be very pissed at 888 otherwise.
DrDreh
RehK47

The Rehfish

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 03, 2014, 11:33:04 AM »

a law student at nottingham university, rehman is indeed terrible
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 20, 2014, 04:02:50 PM »

Started up a blog again, this time on twoplustwo. After crashing and failing numerous times with blogs I'm going to ensure I update after each session I play, will do a pads and post the same here as I do there.

Cliffs to date:

> Late 2013: really average reg (probably) running above EV;

> Early 2014: embarked on my first (serious) backing deal for Low stake MTT's in a great stable;

> Summer 2014: Mid 500 BI downswing* moved to new stable primarily ran by Patrick Leonard (pads1161);

> October 2014: Came out the other side and gradually moved up to midstakes in time for the end of 2014.

*Note graph doesn't show true downswing as new stable had to purchase all vpp's earnt across sites.

Whilst most regs probably claim stuff like this, I legit believe I'm one of the hardest workers in the game. For pretty much all year I've grinded 6 days a week, if not at the very least 5 days a week with regular reviews (Sharkscope suggest I've played 321 days this year to date). I've had rollercoaster highs and lows, which I feel have improved my attitude towards the game.

The aim is to be in highstakes at some point next year, it's hard to put a date on it because downswings happen but if I can get there by the end of the Summer I will be really happy.

During downswings the one thing that kept me really motivated were the Pocketfives rankings. Whilst I know it obviously doesn't measure true ability and profit/loss it does show who some of the toughest grinders are, something I aspire to be in the future. I am currently ranked #802 there, looking to improve on that as time goes by. I haven't got a set $x of profit I aim for as downswing and upswings are obv pretty heavy in MTT's so it's very difficult to work towards a specific pie in the sky figure.

As mentioned previously I will post moans and wins at the end of every session. Leans are always encouraged.

Story of the year:

theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 22, 2014, 05:32:44 AM »

LEANNNNNNNN
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 22, 2014, 03:25:04 PM »

Had a really rough couple of days, got to the doctors due to foot pain and have been told I have gout. Really struggle to walk and gives me shooting pains on the reg, meaning I had to skip yesterday despite double vision looking incred as I would have played at about 20% focus.

Having got given stronger painkillers today however I'm probs going to chance a session.

JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 24, 2014, 12:51:58 PM »

Played sessions both yesterday and on the 22nd. Huge brick on the 22nd no runs to report.

Yesterday pre session did a review with thebigdog09 and ambler. thebigdog09 has very similar ideas to me since he as good as brought me up from being a fish reg to a solid reg, so I have his way of thinking installed in my brain so to speak. Ambler has a pretty different style to the two of us, so was really good to get an outside point of view on lines and general strat when deep.

Managed to FT bubble the $55 super stack on tilt, myth of a comp but plays really nice. Then got to the FT of the $55 10k on party with thebigdog09, both got mowed down by some aggy bro who found queens vs him, and found the ol 56o vs my aces where he 3bets huge pre, we peel and he eyeballs the 1043r flop, seeya. 6th for $600 along with some other decent mincashes made it a fairly deece night.

Taking time off over the xmas period before I get grinding again on the 27th, hopefully feeling refreshed. Managed to move up to 651st on Pocketfives which is a nice christmas bonus, thanks to the luckbox win in the Hot $16.50 a week ago. heaaaaaaat

JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 29, 2014, 04:46:17 AM »

After a really awful Saturday I geared up for a Sunday, hope for a change in fortunes.

Early doors seemed to be getting to the stage where a flip guarantees either getting ITM with a solid stack or bubbling, unfortunately it was 4/4 for the latter in a couple of ipoker mtt's, the Sunday Warmup and the Big $75, all pretty close to the top of my buyin range.

However managed to find a cash in the B109 and grind through the field. F2T's were absurdly tough, couple of regs + giraf and robtinnion of pocarr. Missed a 5b jam spot vs tinnion which is annoying, then busted with a lean where I felt like i could fold out most pair and Jx combos:

http://weaktight.com/7265216

This meant I finished 14th for about $1.8k. However during this I had abso chunks in the Sky Poker ME. they had their series on so flicked in the £100 £40k (much love for Ambler alerting me to it mid session). Everything went smoothly bar one awful lean 4 handed, had the CL from <18 players and didnt give it up once.

The payouts were outrageous, 1st getting £10k, 2nd getting £5.8k with rly small jumps below. However I won't be complaining having found the win, equating to a $18k payout.

Rly sick end of the year finally meaning I'm in lifetime profit of over $100k, almost $80k of that coming this year alone. Tomorrow will be my last grind of the year before having new years off (Mondays are probs my favourite day)

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 29, 2014, 07:24:45 AM »

Well done on the year Jon and glgl with 2015!!

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 29, 2014, 10:24:18 AM »

"Jonathan Gill

Just shipped the Sky Poker UKOPS ME for a little over £10k, oioiiiii"

well done JG

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
cambridgealex