blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 07:36:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272668 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16722 Members
Latest Member: TheDoubleTop
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Calling for a split at best?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Calling for a split at best?  (Read 3793 times)
BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2012, 02:00:34 PM »

Would you also consider the rake in your calculations as a reason for folding Dave?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2012, 02:06:09 PM »

risking $89 to win $7.50 so there must be about 12x more combos of Ax than QQ, which there obviously is.

1) not to win 7.50 because of rake

2) he has more combos of Ax that get to the river, but it doesn't mean he plays them like this on the river

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2012, 02:42:02 PM »

but there's like 45 combos of Ax and 1 of QQ. Even if he plays only half of them like this it's still a nobrainer call.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2012, 02:48:42 PM »

as a standard people jam this river less than 1% of the time, so we cant give him 45 combos.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2012, 03:06:52 PM »

its not even close to being a nobrainer call imo, I think my exact response to this would be to go "lol, ok" shake my head a little and click the fold btn without much thought at all.

I always get slammed for making these points but there is mental affects of the HU game to consider, its HU so people HnR/lock up all the time, you give your oppo the momentum, you put yourself under additional pressure being the first to lose a buyin etc, risking all this for a long term profit of like $1? Seems pretty pointless to me.

throwing away the odd bit of immediate EV in a bid to stay on top of the battle mentally is a very important part of HU play.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2012, 03:08:12 PM »

yep.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2012, 03:24:48 PM »

its not even close to being a nobrainer call imo, I think my exact response to this would be to go "lol, ok" shake my head a little and click the fold btn without much thought at all.

I always get slammed for making these points but there is mental affects of the HU game to consider, its HU so people HnR/lock up all the time, you give your oppo the momentum, you put yourself under additional pressure being the first to lose a buyin etc, risking all this for a long term profit of like $1? Seems pretty pointless to me.

throwing away the odd bit of immediate EV in a bid to stay on top of the battle mentally is a very important part of HU play.

agree

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2012, 03:36:08 PM »

I often find that players shove here with qx but maybe that's just at micro.levels

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2012, 03:39:33 PM »

why would they ever shove qx ? :S

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2012, 03:43:45 PM »

I mean if we find ourself vs someone who has a 7x pot jam here with Qx in him then we defo wanna be calling Cheesy

You thinking tournaments Iron? Defo different as the stacks are way shallower/people tend to click buttons way more randomly in MTT's than Cash (as a general rule)

Beaver808

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2012, 04:51:04 PM »

I often find that players shove here with qx but maybe that's just at micro.levels

I agree, hence my "is this a level comment".

Down in the micros you've got "the next Phil Ivey" trying to bluff you off the pot with 5 high 99% of the time and showing up with QQ <1% of the time - I think in this situation the stakes become quite an important factor for the most part.

Behavioral therapy guy - England Golf Squad Manager - Micro-stakes grinder

www.radtherapy.co.uk - www.peakstategolf.co.uk
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2012, 02:03:09 AM »

Well if you think he's bluffing/has a Q then click that middle button!

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2012, 01:16:24 PM »

If we fold here we lose through reciprocality though, because we wouldn't play ace x this way. Or does it not matter here cos its such a rare spot. If we were playing this guy for 50k hands and this hand is 689th do we fold?

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2012, 01:22:26 PM »

If we were playing this guy for 50k hands and this hand is 689th do we fold?

It would depend how he had been playing for the previous 688 hands.

Standard fold unless he's show that he's capable of spazzing around imo.

Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2012, 03:44:12 PM »

Is the following theoretical statement true?...

'he needs to be bluffing more than X% for us to call'

Where X is the percentage of QQ combos (one) he has in relation to every other combination of hand he gets to the river with. (which incidentally for this specific hand, I feel is wider than simply Ax as its difficult to find case cards, and in a thinking players mind that river makes the probability of us actually having Ax having check called twice all the more unlikely, therefore its a decent card to bluff)

I totally get the momentum thing in a HU battle and understand that its a fold even though mathematics says differently, but curious to see if people think this statement has any validity. Ta
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 03:57:14 PM by Pinchop73 » Logged

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: