blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 02:25:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272675 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8691 8692 8693 8694 [8695] 8696 8697 8698 8699 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13493095 times)
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #130410 on: October 06, 2017, 10:34:02 AM »

Two touchdowns in a game with 6+ expected

the Patriots receptions all went to 4 players due to the mis-matches identified, White, Dola, Cooks, Hogan. Hogan got the touchdown catch

process,not results i think they say

Aye, I read the reports, no fault in the logic. Better luck next time.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #130411 on: October 06, 2017, 11:00:42 AM »

first touch down scorer a no go. allowed amount £0.00

anytime allowed amount £0.00

you must be effectively closed at Coral now

Ok. Given how frustrating it is to use that website anyway, & they now won't lay us anything, shall I withdraw the cash balance & we call it quits?

That's assuming I'm able to, of course. Bet it's a 9 act play even just to withdraw.

I think I have mentioned it before, but Corals did a pretty dirty trick on me again last week.  Not only did they come back and offer me a big chop to my bet sizing (like 50/100 down to 10 or similar), but they also offered me 1/5 instead of 8/1 (no typo). 

I spotted it once before, but it just seems really disgusting.  What proportion of casuals are going to notice they are getting offered 1/5 on a 5/1 chance?  I dare say I may well have just clicked in the past not realising the odds have changed too.  It can't be difficult to do when you have already tried to bet 4 times and the kids are on your case. 

This is an account that is 3k down, where I can't remember a big winning streak and just can't remember if it was ever up.  Basically always been my run bad account. 

Would love to put bets on for thread with them, but just can't.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #130412 on: October 06, 2017, 11:49:03 AM »

Baltimore Ravens @ Oakland Raiders

The only two AFC teams beginning with R (unless you're Scooby Doo) meet in Oakland this weekend and I can't help but feel we should be having a bet in the game.

At the start of the season, I was high on Baltimore being poor and, after a rocky start where the defense was brilliant, I believe that bet is starting to take shape. A team simply cannot have as many injuries to key players and survive (unless you're in New England and cast a spell on the opposition to make stupid mistakes). They are reliant on a poor receiving corps and an uninspiring running game to eke out enough points to get to the number their defense can keep the other team to.  

The London game was a complete mulligan for the Ravens: whatever went on behind the scenes, they weren't prepared for the game and they got what they deserved. But the frailties were there to see and I found the offense the bigger concern, with Flacco unable to get time to throw (Yanda a huge loss to their offensive line - he needs better than an average O-line) and the receivers not getting open.

The Raiders' pass rush has been one of the under-the-radar stories of the season, with contributions from a number of guys who didn't really show up last year. Flacco won't have it easy on Sunday.

The Raiders have lost QB Derek Carr for a few weeks to a fracture in his back. The replacement is Erik Rodriguez "EJ" Manuel. He was cut by the Buffalo Bills for being terribly disappointing too often. His style of play was conservative, with short passes to receivers on short routes being the norm. He tried to get more aggressive but found himself being replaced by an emerging player from the Ravens practice squad in Tyrod Taylor. Like all NFL quarterbacks (even Andy Dalton), when given time in the pocket, he can throw the ball pretty well. His downfield ball is ok but only when he is able to plant his feet and mechanically be efficient. He can't run and throw like Aaron Rodgers or find imaginative plays like Brady. Under pressure, he will be throwing short passes to feet, heads and people in the crowd.

If you think I'm overstating it, the Raiders have been praising him highly all week, and the press is full of "turning it around" type stories. Until we see differently, approach such stories with extreme caution. What else are they going to say? "He is the best of a poor bunch of backup available QBs, the guy we drafted is terrible and we don't want Colin Kaepernick"?

Oakland has a revered offensive line, but last year's number one pass protecting line has been decidedly average this year, with 9 sacks allowed and ranked 15th of 32 by Football Outsiders. You simply have to protect Manuel if you want to move the ball through the air. He can't do it without that.

To make matters worse, the Ravens are very good at disguising their coverage before the snap. This is horrible for inexperienced QBs, as they assess the field and decide on a play. So they might look like they are going to rush the passer in a blitz, but drop back as the ball is snapped and the quick throw that follows plops into to a sea of defenders.

The Ravens are arguably better against the run than the pass, though, which spells trouble for a team that would want to protect its back-up QB by running a lot.

The total points for this game started at 40 and have moved down to 39.5. Everything about this game says low talent and low score. There is a danger Manuel gets benched and Connor Cook comes in to play a more aggressive game. With low totals, there is always the chance one team goes nuts and we do our money. But this is one of three games this weekend at 39.5 points (Jets @ Browns and Bills @ Bengals). Of the three, I'd price this one up as the favourite to be lowest.

I'm currently unable to accommodate Fred, but if someone is able to get £30 at 24/25 with "Snickers" Bet, I'd say we would be doing well.

Recommend £30 on under 39.5 total points.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 11:53:05 AM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #130413 on: October 06, 2017, 11:49:27 AM »

Coral are the worst of the worst.

Why haven't Panorama or Watchdog tackled this subject? Too big for them?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #130414 on: October 06, 2017, 12:05:00 PM »

Fuck those two what about the Government?  This treatment wouldn't be allowed to go on in any other industry in 2017.  Like any other business you get the simple core business principles of price wrong and you do your money.  Bookmaking is no different.  Just pay the money you have to in order to get a decent set of lol's who can price things up and don't offer events you haven't got a clue on for 'pr' reasons and to 'keep up with the Jones'.  Call other firm's bluffs and let them do their money on the stuff you can't price up properly rather than join in and do it yourself and close a zillion accounts you would probably otherwise beat.

Sharps disappear over night for a bookmaker if you get your prices right.  Believe me i have seen it with my own eyes.  You don't have to close accounts down the pro's will leave on their own accord
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 12:09:02 PM by arbboy » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130415 on: October 06, 2017, 12:13:04 PM »

The only two AFC teams beginning with R (unless you're Scooby Doo) meet in Oakland this weekend and I can't help but feel we should be having a bet in the game.

At the start of the season, I was high on Baltimore being poor and, after a rocky start where the defense was brilliant, I believe that bet is starting to take shape. A team simply cannot have as many injuries to key players and survive (unless you're in New England and cast a spell on the opposition to make stupid mistakes). They are reliant on a poor receiving corps and an uninspiring running game to eke out enough points to get to the number their defense can keep the other team to. 

The London game was a complete mulligan for the Ravens: whatever went on behind the scenes, they weren't prepared for the game and they got what they deserved. But the frailties were there to see and I found the offense the bigger concern, with Flacco unable to get time to throw (Yanda a huge loss to their offensive line - he needs better than an average O-line) and the receivers not getting open.

The Raiders' pass rush has been one of the under-the-radar stories of the season, with contributions from a number of guys who didn't really show up last year. Flacco won't have it easy on Sunday.

The Raiders have lost QB Derek Carr for a few weeks to a fracture in his back. The replacement is Erik Rodriguez "EJ" Manuel. He was cut by the Buffalo Bills for being terribly disappointing too often. His style of play was conservative, with short passes to receivers on short routes being the norm. He tried to get more aggressive but found himself being replaced by an emerging player from the Ravens practice squad in Tyrod Taylor. Like all NFL quarterbacks (even Andy Dalton), when given time in the pocket, he can throw the ball pretty well. His downfield ball is ok but only when he is able to plant his feet and mechanically be efficient. He can't run and throw like Aaron Rodgers or find imaginative plays like Brady. Under pressure, he will be throwing short passes to feet, heads and people in the crowd.

If you think I'm overstating it, the Raiders have been praising him highly all week, and the press is full of "turning it around" type stories. Until we see differently, approach such stories with extreme caution. What else are they going to say? "He is the best of a poor bunch of backup available QBs, the guy we drafted is terrible and we don't want Colin Kaepernick"?

Oakland has a revered offensive line, but last year's number one pass protecting line has been decidedly average this year, with 9 sacks allowed and ranked 15th of 32 by Football Outsiders. You simply have to protect Manuel if you want to move the ball through the air. He can't do it without that.

To make matters worse, the Ravens are very good at disguising their coverage before the snap. This is horrible for inexperienced QBs, as they assess the field and decide on a play. So they might look like they are going to rush the passer in a blitz, but drop back as the ball is snapped and the quick throw that follows plops into to a sea of defenders.

The Ravens are arguably better against the run than the pass, though, which spells trouble for a team that would want to protect its back-up QB by running a lot.

The total points for this game started at 40 and have moved down to 39.5. Everything about this game says low talent and low score. There is a danger Manuel gets benched and Connor Cook comes in to play a more aggressive game. With low totals, there is always the chance one team goes nuts and we do our money. But this is one of three games this weekend at 39.5 points (Jets @ Browns and Bills @ Bengals). Of the three, I'd price this one up as the favourite to be lowest.

I'm currently unable to accommodate Fred, but if someone is able to get £30 at 24/25 with "Snickers" Bet, I'd say we would be doing well.

Brandon Williams is their best run stuffer, badly missed at Wembley then against Lev Bell and out this weekend too. Set against that Marshawn Lynch has the second worst "successful run" rate of any RB, behind only the horrendous Paul Perkins/Giants OL situation. A bit like Dallas, the Raiders OL has been performing far worse than reputation so far this year.

tikay do we have a Marathon account log in? is it funded?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130416 on: October 06, 2017, 12:19:13 PM »

Brandon Williams is their best run stuffer, badly missed at Wembley then against Lev Bell and out this weekend too. Set against that Marshawn Lynch has the second worst "successful run" rate of any RB, behind only the horrendous Paul Perkins/Giants OL situation. A bit like Dallas, the Raiders OL has been performing far worse than reputation so far this year.

tikay do we have a Marathon account log in? is it funded?

Think the answer to both questions is "yes" - bear with me, I'll go have a fiddle around.

PS - What a thoroughly enjoyable write up by Tal Bloke.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130417 on: October 06, 2017, 12:59:54 PM »

My efforts with Marathon Bet went well.......we DO have an Account, but I had all sorts of problems. First I had to change my Password (achieved, yay).

But then I had more probs, so I went to "Chat".....

Chat session started at 12:39:21
Please be patient while you are being connected with an operator ...

Welcome to Marathonbet!
Your chat session ID is 43659571-8102
My name is XXXX X. How can I help you?

Anthony:Hi Luis

Luis W:Hi how an i help?

Luis W:how can i help?

Anthony:I seem unable to Deposit, or place bets.

Anthony:I get a weird message

Anthony:"We can not accept bets or registrations from this jurisdiction. Please contact Customer Care for more details."

Anthony:I am in the UK

Anthony:And I cannot see a Deposit option either, only a Withdraw option

Luis W:Before I provide you with information about your account, please provide the 2nd and 3rd characters (spaces not included) from the answer of your security question: what is your father’s name?

Anthony: XX

Luis W:thanks, firstly you are receiving this message because your IP address is showing United States so perhaps you are using a VPN or proxy? if so youw ill need to remove it in order to access the account. secondly, the account is currently suspended due to our terms and conditions being updated and in order to reopen it we require you to email us agreeing to the terms and conditions

Luis W:in order to agree the terms please send an email to care@marathonbet.co.uk and quote the phrase below exactly as it is written

Luis W:“I confirm that I read understood and agreed to terms and conditions as stated on the marathonbet.co.uk website.”

Anthony:I am in the UK.

Luis W:i understand your in the uk but your IP address is showing the united states.

Anthony:Well that's impossible. I use other sites & they don't say I am in the USA

Anthony:What if I use my ipad?

Anthony:Have sent that e-Mail you suggested

Luis W:ok thank you, you can try using your ipad but if it is from the same internet connection you may have the same troubles. you can try resetting your internet router and if that still fails i would recommend contacting your internet provider

Anthony:Yes, it's the same internet connection. In the UK.

Luis W:the issue lies with your internet connection, i can only recommend restarting your internet box or calling your internet provider for assistance

Anthony:No, the issue lies with Marathon Bet imo.

Luis W:im afraid it does not. our site will not allow you to access the account if your internet is showing that you are in the US. as i said you will need to contact your provider or restart your internet, they are the only options you have.

Anthony:It does not show I am in the US when I bet with other Sports Betting Sites who are UK based.

Anthony:I can play poker on UK sites from this IP address, too. Because it is in the UK.

Luis W:other sports sites may have jurisdiction to accept US customers, i cannot comment, Marathonbet on the other hand does not im afraid

Anthony:No they don't.

Anthony:Anyway, you clearly cba to answer my question properly, so I'll give up.

Luis W:i have given you the options Anthony. There is nothing further i can do to help, the site will not allow you to enter as it is. either restart your internet and try again or contact your internet company

Luis W:Is there anything else I can help you with at this time?

Anthony:Anything else? You have not done anything yet.

Luis W:im sorry you feel that way

Anthony:Well if you had an iota of initiative or common-sense you would realise the problem is not at my end.

Anthony:Anyway, I'll give up now.

Luis W:i can assure you it is your internet connection that is the issue

Luis W:From our side we can see the IP you are contacting from which is showing as the US

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #130418 on: October 06, 2017, 01:12:13 PM »

Certainly one for Things that piss you off thread !
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130419 on: October 06, 2017, 01:12:50 PM »

so that would be a "no tighty, someone else would have to place that for us?"

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130420 on: October 06, 2017, 01:26:57 PM »

so that would be a "no tighty, someone else would have to place that for us?"

Umm, yes, the answer is no, until I get back to the uk.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130421 on: October 06, 2017, 01:33:49 PM »

Think they are taking the piss now.

Dear Marathonbet Customer,

Thank you for contacting Marathonbet.

This is an automated response. Please do not reply to this email.

Your request will be processed and we will reply at the earliest opportunity.

Please note that sending additional emails not related to our response may result in further delays.

Kind regards,
Marathonbet Customer Care Team

Our Customer Care team are happy to help you.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #130422 on: October 06, 2017, 02:00:08 PM »

Fuck those two what about the Government?  This treatment wouldn't be allowed to go on in any other industry in 2017.  Like any other business you get the simple core business principles of price wrong and you do your money.  Bookmaking is no different.  Just pay the money you have to in order to get a decent set of lol's who can price things up and don't offer events you haven't got a clue on for 'pr' reasons and to 'keep up with the Jones'.  Call other firm's bluffs and let them do their money on the stuff you can't price up properly rather than join in and do it yourself and close a zillion accounts you would probably otherwise beat.

Sharps disappear over night for a bookmaker if you get your prices right.  Believe me i have seen it with my own eyes.  You don't have to close accounts down the pro's will leave on their own accord

Bigger fish to fry at the moment innit? Plus they're raking in plenty of ££££, so why would they be bothered.

Lol @ Marathonbet garbage. I've had dozens of lolchats like that, normally with a Raul, a Luis or an Angelina.

Chatbox staff must have the lowest IQ of any profession.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130423 on: October 06, 2017, 02:04:29 PM »

Dear Tony,

Thank you for choosing Marathonbet.

We would like to inform you that your account was temporarily suspended whilst we carried out our routine verification process.

The verification is now complete and you have full access to your Marathonbet account.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept any incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130424 on: October 06, 2017, 02:05:37 PM »

We now have an active, legit, funded, UK-based, Marathon Bet Account.

I'll be pretty pissed if it gets insta restricted.

Pages: 1 ... 8691 8692 8693 8694 [8695] 8696 8697 8698 8699 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: