blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:24:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272690 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  live 2 /2. Omaha
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: live 2 /2. Omaha  (Read 2944 times)
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 02:22:39 PM »

I think im getting to the turn if the game is as fishy as it sounds. You can kinda get a good feel as to whether you are good just by judging your opponent on bet size on turn.

Dont mind your flop bet, but i think we can happily bet less, around just under half pot.

I know I'm just repeating what myself, Dan and Dave have already said, but it is really bad to decide to 'get to the turn' with this hand. Look, I have used underline and bold ... that's how strongly I am trying to make the point Wink I wish I knew how to do big fonts, because I'd have given it a font 24 or something lol. It is not at all close, it is such an easy fold.

As regards getting a good feel for whether you are good, well this is actually part of the problem. You have terrible visibility with this hand; even if you hit an underful on the turn it is very tough to play. Of course sometimes you can benefit from live tells, whether they be bet-sizing stuff or physical mannerisms - and this always allows us to take a few more liberties in a live game as compared to an online game. But continuing with this hand is taking this much too far. You have essentially missed the flop with your hand. Honestly, this is not going to be a profitable spot for you.

...if the game is as fishy as it sounds.

Just want to repeat another point that I made: The main way that a multicard PLO game is going to be fishy is because players will stack off with your hand in precisely this sort of spot. Don't be the same as your opponents, because you will be simply joining them in their fishiness.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 02:36:26 PM »

I was genuinely unsure, that's why I posted about 3 hands after! Agree the more I look, the worse betting looks. Totally agree with what your saying, and guess your right with the limping. What's the worst hand we get in? 3 overs to the 9? Like kkqj6? Obviously the pair in our hand kinda sucks, but we're never drawing dead!

The point about 65527 wasn't meaning I should put it in, but more, this gr how the game plays. Twice I saw people call off 100ish bigs with non nut flushes, no backup

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
prettygreen

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 02:47:21 PM »

I think im getting to the turn if the game is as fishy as it sounds. You can kinda get a good feel as to whether you are good just by judging your opponent on bet size on turn.

Dont mind your flop bet, but i think we can happily bet less, around just under half pot.

I know I'm just repeating what myself, Dan and Dave have already said, but it is really bad to decide to 'get to the turn' with this hand. Look, I have used underline and bold ... that's how strongly I am trying to make the point Wink I wish I knew how to do big fonts, because I'd have given it a font 24 or something lol. It is not at all close, it is such an easy fold.

As regards getting a good feel for whether you are good, well this is actually part of the problem. You have terrible visibility with this hand; even if you hit an underful on the turn it is very tough to play. Of course sometimes you can benefit from live tells, whether they be bet-sizing stuff or physical mannerisms - and this always allows us to take a few more liberties in a live game as compared to an online game. But continuing with this hand is taking this much too far. You have essentially missed the flop with your hand. Honestly, this is not going to be a profitable spot for you.

...if the game is as fishy as it sounds.

Just want to repeat another point that I made: The main way that a multicard PLO game is going to be fishy is because players will stack off with your hand in precisely this sort of spot. Don't be the same as your opponents, because you will be simply joining them in their fishiness.

Appreciate your point. Not sure why people use the terms 'terrible' and 'really bad' when we have flopped strong. Think those terms are overused. As per original post, we are just rofling around in the game we are playing less than optimally with 50 bigs. Dont see going broke here is terrible. Maybe not optimum but certainly not terrible.

Anyone gamble these days or do people just datamine millions of hands and find the strongest routes through hands? That isnt a dig at anyone specific, just if i didnt punt now and again my head would asplode.
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2012, 03:12:55 PM »

What's the worst hand we get in? 3 overs to the 9? Like kkqj6? Obviously the pair in our hand kinda sucks, but we're never drawing dead!

Well we are pretty dead vs 99xxx!!

Worst hand I'd get in would be 96xxx, with at least two of the xxx being overs to the 9. And I wouldn't necessarily feel that excited to be getting it in either. I can't emphasise enough how likely it is that IF YOU GET ACTION you are going to be facing at least 96xxx here, and often 99xxx. That extra card makes a huge difference, as does the fact that it was 7 ways to the flop.

Appreciate your point. Not sure why people use the terms 'terrible' and 'really bad' when we have flopped strong. Think those terms are overused.

I agree that those terms are often over-used sometimes. But not in this case. We have not flopped strong. We have essentially missed this flop.

As per original post, we are just rofling around in the game we are playing less than optimally with 50 bigs. Dont see going broke here is terrible. Maybe not optimum but certainly not terrible.

Hero started the hand with 90bbs. If he had a 50bb stack then it becomes more interesting to get all-in here, although I'd usually want better kickers. Much shorter than 50bbs and it becomes a comfortable stack off.

Anyone gamble these days or do people just datamine millions of hands and find the strongest routes through hands? That isnt a dig at anyone specific, just if i didnt punt now and again my head would asplode.

Dude, I play so many hands terribly without meaning to... there is simply no need for me to TRY to play bad. Besides, life is a punt Smiley
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 03:21:00 PM by Honeybadger » Logged
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2012, 03:36:03 PM »

3 outs vs 99 man :-) 6 and four overs to the nine a stack off too?

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2012, 04:16:07 PM »

The odds oracle does equities for 5card PLO, as I know you have a copy Wink you should give it a go thumbs up

nope Sad I had to learn not to make people gamble though as they won't and you'll just do your money

prettygreen

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2012, 04:24:31 PM »

Haha. Sorry my misread i thought we were £110 deep at 2-2.

Lildave - i certainly wasnt referring to you as a nongambler. You sound pretty puntastico!!

One question regarding PLO for u guys. It is safe to assume it is fine to 47 bet all in for 5 million bigs on a  flop with 
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2012, 04:31:53 PM »

6 and four overs to the nine a stack off too?
No. I can't emphasise enough just how nitty you need to play in multi-card PLO games when the flop is multiway.
strak33

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2012, 04:33:49 PM »

Honeybadger really is trying here to help. Just listen to him.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2012, 04:39:19 PM »

Ok cheers, thanks for the help. Definitely helped a lot. Time to get odds oracle out and smash equities for hours!

Edit: Strak I'm listening, just asking questions too, I'm not sure if I'm coming across herecorrectly, but I'm most certainly taking on advice. I felt the need to clarify the exact standards in the game etc, to check, instead of not giving enough info and not learning because the answers would change. Brutal someone described this as rofling around, quite possibly true, my 4card game is ok, and 5/6 isn't quite there. I knew nitty gr right but didn't realise how tight. I knew this was a spot I felt wasn't right and wanted to check. Advice is perfect as always. I'll post when I can, only play when its a+ or hold'em has died, and even then I need to fancy it, cheers guys, especially honeybadger and Mr Morgan, having to answer the questions with, still fold must be frustrating, but it is appreciated!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 05:46:45 AM by rfgqqabc » Logged

prettygreen

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2012, 04:40:29 PM »

Honeybadger really is trying here to help. Just listen to him.

I defo am fine with the advice. For me i would take his line if we were just a touch deeper and actually grinding the game rather than rofling around in a game we dont know a lot about.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2012, 05:08:01 PM »

One question regarding PLO for u guys. It is safe to assume it is fine to 47 bet all in for 5 million bigs on a  flop with 

yup you can go pretty nutso here and feel great about it

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2012, 05:31:35 PM »

because I'd have given it a font 24 or something lol.

Working from change colour, 1 left is font style, 1 more left is the A with an up and down arrow.

clicking that will get the following with all square brackets, anything inside is now big Smiley {size=24pts][/size}

IS IT
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2012, 07:33:58 PM »

Working from change colour, 1 left is font style, 1 more left is the A with an up and down arrow.

clicking that will get the following with all square brackets, anything inside is now big Smiley {size=24pts][/size}

IS IT

Thanks  Mr  Bean
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2012, 05:47:51 AM »

Tried to edit earlier and didn't hit post. Sorry to bump, just want the edit seen

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: