blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 07:35:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272676 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  2015 Diary- Family, Work, Poker and everything in-between
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2015 Diary- Family, Work, Poker and everything in-between  (Read 70917 times)
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2015, 12:53:51 AM »

Well done on some nice results at poker this week.

But defo have some family time too. Maybe agree on times you are going to play/ have sessions and treat the family with some of the winnings  Smiley

UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2015, 05:11:09 PM »

Thanks man :-)

I think she just hates all forms of gambling. Hates spending money, won on gambling, hates watching me gamble ect ect. She is very much a hard working type, very intelligent and just hates gambling. I now know why this is, but it is not my place to write on an open forum. I took your advise and agreed to kinda book "session time". She doesn't want to know how much I've won or lost though, and doesn't want to talk about it at all.

As I posted a couple of weeks back, I'm kinda falling out of love with the game, and as such have played alot less than I would normally. Taking a couple more sessions off will probably do me good anyway. Probably just play Friday/Saturday night or something. Would love yo play Sunday's but with work in the morning its probably best not to.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2015, 08:57:16 PM »

Thanks man :-)

I think she just hates all forms of gambling. Hates spending money, won on gambling, hates watching me gamble ect ect. She is very much a hard working type, very intelligent and just hates gambling. I now know why this is, but it is not my place to write on an open forum. I took your advise and agreed to kinda book "session time". She doesn't want to know how much I've won or lost though, and doesn't want to talk about it at all.

As I posted a couple of weeks back, I'm kinda falling out of love with the game, and as such have played alot less than I would normally. Taking a couple more sessions off will probably do me good anyway. Probably just play Friday/Saturday night or something. Would love yo play Sunday's but with work in the morning its probably best not to.

Very tough one mate really, def shouldn't be putting poker before family but getting a balance can sometimes be difficult as it's different for everyone. Can't be healthy either that she doesn't want to know anything about what you are doing but then if u show no interest in her soaps (I know that is very difficult to do) then she probably thinks the same. I'm only talking from experience but a few things I have done to make sure the wife, 3 kids and myself all live in harmony (my missis has no interest at all with poker) I have set days that I play, usually Sunday, Wednesday and Fri, but I never play on Saturdays as that is our family day/night. If I change my schedule (usually to play live) then it's all done in advance and on the calendar so all the communication is there, when I have a nice score the wife is on 20% for herself personally, can spend it on whatever she wants for herself, no questions asked. We always have a date night once a month where the kids stay at the grandparents and we go out, no drinking, just a nice meal, cinema, the odd trip to London. We also always have dinner with the kids at the dinner table every night, gives us all a chance to have a chat and talk to each other, which can be quite rare in this world of social networking and iPads. Works well for us, we all have an interest in listening to each other's hobbies, work, school etc etc. just seems that life is about give and take in equal measure, communication and mutual respect. Poker has a place in that somewhere for us all but should certainly not have a bigger piece of the pie than anything else (unless your a pro, even then with kids u have to make certain sacrifices). Anyway just wanted to let u know your not alone in what your going through as many of us will have been there, it's what you choose to do next that matters. Look after your family mate, poker will always be there, they may not.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2015, 09:38:24 PM »

Know how you feel on the poker front, I often go through periods where I don't play at all, or load a few comps up, get 2/3 outtered, then think fk this and watch a movie/read a book instead.

Gotta make time for the family obviously but you also need time for yourself, whatever it is that you do with the time.

My mrs did moan about me always being on my laptop of an evening. Just told her how awful her soaps/reality tv shit was and we could always watch the stuff I like (American tv drama mostly) soon put her off moaning about it.

TBH I never tell my mrs how much I gamble and she's not interested either, unless I have a decent win, though she knows i'm sensible with money (never play with money I can't afford and probably play lower than I should)
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2015, 09:40:34 PM »

Yeah completely agree with this.If I cant come to an agreement then It will deffo be the one to go. Would 100% rather have the family over any game.

Thanks for your experience on this, much appreciated. Felt like i was the only one in the world with this issue for a bit. I think I like your schedule idea will give that a go!
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 06, 2015, 09:29:18 PM »

So things between my and the Mrs have sorted out and we have come to an agreement we are both happy with, with immediate effect. Already feel alot happier with life :-).

I pulled this off sharkscope for my finishing positions in MTT'S stats:

Early Finishes (10%):
20.30%
Early/Middle Finishes (20%):
17.20%
Late Finishes (10%):
13.20%
Middle Finishes (40%):
37.90%

This is over 655 MTTS with an average fields of 1489. Not sure if these are really good stats or bad? Anyone have an idea of what these should be for a winning player compared to a losing player or a break even one?

mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2015, 11:15:29 AM »

Good to see you have sorted things out with the Mrs - i presume you will now only be playing six days a week instead of seven - lol

Are you going to play any of the live PP at dtd next week -

What is your tag on PS as i thought it might of been you running deep on the big $11 last week - bit of a bummer thought i was going to win it finished 19th

See you later + are you going to the blonde bash
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2015, 12:38:41 PM »

yeah that's about right 6 days instead of 7. On a serious not I will just be playing a few times a week max, and all my live ventures will be booked well in advance. Not sure I will be playing live that much at the moment. Only thing I have booked is the GUKPT in reading at the end of June. I might have a go at the PP, but will play online if anything as I have quite a busy May.

I did indeed go deep in the Big 11 last week, finished 41st it was probably you knocked me out with your KQ hitting a Q on the river! I'll PM you my Stars name, if you've got Skype let me know as I'm always on Skype when playing.

I will be going to the blonde Bash however I need to catch up with what's the latest on it.
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2015, 11:52:44 AM »

More Pokerstars Incompetence. Trying to cash out a little on stars last night an they decided to freeze my account for the third time in just under a month. I received an email asking me to verify my ID, bank card and bank account statement again! Sent an email back saying you should have this on your records as I have sent this across on X and z date. Received an email saying they cannot progress without me providing the documents again and this is standard practice, sorry for the inconvenience.

Will be now splitting my online games across 888 and Party and possibly Sky who I have had no issue with depositing and Withdrawing in the past.

Not that stars will care about this, being a billion dollar company and all, but I can not support them any longer.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 12:04:59 PM by UgotNuts » Logged
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2015, 01:26:16 PM »

Laugh - i have been trying to cash out from stars for over a year - i then realised i needed to win some money first - the only site i have not had a decent win on - with regards to 888 - i tend to play on lucky aces which is a sister company of 888 - same platform and same tournaments - never won on 888 but taken down several on LA - payout times do vary though can be between 3 - 5 days.

If you go back to PS let me know
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 11, 2015, 01:33:13 AM »

Great run - unlucky to run into AA - but you played very well and must be pleased - big bink will happen soon i am sure

I got mullered  all night,  always another day though

again well played
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2015, 11:32:44 AM »

Thanks Mike appreciated. I had no idea you had been railing me the whole time. Shame I went card dead for the last 8 levels or so, had tough tables the whole way through also, running into EPT high rollers, online pros ect. All part of the fun.

I regret posting my business with pokerstars (as it has now been sorted), reading it all back I just come across as a whining emotional little bitch, maybe I am a bit lately with everything which has been going on. But that's life right, just need to pick yourself up and carry on, no point in crying about it.

If you get Skype we can chat without it being displayed to the whole world of online poker. Maybe talk through some hands.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 11:56:44 AM by UgotNuts » Logged
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2015, 01:25:25 PM »

Decided to have give myself the rest of the week off scoop, after a pretty crap session on Monday night. Just lost all flips and managed to convert 3 94% on the turn to 0% on the river in the big 109, 55 and the scoop rebuy event. All times with KK VS 1010. Happens. Will be back on it for Sunday.

Finally got round to "doing" the weeding in the garden (Mrs and her sister did most of the work), It looks great, just need to get round to going to a gardening shop to pick up some Flowers to plant and get the old pressure washer out to clean down the slaps. Fingers crossed we get some nice weather to accommodate a barbecue! Turned up to work this morning to the news that we had no water as there had been a main line pipe bust in the next town which had effected the best part of Bedford. Instead of closing down for H&S reasons they have decided to get some portable loos in and buy some heaps of water from Tesco to hydrate us. More cost effective I suppose than paying 70% of the work force an extra day's holiday. Was looking forward to the day of as the weather is good.  The loos are situated right outside the ground floor offices which contain our telesales team, its almost like a walk of shame to head down and use them with everyone peering out of the window!

Everyone's action for the WSOP seems to be selling out in hours on here! Look forward to getting some action when I have enough posts, will probably not be in time for this years :-(

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2015, 09:50:58 AM »

Everyone's action for the WSOP seems to be selling out in hours on here! Look forward to getting some action when I have enough posts, will probably not be in time for this years :-(

Oh you never know Ugo, your post count could go up if people start asking daft questions.

BTW- How many top lips do you have?

The older I get, the better I was.
UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2015, 05:12:45 PM »

Good question! I can never quite figure out if I have just the one, or thousands of top lips all pilled on top of each other. Who knows eh?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: