blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 05:51:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272670 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  An ideal chance to slowplay?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An ideal chance to slowplay?  (Read 2937 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2006, 12:24:23 AM »

Heeze is at seat 1 with 400.00
JespBP is at seat 2 with 363.00
Vassell is at seat 3 with 504.70
Mr End is at seat 4 with 360.40
ElefantMis is at seat 5 with 371.85
I GOAT FU is at seat 6 with 362.76
Dr_Jones is at seat 7 with 402.00
Tigerente is at seat 8 with 104.34
dondolla is at seat 9 with 222.60
Netto is at seat 10 with 401.60

Dr_Jones posts the large blind 4.00
I GOAT FU posts the small blind 2.00

I GOAT FU: --, --
Dr_Jones: --, --
Tigerente: --, --
dondolla: --, --
Netto: --, --
JespBP: --, --
Vassell: --, --
Mr End: ,
ElefantMis: --, --

Pre-flop:

Tigerente: Fold
dondolla: Fold
Netto: Raise  8.00
JespBP: Fold
Vassell: Fold
Mr End: Raise  24.00
ElefantMis: Fold
I GOAT FU: Fold
Dr_Jones: Fold
Netto: Call 24.00

Flop (Board: , , ):

Netto: Bet  4.00
Mr End: ?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
jezza777

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 12:33:30 AM »

This flop almost screams slowplay but I would start to build the pot now with a minimum raise. He is unlikleyto fold and the more money in the middle the more he will want to go after it. If he catches something on the turn then great.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 12:38:07 AM »

p.s this isn't a bad beat

I am interested in whether you flat call or raise and risk losing your customer....

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
WellChief

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 12:40:00 AM »

Raise every time, you can't flat call 4 when the pots that big.  Not a min raise either, just screams you have a monster. Might as well raise to half the pot.
temp0r

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 01:31:50 AM »

a minimum raise here tells them you have kings. it's big pot suicide.
flat call. then flat call the turn. or put what LOOKS like a steal bet in if he checks. and raise enough on the river to still get a call. as you've called called the pot should be big enough by this time to get a customer still with a pretty large bet. maybe 30 or something.
WellChief

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 01:37:09 AM »

He's playing 2/4.  30 is not a big bet.   There's no point in just calling a minimum bet, thats not pot building.  Surely the guy knows he's going to get reraised anyway, as you've reraised preflop.  You're only going to get paid in this hand if your opponent has something, might as well stick in a decent reraise and hope he plays.
bundle

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2006, 01:42:15 AM »

I'm going to let the timer run down on this then make it $16 to go. I'm sure i should get a call from here. you have to hope his raise pre flop was with Big slick and the $4 bet is so as not to lose HIS customer.
WellChief

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2006, 01:46:33 AM »

Every reply so far has recommended actions that basically turn your hand face up. 
bundle

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2006, 01:57:01 AM »

Well i ask myself WTF is the $4 bet for. It screams weak. I can't believe he is not trying to get you to see it as weak and re raise him. I'm expecting him to re raise my $16 bet..
Heid
Nuuuuu Meeeeja Whore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2006, 02:04:02 AM »

OK...

We don't know anything about Netto...

I say he has made a pair of kings, and possibly made two pair on the flop. I agree the weak bet smells funny. He should know what he is doing sitting at a 2/4 table, but who can tell eh?

If you raise he is going to follow, and obviosuly you aren't just going to call that bet.

I think a lot here depends on what you have seen of him before this hand. You can ask questions with your bets and he is either going to answer them, or he doesn't understand that they are a question and is blind to everything apart from his two pair.

So raise, and keep raising.

I await flames Smiley

Heid
xx

There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no bubble; there is the Final Table.
WellChief

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2006, 02:15:45 AM »

Heid you're spot on.  So many people love to make normal continuation bets when they don't hit then stop betting when they've got the nuts to "slow-play".    It sticks out like a sore thumb.

Bundle a reraise to 16 when the pot is 54 isn't really big enough in my opinion. 
bundle

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2006, 02:19:53 AM »

yeah i see your point Wellchief. I'm thinking it should look like a cheap steal. Not too little not too much.. I'm hoping for the re raise from him.

What would you think is the correct amount to bet here?. And what do you think will happen after your bet?

It might have helped to see what the starting stacks were

OK i didnt look for the staring stacks and now see them there ooopps sorry
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 02:22:03 AM by bundle » Logged
WellChief

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2006, 02:28:02 AM »

Well when I'm playing cash games I will almost always follow up my bet with the same size bet on the flop (around 2/3, depends on no. of players and board), although I will mix in a few checks with and without hands as well. 

In this situation you're not going to win much unless you're opponent has hit some part of the flop.  He seems like a bad player from the bets so far so if he has a King you're going to get paid if you put in a sizeable raise.  I would raise to 35ish here as that's what my opponent would expect and hope he had something, he may have a drawing hand I wouldn't rule and hand out from his actions so far.  If he folded I wouldn't shed any tears. These aren't the sort of situations where you get paid off massively anyway unless its a set vs set thing and then it wouldn't matter what you raised.

ps. Stack sizes are at top.
bundle

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2006, 02:35:46 AM »

Ok looking at the whole thing again. (if only we had the time when playing) It is quite possible he could have AA. The min raise from fairly early position says he wanted a call and then to call the raise from tighend makes me think he is either very loose or has a big hand.

I think tighty is going to show us he cracked Aces here and Doubled up.. The $4 bet stinks of a made hand
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2006, 10:17:48 AM »

Whenever I see players make crappy little bets like this I want to smack them round the head. The problem with dealing with them is that it's invariably the bet of someone who either a) fears you making a proper bet if they check or b) has got what they think is close to the nuts and don't want to lose their customer.

In either situation, it's a dreadful bet. In my experience I've had a lot of success raising these with anything, as they're more often a sign of weakness.

In Tighty's situation I would put in a proper raise. If I read the HH right, the pot is currently $70 - I would raise to about $50. If his bet is a sign of weakness (say a weakish King) then you're not going to get much out of him anyway, unless he pairs his kicker, so you're not losing much if he folds. However, if he's sitting there with AA (or even pocket 77 or 88), then a big raise will mean you will double through.

You want to raise to a level whereby, if he calls, a natural progression of sensible size bets will get all the money in the middle. (Turn would be a pot of about $170, you'd have about $285 left - a turn bet of 3/4 would make the pot big enough that a call would mean a river call was mandatory).

Wellchief's point is spot on. The number of times I've seen a suspicious raise which tells me my opponent has a monster is legion. In this situation, I'd also have an advantage in that I'd be betting and raising flops like this even if I didn't have a King, so a big raise from me would totally rule out top set from the range of hands my opponent would have in his head (because he'd naturally assume I'd be slow-playing it).
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: