blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 03:03:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272666 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16722 Members
Latest Member: TheDoubleTop
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Rate My Fry-up...
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 ... 160 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate My Fry-up...  (Read 328869 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1695 on: February 13, 2013, 03:32:05 PM »

Please don't tell me that those are potato waffles on your plate.
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: February 13, 2013, 03:33:42 PM »

What are the general rules re: mushrooms? Tinned ever allowed? Button or those large feckers?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1697 on: February 13, 2013, 03:34:42 PM »

What are the general rules re: mushrooms? Tinned ever allowed? Button or those large feckers?

Tinned?!
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: February 13, 2013, 03:41:08 PM »

Them Waffles looked like they have been taken str8 out of the freezer and dumped on the plate. COOK the things ffs!

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1699 on: February 13, 2013, 03:42:25 PM »

Tinned? Lol. Good one.

The older I get, the better I was.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: February 13, 2013, 03:44:20 PM »

OK, you asked for it.

This is a very good example of a breakast and I would be proud to eat it, but if were striving for perfection...

The beans could have been prevented from touching the egg by utilising a readily available sausage barrier. Sorry, School boy error

Sausage: Unevenly cooked. Granted but wanted authentic home cooked effect

Bacon: Undercooked and lacking crispy rind. That's how I like it

Mushrooms: Undercooked, portion too small. They were cooked well but lighting gives wrong impression. Portion size granted

Bread: Not enough and should be on separate plate. (Toast ditto) School boy error, sorry

Fried bread: Soaked up too much oil. Have to disagree on this one. The texture was sublime - not quite crispy but not soggy either

Black pudding: Meh! Looks loke it was photoshopped on as an afterthought. Black pud was absolutley perfect. Flavourful but not too much salt added

Plate: Depressing colour and far too small leading to inadvertent mixing and heapage. School boy error again

Fork: Looks bendy. Sorry poorness or photo. Knife and fork were matching items that a re really solid and most definately not round and definately not blunt

Knife: Blade looks dull, rounded handle will be prone to slippage. See above

Great effort. 6.8 / 10.

Cheers Tom but would you reconsider your score in light of my responses. I really feel a 7 would do it justice.

Ah! The element of surprise
strak33

View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: February 13, 2013, 03:52:05 PM »

Good work with the linda mcartney sausages.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: February 13, 2013, 03:56:30 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

Click to see full-size image.

3 x Linda McCartneys
2 x Fried Eggs
2 x Waffles
2 x Giant mushrooms
4 x Organic Vine Tomatoes
Portion of beans with HP sauce
4 x Rounds of buttered toast

Obviously no need to mention the [ ] sausages or waffles.

Fried eggs look pretty terrible as well. Why don't they look the same?

Random [ ] sausage placement just makes no sense whatsoever.

Mushrooms look really good although you appear to have re-defined the word 'giant'.

Those beans are perilously close to the edge of the plate despite overlapping in to [ ] sausage territory.

Lack of bacon can't be excused although I suppose it's better than vegetarian bacon.

Overall pretty bad unfortunately.

3.5/10 sympathy score for the effort.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: February 13, 2013, 03:57:52 PM »

OK, you asked for it.

This is a very good example of a breakast and I would be proud to eat it, but if were striving for perfection...

The beans could have been prevented from touching the egg by utilising a readily available sausage barrier. Sorry, School boy error

Mushrooms: Undercooked, portion too small. They were cooked well but lighting gives wrong impression. Portion size granted

Bread: Not enough and should be on separate plate. (Toast ditto) School boy error, sorry

Fried bread: Soaked up too much oil. Have to disagree on this one. The texture was sublime - not quite crispy but not soggy either

Black pudding: Meh! Looks loke it was photoshopped on as an afterthought. Black pud was absolutley perfect. Flavourful but not too much salt added

Plate: Depressing colour and far too small leading to inadvertent mixing and heapage. School boy error again

Fork: Looks bendy. Sorry poorness or photo. Knife and fork were matching items that a re really solid and most definately not round and definately not blunt

Great effort. 6.8 / 10.

Cheers Tom but would you reconsider your score in light of my responses. I really feel a 7 would do it justice.

wow it's amazing how somebody can admit to so many schoolboy errors and to planting a fake tea in shot and then in the same breath ask for more points. I think Tom is a quality judge and he got it spot on, even noticing the plate colour which did make me sad when viewing the picture again.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1704 on: February 13, 2013, 04:01:45 PM »

OK, you asked for it.

Great effort. 6.8 / 10.

Sorry Andrew. Considering the portion size violations and self confessed errors I think you got off too lightly. I feel I must make further deductions.

I am prepared to mitigate things slightly regarding the cutlery. If you say it's solid, it's solid. Plus I did like the one piece blade & handle combo. It's very hygienic because the germs cant hide in the join.

6.6 / 10

The older I get, the better I was.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: February 13, 2013, 04:03:50 PM »

OK, you asked for it.

Great effort. 6.8 / 10.

wow it's amazing how somebody can admit to so many schoolboy errors and to planting a fake tea in shot and then in the same breath ask for more points. I think Tom is a quality judge and he got it spot on, even noticing the plate colour which did make me sad when viewing the picture again.

lol. Once again Mr Brittas is correct although the points appeal was for the misconception about the black pudding and bendy cutlery oh and the fried slice.

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: February 13, 2013, 04:04:17 PM »

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: February 13, 2013, 04:05:53 PM »

I'm getting really nervous

Driving test was nothing compared to this

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1708 on: February 13, 2013, 04:08:25 PM »

I'm getting really nervous

Driving test was nothing compared to this

Just avoid the schoolboy errors, uncooked waffles, [ ] sausages, the wrong-sized mushrooms, the wrong beans, tomatoes (especially scrotum ones), unevenly cooked meat, non-crispy bacon, the wrong type/quantity/colour/texture/size/shape of bread, eggs done incorrectly, the wrong sort of plate, table, cutlery...

You'll be fine!

Cheesy

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: February 13, 2013, 04:11:26 PM »

OK, you asked for it.

Great effort. 6.8 / 10.

how much more bread do you want on a breakfast?

Just me
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 ... 160 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: