blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 02:55:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272675 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  2014-15 NFL Discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2014-15 NFL Discussion thread  (Read 75956 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #600 on: February 03, 2015, 03:34:34 PM »

Can't be bad, well done, Adam!

Plenty of UFC to keep you occupied until it comes back Smiley

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: February 03, 2015, 03:35:20 PM »

next season Adam, the blonde NFL fantasy league please

you will love it.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #602 on: February 03, 2015, 03:48:23 PM »

I'm shit at UFC betting.
I'm an unashamed nut hugger with too many fighters, so I find it next to impossible to bet impartially.

NFL has been great, because I have no allegiance at all so can pick purely on my (naive/layman's interpretation of) stats/form.

Not sure I'm ready for Fantasy NFL yet.
Certainly learned a lot of the big names quickly, but think I might be sticking a pin in it a bit.
Will watch the draft news unfold over the summer and see how I feel.

wishing my summer months away can't be good Smiley
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 03, 2015, 03:49:49 PM »

people kept asking me if I'd picked a team yet, but think I'm happy having a different team in every SB and interest in several games each week.

Feels wrong to be picking a team at this time of life Smiley
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 03, 2015, 06:01:49 PM »

adam fantasy is fun honest you will love it and you will learn alot real fast

it will also help your betting as you will understand teams strong and weak points much better

and you have someone to cheer on in most matches all season

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 03, 2015, 06:15:56 PM »

When I first signed up to the blonde fantasy football league, I probably could name 20 players in the NFL. By Draft Night, I had bumped that up, although they were just names on a piece of paper, still. Couldn't pick them out of a crowd of one.

Over the course of the season, my knowledge quickly grew (it has to; you don't get any choice if you want to compete with the sharps on here!) and I am much more familiar with the game and the players, particularly on offense.

You'll have great fun on Red Zone on a Sunday evening.

"And we now go to Foxboro..."

Interesting...

"...where the Pats are going for it on fourth and six at the 25."

Ok. So I have Tom Brady. Here we go then!

"It's high and aimed for Amendola"

Oh wicked! I've got him, too! Go on!!

"Intercepted!"

Yuk!

"And here goes the safety, Will Hill! He's past the lineman and this could be...it is! PICK SIX for the Ravens!"

Hang on...my opponent has the Ravens Defense! FML!

"And from there to San Diego, where the Jaguars are on the five yard line after a sensational 47 yard catch from Alan Hurns"

Get in!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 03, 2015, 06:17:49 PM »

Thoroughly enjoyed my first season as an NFL punter/viewer.
In fact I can't remember enjoying a season of sport as much.

Over the 17 week regular season, I had 4 winning weeks, plus the divisional championship weekend and of course the Super Bowl (which all my bets came in for).
Of the picks I made, there were 75 winners and 21 losers.
Of the 13 losing regular season weeks, 9 of them were due to a single result (so the other 4 were obviously disasters).
The 4 winning weeks were 3, 4, 3 and a particularly impressive 7 game accumulator.
Although, it was one of the 3 game accumulators that paid the biggest returned, because it included my pick of the Bills to beat the Jets on the road that, despite the Jets being 1-6-0, everyone, bookies included had the home team as solid favourites.

For the Super Bowl I had any Patriots win, Patriots by 1-6, over 48 points total and at the Super Bowl party I went to I picked Patriots by 5 (tactical as Pats by 3 and 7 were both gone so I had a shot at two splits plus an outright) which got me half the pot. Total profit for Super Bowl night was £52.02

Favourite teams for the season were Patriots who won 9 times when backed, but did kill a bet with their week 17 loss to Bills, and also the Colts who I picked 9 wins and 1 loss for.

The main strategy though was betting against the season’s dogs. I picked against Raiders 8 times, but they stuck it in me week 16 by beating the Bills. Against Jets 9 times, but again, they bit me back in week 10 when they beat the Steelers (which I predicted, but then second guessed myself), and the AFC terrible twins of Jaguars and Titans who I successfully picked against 7 & 9 times respectively without a slip.

Boggy teams were Steelers who lost when I backed them 4 times, Bills who won 2 they should have lost and lost 2 they should have won, but worst of all by a mile was the Saints. “Always back the Saints at home” they said. “Never lose” they said. 5 home losses on the bounce, 4 of which killed bets, plus an away win against the Steelers as an extra kick in the teeth. Hands down, my boggy team of the season.

Over all bankroll for my bets was £45 (including my £5 entry into the sweep)
Total profit for season is £35.85 which is a 80% ROI, which I'm pretty happy with.

Can’t wait to get stuck into the 2015/16 season and maybe start upping the bets as I get more confident Smiley

What the hell am I going to do till September now?!?!

Well done mate, on the picking a team front I would just wait until something hits you and then you will know they are the one.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 03, 2015, 07:01:40 PM »

I'm already a Red Zone junkie
Best way to watch live sports by far :-)

Alright, I'll give it a swing
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 03, 2015, 09:09:18 PM »

I'm shit at UFC betting.
I'm an unashamed nut hugger with too many fighters, so I find it next to impossible to bet impartially.

NFL has been great, because I have no allegiance at all so can pick purely on my (naive/layman's interpretation of) stats/form.

Not sure I'm ready for Fantasy NFL yet.
Certainly learned a lot of the big names quickly, but think I might be sticking a pin in it a bit.
Will watch the draft news unfold over the summer and see how I feel.

wishing my summer months away can't be good Smiley

That's pretty much how we all started in Fantasy NFL and by far the easiest way to become familiar with things is to jump in and play.  We've had some co-managed teams previously too, if you we're really unsure.

I'm sure some others will agree with the above.  For example, Ironside was pretty much a novice at the start of the season and he's arguably the biggest addict we have in the league now!!

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: February 03, 2015, 11:39:32 PM »

An interesting day.

''''Speaking Tuesday, Falcons owner Arthur Blank appeared to admit the team pumped artificial noise into its 2013-14 home games.
''It's not really a fine line,'' Blank said. ''I think what we've done in 2013 and 2014 was wrong. Anything that affects the competitive balance and fairness on the field, we're opposed to." Blank must know the league has irrefutable evidence, and is trying to get out in front of the apology game. The Falcons are subject to both a hefty fine and loss of draft picks. Blank's contriteness could level down the punishment, however.''''

''''Johnny Manziel checked into a treatment facility last week.
Manziel's partying has been well documented. Much less publicized is Johnny Football's apparent dependency and/or addiction. "Johnny entered treatment on Wednesday," said his publicist. "Johnny knows there are areas in which he needs to improve in order to be a better family member, friend, and teammate and he thought the offseason was the right time to take this step. On behalf of Johnny and his family, we’re asking for privacy until he rejoins the team." From chugging champagne on inflatable swans to rolling up dollar bills in bathrooms to oversleeping and missing the final walkthrough of the season, Manziel's rookie year was a disaster off the field, as well as in the rare instances he set foot on it. Hopefully, he'll get himself in order and be back to compete for a job.''''

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 04, 2015, 07:41:51 AM »

The Browns are rumoured to be "seriously considering" trading up for Mariota. What a farce.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #611 on: February 04, 2015, 07:59:11 PM »

The Browns are rumoured to be "seriously considering" trading up for Mariota. What a farce.

Ironic as Manziel orginally comitted to go to Oregon the same year Mariota did but changed his mind at the last moment and went to Texas A&M.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 04, 2015, 08:08:40 PM »

Saw this for the first time tonight, while perusing the Super Bowl ads. Utter genius.

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 04, 2015, 10:48:06 PM »

(As we don't have a College Football thread - I'm putting this here)

How big?!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000468117/article/byu-signs-410pound-lineman-motekiai-langi?campaign=Twitter_nfl_cfb

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 04, 2015, 10:50:49 PM »

410lb? That's near enough 30 stone in Roman Catholic! Blimey!

What happened to that high school running back that was 7 foot tall and 25 stone? Did he get to a college?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 11:00:22 PM by Tal » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: