blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 07:04:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272669 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16722 Members
Latest Member: TheDoubleTop
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  The William Hill Grand Prix II @ The Broadway - Birmingham
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The William Hill Grand Prix II @ The Broadway - Birmingham  (Read 49600 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 28, 2006, 02:38:56 AM »

Keith how high do you rate Ali's game?

When his mind is on the game, and he's not on tilt from blackjack.. I think he's one of the top 3 players in Britain.

And as I doubt there's any blackjack tables in a tv studio in Cardiff I reckon he'll be pretty focussed...

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 28, 2006, 02:40:53 AM »

Keith how high do you rate Ali's game?

When his mind is on the game, and he's not on tilt from blackjack.. I think he's one of the top 3 players in Britain.

And as I doubt there's any blackjack tables in a tv studio in Cardiff I reckon he'll be pretty focussed...

Some praise.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Slick Kid

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 28, 2006, 02:49:26 AM »

Dont care what she has won, thats CRAP play and she wants to go and throw herself under a Train.

She puts him on a drawing hand, that's all it could be. And with the blinds going up quickly she wants to get the seat, not second. If he shows QJoff and misses she looks like a genius.

Just playing Devil's advocate.

Agreed, she's playing for the win. He could also have flush draw, or no pair no draw, he's hardly a tight player. Also she has an overcard, backdraw nut flush draw and backdoor straight draw. Given these circumstances it's surely an instant call!!

That is the biggest load of  CRAP lve ever read on this Forum. Sometimes you have to be honest even on Blonde which is always nicey nicey.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 28, 2006, 02:54:28 AM »

Dont care what she has won, thats CRAP play and she wants to go and throw herself under a Train.

She puts him on a drawing hand, that's all it could be. And with the blinds going up quickly she wants to get the seat, not second. If he shows QJoff and misses she looks like a genius.

Agreed, she's playing for the win. He could also have flush draw, or no pair no draw, he's hardly a tight player. Also she has an overcard, backdraw nut flush draw and backdoor straight draw. Given these circumstances it's surely an instant call!!

That is the biggest load of  CRAP lve ever read on this Forum. Sometimes you have to be honest even on Blonde which is always nicey nicey.

I think Rob was being sarcastic.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 28, 2006, 02:56:00 AM »

I never said it wasn't an awful call in my opinion, I was just trying to come up with reasons why she might call.

Slick Kid

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 28, 2006, 02:59:23 AM »

The fact she called in a flash which Chilli said, for her whole Tourney with such a precious first prize and good place money makes it even WORSE.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 03:05:18 AM by Slick Kid » Logged
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: September 28, 2006, 03:05:28 AM »

Michael - Chill out on my watch mate.

The players have been on a ten minute so I managed get full names and counts of all 17 remaining players.

Table 1
1 Rob Stevens            58,000
2 Paul Jackson            73,000
3 Dino Constantinou    36,500
6 Ian "Sheep" Foster   81,200
7 P Hallan                  42,000
8 C Gavrielle               31,000
9 Marcus Bebe Smith   26,700
10 Kev O'Connell        96,500

Table 2
2 K Chowdhury         52,500
3 J Clements            48,000
4 Ali Mallu                177,000
5 Dazzling Cornelius   38,400
6 Dave Smith           101,000
7 Adrian Bates          45,800
8 D Leister               77,900
9 Bill Harding            50,100
10 Ian Woodley       85,100

Blinds are 3,000 / 6,000 Av 64,600
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 03:09:37 AM by Chili » Logged

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 28, 2006, 03:08:18 AM »

Who is your pick Maria?

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 28, 2006, 03:10:30 AM »

The fact she called in a flash which Chilli said, for her whole Tourney with such a precious first prize and good place money makes it even WORSE.

Lucy makes plays like this all the time. It's what makes her so very difficult to play against.

It is easier to steal from Fort Knox than it is from Ms Rokach.

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: September 28, 2006, 03:11:54 AM »

Who is your pick Maria?

Its difficult to pick Mallu or Dave Smith because they are both very capable of not making the final as much as they are to win the thing.

I will go for Ian Woodley.

Slick Kid

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 28, 2006, 03:17:53 AM »

Lucy makes plays like this all the time. It's what makes her so very difficult to play against.

She CALLED the All In, thats some play........................................................................

>:? >:? >:? >:? >:?
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 28, 2006, 03:22:29 AM »

She CALLED the All In, thats some play........................................................................

Pretty bleeding obvious... SHE THOUGHT SHE WAS WINNING!!!!

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: September 28, 2006, 03:25:43 AM »

Chilli u should not have reported that as u have just put her reputation down the toilet amongst the BLONDE ARMY. Ah well it was good whilst it lasted Lucy.

It was not Chili that reported it - it was me - tikay.

I reported the hand as played.

I have the utmost respect for Lucy, as a player, and a friend.

I did not understand the play, but the Lady is an awesome player, & we must all respect & acknowledge that.

RobS

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 28, 2006, 03:27:59 AM »

I wasn't even being sarcastic, how can you say it's terrible play when we don't even know how what % of the chips went in preflop. We know it's 73k total, I'm guessing a decent chunk of that was in preflop and Lucy fancies O'Connell to move in on the flop if he misses.
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: September 28, 2006, 03:30:21 AM »

Back to work - Chili again.  We have lost 2 players already.  C Gavrielle and Cornelius.

We had a raise from J Clements, a call from Mr Mallu and a re-raise from Cornelius.  Clements went all in and so did Alli and Cornelius called.  On their backs.

Clements 
Alli Mallu   
Cornelius   

The bullets stood up and Cornelius was knocked out leaving Alli with about a 70k dent in his stack.  Clements upto 130k and we have 15 left.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: