blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 10:42:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272668 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16722 Members
Latest Member: TheDoubleTop
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  seriously p'd off - does anyone know my rights?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: seriously p'd off - does anyone know my rights?  (Read 8253 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2008, 10:54:48 PM »

No Tony they dont.

But this is a retail shop where "profits" matter.

By kicking up a fuss and putting customers off buying products "hurts" them more.

But I don't want to "hurt" them - I want to get my way. And I can do that by being cooey-wooey, & out-thinking them.

But it's each to their own. Some do the shouty thing, others do the talky thing. My best results come from talking to folks in a civil manner, & treating them as equals.

"We have a problem" - the word "we" specifically - is like smiling - it's amazingly effective, completely free, & generally gets the job done. Whereas "I have a problem", or "YOU have a problem", starts everyone off on the wrong foot, & almost invariably kills any hope of a successful - by which I mean, "I win" - negotation.

Patience, persistence, politeness. Amazingly powerful.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
da_poker_monkey

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2008, 12:12:49 AM »

I tend to find that one of the above tends to lead to the other anyway  "we have a problem", "No son, YOU have a problem" (sometimes followed by a little shove etc)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2008, 12:17:29 AM »

I tend to find that one of the above tends to lead to the other anyway  "we have a problem", "No son, YOU have a problem" (sometimes followed by a little shove etc)

Just depends on one's people skills.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2008, 12:24:01 AM »

My old Granny used to say "You can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar"

The older I get, the better I was.
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2008, 12:14:48 PM »

No Tony they dont.

By kicking up a fuss and putting customers off buying products "hurts" them more.

Profits don't matter to staff. Targets and commission are all that matters.

I helped the nice people and was strictly by the regulations for the loud and brash arseholes.

"receipt please" It's at the house" "bye then"

"receipt please" "it's at the house" "no bother i'll find it on the computer"

Guesss which one was the arsehole.

Sandy
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2008, 12:55:21 PM »

Tony

I said START by being nice.

IF that gets you nowhere, THEN kick up a fuss.

This is my personal experience

Also going down the legal route for such a small value item just isnt worth it.

Kicking up a fuss will cost them ALOT more - they are in business to make money afterall.

Yes, I know Paul, ("start by being nice") but I still prefer the subtle approach. It's simple negotiation, & we rarely succeed in negotiations if we start shouting & hollering. Nobody ever gained an inch of ground by shouting at me, or you, now did they?

Softly softly catchee monkee........

eh? what? who? where? when?

Huh?

sponsored by Fyffes
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2008, 01:53:55 PM »

No Tony they dont.

Profits don't matter to staff. Targets and commission are all that matters.

I helped the nice people and was strictly by the regulations for the loud and brash arseholes.

"receipt please" It's at the house" "bye then"

"receipt please" "it's at the house" "no bother i'll find it on the computer"

Guesss which one was the arsehole.

Sandy

Got it in one.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2008, 02:31:52 PM »

Many store managers and the assistants in the store just want an easy life.  If you have something that doesn't work, it doesn't affect them until it becomes their problem as well.  The key is often making it their problem.

Now you can do this quietly or make a song and dance about it - it's horses for courses. 

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2008, 09:36:27 PM »

I remember another store manager telling the story of the loud complainer trying to return a faulty kettle. No receipt. They eventually got a new kettle after several visits to the store and letters to . gave them a £20 credit but they'd have got that with way less effort if they had been nice.

Treat people how you'd like to be treated. Being firm doesn't equate to being an arsehole.

However having said that if they are being an arse to you then treat them like they like to treat people. Then delight in telling them afterwards why.

Sandy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: