blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 11:42:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272683 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The Rio cardroom manager is a disgrace..
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Rio cardroom manager is a disgrace..  (Read 2592 times)
Cottonbud

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2010, 12:21:31 PM »

I'm not one to moan about things like this but tonight was actually a disgrace and felt like a grim.

I decided to play the mega satellite ($550 buyin) in the Rio for a WSOP seat there were 83 entries and 4 packages up for grabs. I am chipleader and there are 7 players left I have 92k and there is 330k in play. I 4bet jam on a guy and an Asian/Indian guy with a beard starts to berate me after the hand, I ignore it at first but he goes on and on and on. I begin to get annoyed and tell him to shut his mouth, he continues to needle me and everyone at the table becomes uneasy about the way he is acting. I give him one more warning yet he still carries on. The tournament director comes over to calm things down, who by the way is a joke and would be better off in burger king serving diddy donuts than trying to run a poker room. Things quiet down for a bit I now have about 95k and the Asian/Indian guy pipes up and says lets do a deal between the 7 of us. He has a total bowl stack by the way and is a weak opponent who folded AK when he raised and got jammed on with about 10 big blinds. I refuse the deal and he instantly makes me public enemy number 1 shouting across the table telling the other guys they will deal without me. Noone says much but he still goes on.

Next hand I am on the big blind, blinds 1500-3000 a really bad player who is currently second in chips in the small blind makes it 8500 to play I look down at two black Kings and announce allin. The guy calls and tables AK off, the Asain/Indian guy leaps out of his seat shouting "ACE, ACE, ACE Get him out, not taking the deal you are gone boy!!" I sit and remain calm waiting for the dealer to deal out my fate... the flop comes A-10-A and I'm drawing dead, I end up losng a 160k pot and am left with a scraps of just a 20k stack making me the shortie.

I don't say a word but by the river the Asian/Indian guy screams "YES you are out now your gone! Long gone! You don't have a chance now you idiot" at this point I have had about enough I say "Why don't you shout your mouth you piece of shit you have no class" the dealer shouts floor and the tournament director comes over. He says that me and the Asian/Indian guy will be banned for an orbit I take it on the chin and stand up even though I know my stack will absolutely crucified after this round. The Asian/Indian makes up some lie and somehow the torny director says he can sit back in and play his hands, I immediately object and say " How can you let him play shouting in my face?" he ignores me. I eventually say to him " You know wrong and right grow some balls and do the right thing!" He instantly snaps and tells me one more word and I am banned from the cardroom.

I speak to the assistant torny director who says if it was him he would of banned the Asian/Indian guy as he is always causing trouble and this is like the 5th time hes done it. I come back in an orbit later and I have like 2 big blinds left get it in with A-3 vs deuces and lose. The table are in silence because they've been warned already. I leave gracfully but am aboslutely fuming by what happened. I can't believe the torny director didn't have the stones to stand up to a reg who is absolutely terrible at poker and makes up his own rules was he goes along he had no class and is a joke to the game. Really can't believe what has happened! isn't there any justice left in the poker world!!!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 12:34:38 PM by Cottonbud » Logged
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 12:32:12 PM »

paragraphs please Smiley

Blue text
the rage

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 12:59:08 PM »

Very unlucky there. Sounds like you were treated extremely poorly by a weak-willed TD. Nothing pisses me off more than when some idiot who isn't in the hand shouts up for a player to be outdrawn. There really ought to be a rule such as an instant 15 minute ban for that sort of behaviour, followed by a KO for a repeat offence.
 You got them in ahead but unfortunately the poker gods were'nt  looking down upon you. Have a good blowout, get it out of your system and move on to the next game. GL.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 01:09:59 PM »

Post that on 2+2 - you may well get replies from people who were in the cardroom, or even the tourney, at the time.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 01:13:55 PM »

would you have posted if you bust him to break the bubble and win the  seat

not so sure

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 01:19:43 PM »

Yeah post on 2+2.

I know how you carry yourself at the table James so I'm really surprised a brash loudmouth twat like that went unpunished whilst the opposite happened to you.

Woulda found it hard to not smack the guy once you warned him for the umpteenth time.

In reality though, once I feel he's out of line and won't stop I tell the dealer to stop and call the TD over. I'd say 'What are you gonna do about this? Do I have to take being berated over and over?'

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Cottonbud

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 01:43:42 PM »

not so sure

Obv u don't know me Outrageous... But this is the closest I've ever came to getting physically violent on the poker table. This guy made my blood boil. I decided at the break even if I made a miraculous recovery I was going to post the story and let ppl know what happend. I have never been penalised on a poker table in my life so I was pretty shocked by that anyway. As for 2+2 I won't be posting there because its never interested me, seems its for americans and I prefer the british soil like blonde tbh ppl who are on the same wave length.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 01:51:37 PM »

not so sure

Obv u don't know me Outrageous... But this is the closest I've ever came to getting physically violent on the poker table. This guy made my blood boil. I decided at the break even if I made a miraculous recovery I was going to post the story and let ppl know what happend. I have never been penalised on a poker table in my life so I was pretty shocked by that anyway. As for 2+2 I won't be posting there because its never interested me, seems its for americans and I prefer the british soil like blonde tbh ppl who are on the same wave length.

fair enough - no we have never met and i dont know you. I have been in this situation before (at dtd surprisingly) and i just asked the dealer to have the floor watch - the floor did nothing............................

you just gotta keep yourself in check, i know its difficult, but you know no good can come from rising to it

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 02:47:07 PM »

w/e

sola virtus nobilitat
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 02:51:33 PM »

This thread gives me an excuse to relate an incident from DTD on Sunday evening - sat in the £40 FO at 400/800. Guy in the big blind only gets dealt one card, but doesn't notice. Couple of limps and 4 folds round the table. Gets to him, finally realises, floor is called over. Rules that his hand is dead, as he should have noticed before action (or two actions anyway). Guy goes absolutely ballistic. He's got a stack of about 8000, so he's losing about 10%, which isn't great, but not the end of the world. Demands the manager comes over, which happens. He agrees with the TD. Now f-ing and pointing, he gets threatened with an orbit penalty. Still won't accept it, we've lost about 8 minutes of play by this point. Eventually he threatens to knock out the TD, at which point the physically bouncers pick him up (he weighed about 6 stone, so no particular problem there) and threw him out.

Never a good idea to get too angry at the table! Can understand why you'd be pissed off, but sometimes you just have to swallow it.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 02:57:52 PM »

This thread gives me an excuse to relate an incident from DTD on Sunday evening - sat in the £40 FO at 400/800. Guy in the big blind only gets dealt one card, but doesn't notice. Couple of limps and 4 folds round the table. Gets to him, finally realises, floor is called over. Rules that his hand is dead, as he should have noticed before action (or two actions anyway). Guy goes absolutely ballistic. He's got a stack of about 8000, so he's losing about 10%, which isn't great, but not the end of the world. Demands the manager comes over, which happens. He agrees with the TD. Now f-ing and pointing, he gets threatened with an orbit penalty. Still won't accept it, we've lost about 8 minutes of play by this point. Eventually he threatens to knock out the TD, at which point the physically bouncers pick him up (he weighed about 6 stone, so no particular problem there) and threw him out.

Never a good idea to get too angry at the table! Can understand why you'd be pissed off, but sometimes you just have to swallow it.

Obv Tikay's diet affecting him badly....
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010, 03:02:50 PM »

It says bb has 10 bigs, Tikay would still be asleep waiting to make his move with no more than 5 bigs.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2010, 03:18:05 PM »

It says bb has 10 bigs, Tikay would still be asleep waiting to make his move with no more than 5 bigs.

3 is the new 5.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
jack2off

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2010, 04:49:59 PM »

not so sure

I can 2nd this, having played in the local poker club with James over the years in tournaments or watching the cash game, not once even a nasty comment after a bad beat so must have been bad for you to lose your rag!

You did well not to whack him!! Think I would have been banned for the abuse!!!!!
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2010, 04:57:52 PM »

I happen to know the cardroom manager at the Rio and he is anything but a disgrace.

I assume you mean some guy that works for Harrahs and has been put in charge of runnings sats is a disgrace

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: