blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 09:30:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272670 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1591 1592 1593 1594 [1595] 1596 1597 1598 1599 ... 2344 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3619582 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #23910 on: December 16, 2013, 10:41:07 AM »

Have a great trip.

Looking forward to the diary installments.

Feliz Navidad.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23911 on: December 17, 2013, 11:06:48 AM »

I think they call it Poole because it's so wet. We're half expecting an ark instead of a ferry.

Had a good sleep & a good breakfast. Ready for the off.

Click to see full-size image.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23912 on: December 23, 2013, 09:57:40 AM »

Testing a theory.

typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #23913 on: December 23, 2013, 10:20:06 AM »

Testing a theory.

Looks good there Tom
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23914 on: December 23, 2013, 10:25:39 AM »

I noticed that uploading big files to photobucket is slow and uses a lot of data, whereas if I email them home to the girls I get the option to resize them.

It dawned on me that if I copy myself in to my own email, I get a resized copy of the picture to use as i like.

The poor quality pic above was taken last night nr the Spain / Portugal border. A boat came within about 200 yes of the beach, and about 20 people swam ashore.

What do you think that was all about?

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23915 on: December 23, 2013, 10:28:20 AM »

GIMP

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23916 on: December 23, 2013, 10:29:25 AM »

... or you can quickly edit images on your phone to reduce their size.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #23917 on: December 23, 2013, 11:02:12 AM »

You certainly picked a bad time weather wise ,Tom I hope your crossing goes ok
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #23918 on: December 23, 2013, 11:32:28 AM »

GIMP

IrfanView is another option, the installer file is around 40 times smaller than GIMP.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #23919 on: December 23, 2013, 12:05:53 PM »

I noticed that uploading big files to photobucket is slow and uses a lot of data, whereas if I email them home to the girls I get the option to resize them.

It dawned on me that if I copy myself in to my own email, I get a resized copy of the picture to use as i like.

The poor quality pic above was taken last night nr the Spain / Portugal border. A boat came within about 200 yes of the beach, and about 20 people swam ashore.

What do you think that was all about?

Presumably a Ryanair cruise
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23920 on: December 24, 2013, 06:14:44 AM »

The crossing was a bit rough in places. The sea is so effortlessly powerful. I spent ages on deck watching as it tossed our huge vessel about as if it was weightless.  Mrs Red felt a bit Moby Dick during the worst of it,  so she retired to bed in our cabin. The cabins were amazing BTW, only about 10ft square but plenty of room for two beds, a wardrobe, a toilet and a shower.

When docked in Santander the weather was awful. Freezing cold, windy and raining. So we googled to find a good free camp for the night, ( 'wildcamping' is the the popular term) and we're glad to find that there was a wildlife park nearby that didn't mind people overnighting on its car park. We had a quick supper and went to bed to the sound of elephants trumpeting and lions roaring.

The next day the weather was no better so we decided to high tail it south ASAP. We drove for about 100 miles through a fabulous mountain range, all twisty turny roads with sheer drops. We stooped for the night on a street in Madrid, the weather was a bit warmer now but still not shirt-sleevesque.

The following day, we rocked up on the Andalucian coast via Seville. It's lovely here, sunny days,  loads of pretty little villages with quiet beaches. This  part of the world, in fact most of Europe, is very camper friendly, so it is really easy to find free places to stay, usually in the company of one or two other eccentric couples. We use phrase books, arm waving and play acting to share campfire stories and pass on important information.

We crossed the border into Portugal yesterday. The Portuguese don't make much of Christmas, which is fine by us, but some savvy local campers told us about a nearby hotel that's doing a 5 course Crimbo dinner and show at 8pm on Christmas day, £25 quid each all in, so we're going to check that out in the morning.

I've added a few pics, they look ok on my phone but let me know if they are too small for viewing on a computer.

TTFN.

I hope your Christmas is a safe and happy one. xx.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 06:17:59 AM by RED-DOG » Logged

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23921 on: December 24, 2013, 06:33:20 AM »

GIMP

IrfanView is another option, the installer file is around 40 times smaller than GIMP.

Need this stuff explaining in glorious technophobe. Imagine you are talking to a member of the Hadza tribe.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23922 on: December 24, 2013, 06:44:24 AM »

While we're into technical stuff, my phone didn't come with a memory card so it stores everything to the phone memory. I have about 1gig of space left atm.

If I buy and install an sd card, how do I utilise it to free up phone memory? Do I transfer stuff to it, and if so what? Do I direct the phone to store new stuff there from now on?

Advice appreciated, Hadza tribe rules still apply.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23923 on: December 24, 2013, 09:38:33 AM »

You can move apps to the sd card instead of the phone memory, using one of a number of apps called app2sd and similar catchy names.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23924 on: December 24, 2013, 09:39:13 AM »

GIMP

Good shout. I use photoshop, so don't know the pros and cons of the free image editing software available. Guess it doesn't need to do too much anyway.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 09:40:45 AM by kinboshi » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 1591 1592 1593 1594 [1595] 1596 1597 1598 1599 ... 2344 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: