blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:11:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272697 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 1260 1261 1262 1263 [1264] 1265 1266 1267 1268 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6361501 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18945 on: July 23, 2010, 01:15:12 AM »

I arrived at Gatters at 11am, deplaned.....& left the Airport at noon. At 2.55pm, I was in DTD for the £50, which started, bless them, smack on 3pm. I was out first hand. How daft did I feel?

I somehow got to see a flop with  .

It came two clubs with the Q, & the turned. For once, I was a non-believer, & holding the 2nd nuts. Bugger.

I came back nicely on the Sunday at Luton, though, £700 almost for 3rd place in the £100. Cost me a night's sleep though.

It was good to hook up with the Luton gang though, or most of them, & I really njoyed it. I may be taking a wee break from Luton for a few months, so nice to finish with a decent result.

We get blase about what we win & lose, but £700 is serious money to me, always was, & always wiil be. The days when I played big Comps are long gone, I have a ball splashing around in up to £300 affairs, maybe the odd £500-er.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18946 on: July 23, 2010, 01:18:03 AM »

Want make sure you got me message, u got my name old timer??
Someone said u got wooden legs and real feet I want to see this saturday

Yup, "sofaaaking".

You will enjoy yourself on Saturday, trust me. Be there Friday night, too, to meet the boyz. There might be a surprise Guest or two, too......you won't be disappointed. (Unless he fails to show, which is possible).

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #18947 on: July 23, 2010, 01:21:14 AM »

Do you not still play reasonably big cash games,500 is big imo lol.

Also are you a Cricket fan ? I'm venturing down your gaff to watch Eng v Pakistan mid August with some scoundrels off here.Last time I went was to Edgbaston to watch the Ashes,sure seen any cricket.,sigh.I'm not a big fan tbh but why not ? Something different ftw.
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #18948 on: July 23, 2010, 01:22:39 AM »

Want make sure you got me message, u got my name old timer??
Someone said u got wooden legs and real feet I want to see this saturday

Yup, "sofaaaking".

You will enjoy yourself on Saturday, trust me. Be there Friday night, too, to meet the boyz. There might be a surprise Guest or two, too......you won't be disappointed. (Unless he fails to show, which is possible).
I thought I was the special guest

might be hard for tomorrow mate got to got to northuberland to view a car
then to Essex then train to Cardiff I will see what ime I'm back
I love trains I'd shag one if it was possible

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #18949 on: July 23, 2010, 01:24:22 AM »

Sigh.  Me tinks I whooshed the lot of ya there.    Surely Gatso got it and will be along shortly to explain switch hitter to ye.

I thought cos's sexual ambidexterity was still just a rumour

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #18950 on: July 23, 2010, 01:25:31 AM »

Sigh.  Me tinks I whooshed the lot of ya there.    Surely Gatso got it and will be along shortly to explain switch hitter to ye.

I thought cos's sexual ambidexterity was still just a rumour

Oh TG!  You're my hero!

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18951 on: July 23, 2010, 01:32:10 AM »

After making a tit of myself at DTD, it gave me chance to watch the golf. Wow, the best days TV I can remember.

As I don't bet, my enjoyment of sport is not affected by "the score" or result, & I loved every second of it.

On Windy Friday, when Daly (who is perfect to watch) was kicking pot plants around in frustration, the young Irish kid, McIllroy, after a low first round, went to pieces & shot an 80. But in his interview he just fessed up " I failed to handle it", which I thought showed great character. And he managedf to end up 3rd. What a talent he will be with mental backbone like that.

I thought the winner, although almost certainly a one-hit wonder on a hot streak, was a very worthy winner, & conducted himself quite beautifully throughout.

The BBC coverage was 100 times better than ESPN's, & some.

Good to see - imo, anyway - the galleries showing some warmth & forgiveness to Woods, too.

And EVERY group came down the 18th to warm applause - how good is that, in this day & age? No booing, no mocking, just decent people watching & enjoying highly-skilled players.

Bit worrying to see near 400 yard drives making the green though, jeez, that's scary. I think McIllroy twice drove through the group in front on Sunday.

I'm afraid I can't warm, not even a bit, to Montgomerie though, so the Ryder Cup won't be half the fun I'd prefer it to be. He's such a tetchy & cantankerous plumpy, with no character or fun in him. Gets through some women, mind, given he's not exactly Adonis. I wish I knew his knack, my sell-by-date has long expired, & I miss it. Sometimes.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18952 on: July 23, 2010, 01:34:36 AM »

Sigh.  Me tinks I whooshed the lot of ya there.     Surely Gatso got it and will be along shortly to explain switch hitter to ye.

Who whooshed who?

I think I got it.......

Think "left-footer", then read my Post.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18953 on: July 23, 2010, 01:35:47 AM »

What do you mean you may be taking a breal for a few months from Luton?

Why?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #18954 on: July 23, 2010, 01:42:08 AM »

Sigh.  Me tinks I whooshed the lot of ya there.     Surely Gatso got it and will be along shortly to explain switch hitter to ye.

Who whooshed who?

I think I got it.......

Oh my.  Bravo Sir.  A reverse whoosh.  You're on fire tonight! 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18955 on: July 23, 2010, 01:43:23 AM »

Do you not still play reasonably big cash games,500 is big imo lol.

Also are you a Cricket fan ? I'm venturing down your gaff to watch Eng v Pakistan mid August with some scoundrels off here.Last time I went was to Edgbaston to watch the Ashes,sure seen any cricket.,sigh.I'm not a big fan tbh but why not ? Something different ftw.

Well it's all relative I suppose. If I sit in a DC or Omaha Cash Game (Live), which I do when time or game availblity permits, yeah, I'll pull up £1k, & have 2 or 3 behind if need be, but when I lose, it messes with my head real bad. I should not play that level, I don't have the game, but I can't help myself, it's a weakness. If my Dad knew I was gambling £2 or £3k a pop, he'd have me over his knee. Given how hard I work to earn money, it makes no sense for a player of my modest (at best) ability to gamble so high, but I love it so much. I can empathise with those who go busto, & lose the lot. I can't empathise with those who don't have the fibre to dig themselves out of it by hard work, & instead wail on about bad luck & want my pity. Sod that.

Cricket? I'd not cross the street to watch a ODI, it's kid's bish-bash-bosh nonsense to me, but Test Cricket, yeah, my bucket list includes watching every single ball of any MCC 5 Test series. On the telly though, I can't be doing with all the alcohol-fuelled twats at Live cricket any more. And the TV cover it so wonderfully.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #18956 on: July 23, 2010, 09:37:34 AM »

Who whooshed who?

I think I got it.......

I'm well confused now.  I thought 'left-footer' was slang for Catholic   Never heard it applied to those switch hitters.  Perhaps it's a generational thing....

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18957 on: July 23, 2010, 09:39:52 AM »

Who whooshed who?

I think I got it.......

I'm well confused now.  I thought 'left-footer' was slang for Catholic   Never heard it applied to those switch hitters.  Perhaps it's a generational thing....

Aren't all Catholics switch hitters?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #18958 on: July 23, 2010, 09:41:35 AM »

Who whooshed who?

I think I got it.......

Aren't all Catholics switch hitters?

A fair few perhaps, but not enough to make them synonymous.

I'm not. 

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #18959 on: July 23, 2010, 10:17:38 AM »

Who whooshed who?

I think I got it.......

I'm well confused now.  I thought 'left-footer' was slang for Catholic  Never heard it applied to those switch hitters.  Perhaps it's a generational thing....

Blimey Tony...you're much younger than I thought!

Pages: 1 ... 1260 1261 1262 1263 [1264] 1265 1266 1267 1268 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: