blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 01:57:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272716 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Paedophile Hunter.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Paedophile Hunter.  (Read 12317 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 02, 2014, 09:18:49 PM »

Obviously a different thing, but with 1 in 4 women being victims of domestic violence and many from sexual assault, how many men who you sit alongside at the poker table beat their wives and girlfriends.  A frighteningly high number.

Don't know why the focus is always on women, the figure is not far from that for blokes also.

The figures are VERY different.  The 1 in 4 women and 1 in 6 for men doesn't include the frequency or severity of the violence.  A woman is killed every three days as a result of domestic violence.  How many men?  How many men are raped by their partners on a regular basis.

Did you know that on average women only contact the police after they have been assaulted over 30 times?

That's why the focus is on women being the victims, because a massive percentage of the time, they are.

Blokes still get forgotten about a lot of the time though, they deserve a fair shout too. You seem like an equal opportunities type of bloke, if the  issue is going to be raised I don't see why it can't be for blokes and women to be fair.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: October 02, 2014, 09:44:49 PM »

Obviously a different thing, but with 1 in 4 women being victims of domestic violence and many from sexual assault, how many men who you sit alongside at the poker table beat their wives and girlfriends.  A frighteningly high number.

Don't know why the focus is always on women, the figure is not far from that for blokes also.

The figures are VERY different.  The 1 in 4 women and 1 in 6 for men doesn't include the frequency or severity of the violence.  A woman is killed every three days as a result of domestic violence.  How many men?  How many men are raped by their partners on a regular basis.

Did you know that on average women only contact the police after they have been assaulted over 30 times?

That's why the focus is on women being the victims, because a massive percentage of the time, they are.

Blokes still get forgotten about a lot of the time though, they deserve a fair shout too. You seem like an equal opportunities type of bloke, if the  issue is going to be raised I don't see why it can't be for blokes and women to be fair.

Of course domestic violence against anyone is a bad thing.  But the vast majority of those who are victims of domestic violence are women, and the vast majority of the perpetrators are men.  Here are some more stats:

-  2 women are killed every week in England and Wales by a current or former partner (Homicide Statistics, 1998) - 1 woman killed every 3 days

-  1 in 4 women experience domestic violence over their lifetimes and between 6-10% of women suffer domestic violence in a given year (Council of Europe, 2002)

-  Domestic violence has a higher rate of repeat victimisation than any other crime (Home Office, July 2002)

-  Every minute police in the UK receive a domestic assistance call – yet only 35% of domestic violence incidents are reported to the police (Stanko, 2000 & Home Office, 2002)

-  The 2001/02 British Crime Survey (BCS) found that there were an estimated 635,000 incidents of domestic violence in England and Wales. 81% of the victims were women and 19% were men. Domestic violence incidents also made up nearly 22% of all violent incidents reported by participants in the BCS (Home Office, July 2002)

-  On average, a woman is assaulted 35 times before her first call to the police (Jaffe, 1982)

The stats from the BCS massively understate the number of incidents of domestic violence as well. A woman who is beaten on a daily basis and eventually reports the crime is marked on the survey as one incident.

Also, like I said, many women are victims of rape and sexual assault from their partners.  Would you agree it's right to focus on women being the victims of rape?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 02, 2014, 09:50:32 PM »

Not really, what about gay rape on blokes too in the spirit of being inclusive?
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: October 02, 2014, 09:55:37 PM »

Now you're just being silly.  We're talking about domestic violence and rape by partners - I'd be surprised if there's any significant amount of rape between gay partners.  With all your comments it does make you sound very much like a misogynist. Don't you think that women need/deserve the focus in this area to help protect them and prevent the vast majority of domestic abuse crimes?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 02, 2014, 09:56:39 PM »

Now you're just being silly.  We're talking about domestic violence and rape by partners.  With all your comments it does make you sound very much like a misogynist. Don't you think that women need/deserve the focus in this area to help protect them and prevent the vast majority of domestic abuse crimes?

I find the 1 in 4 ratio incredibly high.  What is the minimum classification of domestic violence?  I have been slapped around the face by previous gf's is that domestic violence?
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: October 02, 2014, 09:58:49 PM »

Now you're just being silly.  We're talking about domestic violence and rape by partners.  With all your comments it does make you sound very much like a misogynist. Don't you think that women need/deserve the focus in this area to help protect them and prevent the vast majority of domestic abuse crimes?

I find the 1 in 4 ratio incredibly high.  What is the minimum classification of domestic violence?

1 in 4 women are subjected to domestic violence during their lifetime.  It understates the amount of domestic violence as I mentioned earlier, it doesn't address the frequency or severity.  It is incredibly high, disgustingly so.

2 women are killed through domestic abuse every week. That's a statistic where you can't really question the classification of the violence towards them.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 02, 2014, 09:59:59 PM »

Now you're just being silly.  We're talking about domestic violence and rape by partners.  With all your comments it does make you sound very much like a misogynist. Don't you think that women need/deserve the focus in this area to help protect them and prevent the vast majority of domestic abuse crimes?

I find the 1 in 4 ratio incredibly high.  What is the minimum classification of domestic violence?

1 in 4 women are subjected to domestic violence during their lifetime.  It understates the amount of domestic violence as I mentioned earlier, it doesn't address the frequency or severity.  It is incredibly high, disgustingly so.

2 women are killed through domestic abuse every week. That's a statistic where you can't really question the classification of the violence towards them.

I know it's a huge problem but if i was asked if i have suffered it would i say yes or no in a survey given i have been slapped around the face by an ex gf?
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 02, 2014, 10:00:06 PM »

Now you're just being silly.  We're talking about domestic violence and rape by partners.  With all your comments it does make you sound very much like a misogynist. Don't you think that women need/deserve the focus in this area to help protect them and prevent the vast majority of domestic abuse crimes?

No, I think it's fair to give everyone a fair shout to raise awareness. First time I've known anyone be called a mysogynist for thinking both sexes should be treated fairly and equally.  Unless you are a misandrist?  Cool
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 10:02:17 PM by Woodsey » Logged
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: October 02, 2014, 10:09:20 PM »

No, I think it's fair to give everyone a fair shout to raise awareness. First time I've known anyone be called a mysogynist for thinking both sexes should be treated fairly and equally.  Unless you are a misandrist?  Cool

No, the focus should be more on women as a much higher percentage are the victims of domestic abuse.  Over a third of domestic violence starts when a woman is pregnant.  Next thing you'll be telling me it's the women's fault...

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: October 02, 2014, 10:10:40 PM »

I know it's a huge problem but if i was asked if i have suffered it would i say yes or no in a survey given i have been slapped around the face by an ex gf?

Think it has to be a current partner to qualify as domestic violence.  But if a girlfriend slapped you and caused injury then that would qualify as domestic violence, wouldn't it?

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 02, 2014, 10:13:07 PM »

No, the focus should be more on women as a much higher percentage are the victims of domestic abuse.  Over a third of domestic violence starts when a woman is pregnant.  Next thing you'll be telling me it's the women's fault...

So you are discriminatory after all 
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 02, 2014, 10:15:14 PM »

Think it has to be a current partner to qualify as domestic violence.  But if a girlfriend slapped you and caused injury then that would qualify as domestic violence, wouldn't it?

It was my current partner at the time i happened several times and i was living with her at the time and every time it happened behind closed doors in our house.  I wasn't injured.  Have i suffered domestic violence?
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: October 02, 2014, 10:17:48 PM »

So you are discriminatory after all 

LOL at a privately-educated white male in a patriarchal society moaning about equal rights.  Misandry's a myth.  I'm done wasting my time indulging your misogyny.  Next you'll be complaining about being the victim of oppressive racism in the UK.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: October 02, 2014, 10:18:46 PM »

It was my current partner at the time i happened several times and i was living with her at the time and every time it happened behind closed doors in our house.  I wasn't injured.  Have i suffered domestic violence?

If you felt injured or threatened by it, then yes it was domestic violence.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 02, 2014, 10:19:45 PM »

If you felt injured or threatened by it, then yes it was domestic violence.

This is a true story btw before redarmi comes in and tells me to man up etc!  I would say no i haven't suffered from domestic violence though if i was asked.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: