blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 02:28:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272668 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16722 Members
Latest Member: TheDoubleTop
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  -+- GOING TO VEGAS? -+- Post Trip Dates Here -+-
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: -+- GOING TO VEGAS? -+- Post Trip Dates Here -+-  (Read 35504 times)
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 19, 2011, 05:28:16 PM »

I'm thinking start looking for hotel offers about 3 months out. We'll probably want something reasonable without being able to afford anything too up-market. Mid-strip for convenience.

Start 6 months out imo.  And don't narrow things ~ if something up-market offers a great deal, be in a position to take it.  Look through the various offer websites and one hotel will come out a clear winner on price, whilst fitting your criteria.  Depending on your dates and the offers of the day, that may be PH/Paris/Mirage, it may be somewhere else that comes into contention as a wildcard (crazy deal in Augustus Tower @ Ceasars perhaps) or you may even sneak into a cracking Venetian/City Centre deal for less than you imagined.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 19, 2011, 06:02:16 PM »

You not celebrate Christmas or NYD ?
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 19, 2011, 08:01:46 PM »

I'm going 25/10 - 3/11. Staying at the Excalibur
RioRodent

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 19, 2011, 09:35:56 PM »

OP updated

£10 to £10k Challenge

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: July 19, 2011, 11:15:19 PM »

I'm thinking start looking for hotel offers about 3 months out. We'll probably want something reasonable without being able to afford anything too up-market. Mid-strip for convenience.

Start 6 months out imo.  And don't narrow things ~ if something up-market offers a great deal, be in a position to take it.  Look through the various offer websites and one hotel will come out a clear winner on price, whilst fitting your criteria.  Depending on your dates and the offers of the day, that may be PH/Paris/Mirage, it may be somewhere else that comes into contention as a wildcard (crazy deal in Augustus Tower @ Ceasars perhaps) or you may even sneak into a cracking Venetian/City Centre deal for less than you imagined.

TY for the advice. I'm certainly not ruling anywhere out, but location main consideration, for price within reason. Would love Venetian, but checking the convention calendar (yes, I'm that sad) there is a 17000 attendee convention with Venetian as the "home" hotel that weekend, so suspect cheap rooms will be scarce (could be wrong, don't really know how it works). Keeping my eye on fatwallet, any other offer round-up places worth bookmarking? City Centre not open last time I went, but Aria or wherever would be cool too, if price is right.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 20, 2011, 12:40:05 AM »

Will be there sometime in early Oct depends on the NFL season really as Fins are playing in San Diego on Oct 2nd.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2011, 01:11:26 AM »

21 - 07 - 2011.

The older I get, the better I was.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 20, 2011, 01:12:30 AM »

ASAP

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 20, 2011, 05:47:53 AM »

ASAP

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 20, 2011, 06:19:48 AM »

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 20, 2011, 08:38:45 AM »

Christmas Day still get the morning, it will just be in a hotel plus 12 hours later it will be time for Xmas lunch!
Pretty sure NYE is a lot more important than NYD, cant thing of anywhere more fun to be on NYE.

Basically just fits perfectly and means I don't have to think about keeping everyone happy.

[   ] I'm a very selfless person

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
HOLDorFOLD

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 20, 2011, 08:43:10 AM »

Going 15th - 24th November  Grin

“Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.”  Ralph Waldo Emerson
RioRodent

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 20, 2011, 10:46:28 AM »

Going 15th - 24th November  Grin

We're on the same flight out... share a cab from the airport if you like (if you decide on Harrahs)?

£10 to £10k Challenge

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 20, 2011, 11:05:53 AM »

Christmas Day still get the morning, it will just be in a hotel plus 12 hours later it will be time for Xmas lunch!
Pretty sure NYE is a lot more important than NYD, cant thing of anywhere more fun to be on NYE.

Basically just fits perfectly and means I don't have to think about keeping everyone happy.

[   ] I'm a very selfless person

I'm sure it'll be pretty sick, I wouldn't be that bothered about Xmas but love NYD, enjoy.
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 20, 2011, 11:31:54 AM »

TY for the advice. I'm certainly not ruling anywhere out, but location main consideration, for price within reason. Would love Venetian, but checking the convention calendar (yes, I'm that sad) there is a 17000 attendee convention with Venetian as the "home" hotel that weekend, so suspect cheap rooms will be scarce (could be wrong, don't really know how it works). Keeping my eye on fatwallet, any other offer round-up places worth bookmarking? City Centre not open last time I went, but Aria or wherever would be cool too, if price is right.

SmarterVegas usually worth a look.  As with most things, it depends how much surfing effort you want to put in and how important saving a few hundred is compared to the time it takes to do it.

I usually prefer to book a direct flight separately to the hotel.  And the hotel either direct with bonus code or some other method that is also transferable.  That way, should you want to change any element of your trip, you have max flex to change flight dates, swap hotels, etc.  Orbitz & co sometimes do have very good offers and are worth a look, but I am loathed to take one as it gives you a "paid in full in advance-non-flex voucher."  For a crazy deal I'd do it, otherwise I'd rather just hunt a bit harder for direct/flexible options.

In my experience, just being observant 6 months out pays dividends.  On the last trip, I paid less for Premium Economy than the last -minute guys paid for economy.  And I paid less for Encore than some did for TI.  All the "but I only need a bed for the night" arguments don't come into it ~ even if people only want a bed and a shower, its still hard to understand why they would pay the same amount to the Pigeon as the could have to the Wynn.

ASAP

Would be a good idea to have those airmiles up to date then... 

No definite plans myself yet, but maybe Oct/Nov.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: