blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 02:20:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272676 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  ICM sucks
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ICM sucks  (Read 2236 times)
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010, 04:00:29 PM »

£1

Bit unfair, you realise how many of these I play a day? Legitimate post, although everyone agrees call these hands have to be towards the bottom of our calling range if not the very bottom...

lol soz, was prob a bit harsh Smiley

Actually. thinking about it, I did post the hand histories and said FML so it's probs fair enough!

Will you two please stop fighting? This is supposed to be a friendly forum.

Aye. I feel guilty. I don't think MC is gonna post another thread on PHA now in fear of more ridicule Sad

Blue text
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2010, 01:08:45 AM »

lol Smiley

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2010, 02:43:34 AM »

Not sure why these are on PHA when you can get the correct answers from SNGWiz or similar but at a quick glance both look like pretty clear calls.

The problem with doing everything strictly by ICM is that it becomes exploitable.

If someone knows that your calling range is QQ+ then they can shove on you every single hand.

Playing perfect ICM strategy isn't exploitable. You are only ever making +EV calls. How can a strategy that says call when your EV is >0 and fold when it isn't ever be exploitable? The incorrect application of ICM (assigning your opponents incorrect ranges) is exploitable but so is the incorrect application of any poker theory.

Getting good at ICM includes being able to adjust to when peoples ranges change so obviously if the guy in shoving any 2 there are seldom times when calling with QQ+ is the correct application of ICM.

Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2010, 06:43:06 AM »

he showed up with Q6 and you're wondering if it's close! hope you made a note! i'd call both fwiw you play good

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2010, 08:50:28 AM »

I am calling both, I would imagine sngwiz disagrees with me given reasonable ranges. Then again I am happy to take slight -EV spotS according to wiz as it is just too fking tight on finals imo.

Reasoning wiz fails massively on chip utility spots as if we win hand 1, we got so many great +ev spots battering the table round with our big stack it is worth taking the -ev spot. In certain spots we got exploited to fk by the chip leader if we pass and have a tonnes of -ev spots down the line.

word
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2010, 05:00:05 AM »

fk me james must be so boring playing 100's of these a week and wondering if its icm correct to call in these spots.
dakky

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2010, 02:27:05 AM »

I didn't see results before I was going to write this:

hand 1 call, win a (almost certain) flip, and get stack to win comp

2: man you've got to snap that off so fast. You are absolutely massive against his range which will include any ace, 2 picutres, pairs etc etc Passing this spot to try to ladder to 2nd will cost you so many shots at 1st place
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: