blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 09:19:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272671 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 1262 1263 1264 1265 [1266] 1267 1268 1269 1270 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6348723 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #18975 on: July 23, 2010, 01:36:51 PM »

Please tell me you don't need your glasses to drive?

Least he won't be speeding.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18976 on: July 23, 2010, 01:40:07 PM »

I may be taking a wee break from Luton for a few months, so nice to finish with a decent result.

I feel the same about last night's result but one must keep trying isn't it?

Thoughts on Peter Alliss? A couple of his comments at the weekend had the betty forum boys going nuts.

Peter Alliss is the only person who should be allowed to commentate on anything let alone golf.

Love his voice, love his chuckles and comments and don't instantly get the urge to mute whilst watching which says so so much about his commentary. I hate commentators in general they are so annoying and talk way too much.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18977 on: July 23, 2010, 01:42:05 PM »

Please tell me you don't need your glasses to drive?

Least he won't be speeding.

Wink

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
marcro

View Profile
« Reply #18978 on: July 23, 2010, 01:42:28 PM »

I may be taking a wee break from Luton for a few months, so nice to finish with a decent result.

Thoughts on Peter Alliss? A couple of his comments at the weekend had the betty forum boys going nuts.

Peter Alliss is the only person who should be allowed to commentate on anything let alone golf.

Love his voice, love his chuckles and comments and don't instantly get the urge to mute whilst watching which says so so much about his commentary. I hate commentators in general they are so annoying and talk way too much.

Alliss is way past his sell by date and needs to move on.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18979 on: July 23, 2010, 01:44:12 PM »

NOOOOO

he'll be replaced with a gooooon

he has a nice relaxing voice keeeeep him.

norrrrrrr
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #18980 on: July 23, 2010, 02:13:22 PM »

After the burka was banned in France Damian Green dismissed similar measures in this country because it would be un-British. He maintained that in this great country we should have the right to express ourselves freely and without hindrance. Some may dislike the burka, some may even find it offensive, but Britain will never succumb to such censorship, we will always champion our citizen's rights to their freedom of choice. What a great country. In other news this week I hear blowing vuvuzelas at football grounds will be banned next season.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18981 on: July 23, 2010, 03:11:47 PM »

After the burka was banned in France Damian Green dismissed similar measures in this country because it would be un-British. He maintained that in this great country we should have the right to express ourselves freely and without hindrance. Some may dislike the burka, some may even find it offensive, but Britain will never succumb to such censorship, we will always champion our citizen's rights to their freedom of choice. What a great country. In other news this week I hear blowing vuvuzelas at football grounds will be banned next season.
Yes, because wearing a burke is on a par with blowing a vuvuzela

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18982 on: July 23, 2010, 03:12:32 PM »

NOOOOO

he'll be replaced with a gooooon

he has a nice relaxing voice keeeeep him.

norrrrrrr

Very much this...they'll bring a Chiles sound a like in...

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18983 on: July 23, 2010, 03:17:59 PM »

OR A WOMAN
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #18984 on: July 23, 2010, 03:18:37 PM »

For the first time since returning from Vegas, I slept well last night. My 6am alarm call came & went without me, & I got to the office at 10.30am, whoops. Maria rang me last night & caught me at a bad time, & we chatted for over an hour, maybe 90 minutes. I need her, & especially Tom, & Thewy so much sometimes.

And then, later, the storm broke, & I'll need those sleep reserves to get through the next few days. My oh my, it's gonna get messy.

I'm off to Swansea in a mo. Dreading the M4/M5 thingie mid-afternoon on a Summer Friday, but I'll be non-stop on the phone, sorting stuff.

Meet up with the lads tonight, including Tighty & Flushy, in Swansea, then on Saturday, the SPT marathon, a 16 hour day at best, but fun.

Sunday, not quite sure yet. Am supposed to be in Brighton, at the National Finals of a big Pub League, but that may be too much even for my reserves of energy to manage, so I may have to swerve it. I'd need to drive from Swansea to Brighton early on Sunday morning. No point going unless I am in reasonable form & shape. And I need to collect my new glasses, which I ordered in Luton last week. I'm near blind without them, so that's pretty important. Can't wait to get them, in fact. I lost my prescription bins in Vegas, & it's been "difficult" since.

The M4 on a Friday afternoon awaits. And worse.

SHIT.,.,.,IF HES BRINGING HIS BRACLET.,.,IM BRINGING MY BOXING BELTS..,.,.,

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18985 on: July 23, 2010, 03:44:58 PM »

OR A WOMAN

Good point, ATR has done the same for one of their programs and I'm also still not used to that female footie commentator.

It's just wrong.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #18986 on: July 23, 2010, 03:46:09 PM »

You can't glorify liberty when the subject matter is serious enough but in the same breath take someone's plastic trumpet off them. It undermines the supposed tolerance we use to defend burka wearing in the first place. You think freedom shouldn't apply to trivial things, only serious and religious things?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18987 on: July 23, 2010, 04:04:40 PM »

You can't glorify liberty when the subject matter is serious enough but in the same breath take someone's plastic trumpet off them. It undermines the supposed tolerance we use to defend burka wearing in the first place. You think freedom shouldn't apply to trivial things, only serious and religious things?

I do think there is a difference between following your religion and blowing a little trumpet.
the little trumpet is loud and obnoxious and nothign more than a summer gimmick that damages the ears and makes you want to punch the face of the person blowing it in.
People have the right to be obnoxious (Thank God, or I'd be fecked) and people even have the right to be loud and obnoxious. they don't however have the right to blow a very loud trumpet whilst standing/sitting right next to someone else.
An EPL stadium is not an environment where you have a right to blow a vuvuzela, in the same way as you don't have a right to do it in a restaurant.

Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #18988 on: July 23, 2010, 04:07:01 PM »

OR A WOMAN

Good point, ATR has done the same for one of their programs and I'm also still not used to that female footie commentator.

It's just wrong.

The female sports reviewer on the BBC morning news wants taking out and shooting. Sorry love but when you say the England rugby team aren't very good maybe you would like to look one of them in the eye.
Can't stand Alliss anymore but at least he is better than Stuart Hall or Alan Green.....and there I will stop as my blood pressure has just gone up!!!!

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #18989 on: July 23, 2010, 04:08:42 PM »

how on earth can you compare someone's right to wear a burka with a right to blow a vuvuzela?  Can other people really be annoyed/offended by what someone else chooses to wear?  Unless it's obscene, I very much doubt it.  Those bloody horn things are incredibly annoying though, and if they are as loud as they sound on the telly, could potentially cause damage to people's hearing.

edit: boo boldie beat me to it, and said it better Sad  

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Pages: 1 ... 1262 1263 1264 1265 [1266] 1267 1268 1269 1270 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: