blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 10:30:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272672 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  AQ...what to do?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AQ...what to do?  (Read 2272 times)
baltic_blonde

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2010, 01:40:34 PM »

That comp became pretty quick early on. Ppl were rightly jamming wide, numbers were dropping like flies. I know i had to get it in a great deal wider than aq a few times from all spots.

All the speech plays about getting it in with any pair is the same as saying (if they are being honest) that they are getting it in with most aces and most if not all broadways.

Tbh yr range crushes this and i'd be getting it all in quickly.

Yes live players can have well nitty ranges, but most of these tables were becoming short handed pretty quickly and it was push or fold poker.

1 hand that amazed me early on day 2 in this comp was when i jammed 9 bbs from the cut off with 44 and the sb tank folded aq. Imo that folds explains the value in live poker.

That's exactly what I was thinking...I didn't have much time to waste, especially when the blinds were going up to 2,400/1,200 & antes 200 next hand. And I was confident my AQ is beating the guy's range... so thought why not risk 18k now with all these favourable conditions and add an extra 40% to my stack if I win and still be in a tournament even if I lose.

So why post the hand and doubt yourself?

Well, im still learning...and gettting a second opinion from the fellow players always helps:)

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: