blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 09:10:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272673 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Why wont you Fold ?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why wont you Fold ?  (Read 1976 times)
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2005, 10:38:43 AM »

Likely to get the ladies steamed up just like the old toilet seat deabte but....

Why is it that, in my experience women refuse to fold good raises. Is it their naturally suspicious minds that believe we are constantly on the rob, or their stubborness to refuse that they may actually be beaten.....

one example from last night Im on BB , and all fold round to said lady who puts in the minimum raise (2000), rest of table folds to me who goes all in for another 8000. She dwells for a few minutes then calls . She turns over K4 os !!!!. OK so I was on the rob with Q8  but that isnt the point.......

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
patman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 10:46:21 AM »

she obviously had a read on you Cheesy...serves you right mr lazaroonie.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 10:52:57 AM »

I think it's immaterial whether a male or female has a higher propensity to call raises..

What you might be talking about here is a lady's perception and instinct.

Let's face it, some of the fairer sex can sniff out b**lsh*t from a mile away!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
yt

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 11:30:17 AM »

Let's face it, some of the fairer sex can sniff out b**lsh*t from a mile away!
"Of course I'm not sleeping with your sister!"
"No your bum does not look big in that."
and the old classic -
"I love you."
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 11:49:46 AM »

Likely to get the ladies steamed up just like the old toilet seat deabte but....

Why is it that, in my experience women refuse to fold good raises. Is it their naturally suspicious minds that believe we are constantly on the rob, or their stubborness to refuse that they may actually be beaten.....

one example from last night Im on BB , and all fold round to said lady who puts in the minimum raise (2000), rest of table folds to me who goes all in for another 8000. She dwells for a few minutes then calls . She turns over K4 os !!!!. OK so I was on the rob with Q8  but that isnt the point.......

For every one woman who refuses to fold to a good raise i could show you 6 blokes who cant either - its just another one of the minefields a poker player has to tread through (as if there weren't enough already).

If you've been at the table long enough though, you should easily be able to tell which people will lay a good hand down and which ones cant fold once they've put chips in the pot.......

sponsored by Fyffes
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 12:02:08 PM »

"Of course I'm not sleeping with your sister!"
"No your bum does not look big in that."
and the old classic -
"I love you."

PMSL  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
MrMoves
It's not the principle, it's the money

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2005, 12:08:12 PM »

I find the opposite is true... at least in my house.

My wife plays now and again and I often watch.  She is constantly worrying about raises, thinks everyone has Aces all the time and will back down in the face of strong aggression.  In real life she's as stubborn as hell!

Different players play in different ways I suppose.  Women tend to be more trusting than men IMO, in the UK at least.  On a slightly different subject I find different nations seem to play in the same general sort of way.  

Am I the only one who hunts for certain nationalities then watch them to make sure they fall in line with my stereotype before playing them?
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2005, 12:11:19 PM »

Am I the only one who hunts for certain nationalities then watch them to make sure they fall in line with my stereotype before playing them?

If your talking about playing online then i ignore where it says they are from anyway - just because someone has there town as "linkoping" showing doesnt mean to say they are actually Swedish and from Linkoping.......

By watching them for a given period you should be able to see how they play and adjust accordingly regardless of where they are from.

sponsored by Fyffes
MrMoves

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2005, 12:16:06 PM »

If your talking about playing online then i ignore where it says they are from anyway - just because someone has there town as "linkoping" showing doesnt mean to say they are actually Swedish and from Linkoping.......

By watching them for a given period you should be able to see how they play and adjust accordingly regardless of where they are from.

I think that depends on the network.  Some sites require correct addresses before accepting membership.  If you change your country address on Poker Heaven they will send a new PIN to that address Smiley
MrMoves

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2005, 12:19:40 PM »

I look for two or three different countries. Then watch them play, if they are the type of player I like I'll join them.  Of course this is the same for every nationality as you state.  There are some places containing a high number of players I enjoy playing, though. Smiley
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2005, 12:19:59 PM »

I think that depends on the network.  Some sites require correct addresses before accepting membership.  If you change your country address on Poker Heaven they will send a new PIN to that address Smiley

Ahh i see, i only play on pokerstars - and while they "strongly advise" you to give the correct address for cashing out purposes (yes they claim that there is someone out there who cashes out!!  Cheesy) but as most people use neteller which works off your email address then you get all kinds of wierd and wonderful places as player locations!!

(plus i only play mtt's so it doesnt matter as it's a random table draw anyway!)

sponsored by Fyffes
Mrs Nightfly

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2005, 12:31:55 PM »

Probably why women are better at poker lol Wink
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2005, 02:15:58 PM »

DId ths happen at the cincinatti club last night?

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: