blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 06:41:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272667 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16722 Members
Latest Member: TheDoubleTop
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  *****disconnections*****
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: *****disconnections*****  (Read 1139 times)
cia260895

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2007, 08:24:25 PM »

can anyone help sometimes when I'm playing on line and my home phone rings i get disconnected which is soooooooo annoying especially when holding a quality hand..It happens when I'm on AOL or I E?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh???
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 08:29:46 PM »

Your filter isn't working. I had the same problem when I moved house. I am assuming you have BB and are wireless here..so if you are, use the same telephone point for your BB and phone  and stick one of them filter thingies in..problem should be solved.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 09:25:23 PM »

Your filter isn't working. I had the same problem when I moved house. I am assuming you have BB and are wireless here..so if you are, use the same telephone point for your BB and phone  and stick one of them filter thingies in..problem should be solved.

Cheers gonna buy a couple of new 1's Now
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 12:59:35 AM »

My Internet has suffered from Internet disconnections for ages now, and not always when someone is calling the flat.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 01:05:50 AM by snoopy1239 » Logged
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2007, 01:05:11 AM »

I had a similar problem with a router, would always disconnect when the phone rang, and changing the filters etc was no good. The modem it had replaced had no problems and a different router worked fine.

When my connection started being dodgy and disconnecting (for no apparent reason) the fix was to get BT to change the cable that went to the exchange.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2007, 01:14:40 AM »

I had a similar problem with a router, would always disconnect when the phone rang, and changing the filters etc was no good. The modem it had replaced had no problems and a different router worked fine.

When my connection started being dodgy and disconnecting (for no apparent reason) the fix was to get BT to change the cable that went to the exchange.

What is the process to have that change made?
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2007, 01:40:26 AM »

lol, it took months!

Most of the time they tried blaming it on someone within a mail radius buying a new TV...

Basically had to harass the call centre enough to get put through to the "Special Faults" team, who know their stuff and did a damn good job.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2007, 08:21:30 AM »

lol, it took months!

Most of the time they tried blaming it on someone within a mail radius buying a new TV...

Basically had to harass the call centre enough to get put through to the "Special Faults" team, who know their stuff and did a damn good job.

yeah the true Techies at BT are top notch.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: