blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 09:33:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272669 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Lumix DMC-ZX3 Camera?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lumix DMC-ZX3 Camera?  (Read 5090 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2010, 10:19:38 AM »

Must admit it doesn't quite fit in my pocket like the FS20 did, until I took a photo too near a fountain and ruined the camera.  Roll Eyes

Tbh I actually wanted the TZ-10 (newer version of TZ-8), but had to rule it because of that.....................

The TZ10 has the GPS thingy, which looks like a complete gimmick that really isn't needed.  So I want that one...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2010, 09:52:35 PM »

Must admit the GPS thing is the only difference between the two. But I couldn't think of a good reason why I would want it other than it is a gadget.  Smiley
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2010, 10:51:05 PM »

Must admit the GPS thing is the only difference between the two. But I couldn't think of a good reason why I would want it other than it is a gadget.  Smiley

Me neither, so it'll be the one I get.

Cheesy

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2010, 11:09:07 PM »

GPS eats up batteries.

The older I get, the better I was.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2010, 11:11:10 PM »

GPS eats up batteries.

Yeah, but it'd be on charge most of the time.  It does on my phone too, but I always have it switched on...

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2010, 11:12:32 PM »

GPS eats up batteries.

Yeah, but it'd be on charge most of the time.  It does on my phone too, but I always have it switched on...

The older I get, the better I was.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2010, 10:32:48 AM »

Bump - did you ever come up with a decent pocket size camera in the end?

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2010, 10:39:32 AM »

Reason I ask is because I'm looking for similar and kicking around buying this one, but don't want to toss money away if it's rubbish.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5593361/c_1/1/category_root/Photography/14419436/c_2/2/cat_14419436/Digital+cameras+and+packages/14419441.htm

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2010, 10:44:37 AM »

Me neither, so it'll be the one I get.

Cheesy

...and I did.  Love the camera - thanks for the heads-up on this one Tom and others.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2010, 10:45:05 AM »

Reason I ask is because I'm looking for similar and kicking around buying this one, but don't want to toss money away if it's rubbish.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5593361/c_1/1/category_root/Photography/14419436/c_2/2/cat_14419436/Digital+cameras+and+packages/14419441.htm

I'll let the others who know more about them than me advise, but looks good for £150.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2010, 11:29:55 AM »

Very happy with mine, its a touch more expensive at around £200...........

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-Lumix-ZX3-Digital-Camera/dp/B0031MA112/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1282385843&sr=1-1
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2010, 04:52:18 PM »

Here's a question for those in the know.  If I wnt a replacement battery for my camera, it states in the manual that it MUST be a genuine Panasonic battery, otherwise black holes can be created that will destroy the world (or something along those lines).  Surely a lithium-ion battery of the same mAh and Voltage that's a 'copy' of the original battery will be fine?  Or am I missing something, and there's a genuine reason why I should pay four times as much for a battery that says 'Panasonic' on it, even though it's probably made in the same factory in China as the cheaper ones?

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2010, 04:53:18 PM »

By the way, thanks for those who advised about the TZ10.  It really is a lovely bit of kit.  thumbs up  Shame I nearly lost it today by leaving it in the hire car and then having to go back to retrieve it
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 04:55:42 PM by kinboshi » Logged

paulpitchford

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2010, 05:19:54 PM »

I have the model before the TZ10 (can't remember the model, no GPS - maybe TZ5) and I bought it as a package online from a retailer. It came with a genuine Panasonic battery and a "copy" battery and the copy works just as well as the genuine IMO. No holes appearing here!

HTH

Paul.

rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2010, 11:44:13 PM »

Here's a question for those in the know.  If I wnt a replacement battery for my camera, it states in the manual that it MUST be a genuine Panasonic battery, otherwise black holes can be created that will destroy the world (or something along those lines).  Surely a lithium-ion battery of the same mAh and Voltage that's a 'copy' of the original battery will be fine?  Or am I missing something, and there's a genuine reason why I should pay four times as much for a battery that says 'Panasonic' on it, even though it's probably made in the same factory in China as the cheaper ones?

Apparently if you update the firmware in some Panasonic cameras it actually rejects non-genuine batteries. Little encoded ID chip in them somewhere.

But otherwise, no, copy should be fine. LiIon do have a habit of getting very hot if they're dodgy though.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: