blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 03:44:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272716 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  blonde Camera Club
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 ... 112 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde Camera Club  (Read 258745 times)
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #960 on: July 21, 2012, 12:39:15 PM »

Lovely photos Geo 

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #961 on: July 22, 2012, 11:48:39 AM »

Just found this section of the site - will have to start from beginning of thread when I have some time. I am starting to get back into photography since getting some high end DSLR's for the video side of our business.

Good video on firework photography here:

http://youtu.be/D3P8GwMCOr8 (Jared Polin is one of those love him or hate him characters so not all will like his style but he gives good advice)

re: Millidonk's image wrapping

Here's one I did for one of the guys in a local band:

Click to see full-size image.

That's the dorset flag on his face Smiley

Gavin Hoey does some great videos on photoshop techniques - http://www.youtube.com/user/PhotoGavin

Thanks for the link to Hoey Mike, he covers quite a spread with really good vids.

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
luckyblind

Why did I call myself lucky?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #962 on: July 22, 2012, 03:21:47 PM »

Thanks for the link to Hoey Mike, he covers quite a spread with really good vids.

Geo

Yeah he has a good portfolio. There is also a website he writes for which is worth looking at www.tipsquirrel.com. Some of the other contributors quite good too.

D 4 Events - Deepstack & Short-Handed Poker Festivals across Europe. €500 main events with €300 & €200 Side Events.

Great Structures, Fantastic Venues, Affordable entry fees.

PM for more info.
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #963 on: July 22, 2012, 03:22:32 PM »

Geo

Yeah he has a good portfolio. There is also a website he writes for which is worth looking at www.tipsquirrel.com. Some of the other contributors quite good too.

Thank you

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #964 on: July 27, 2012, 10:35:28 AM »

I'm looking to buy a waterproof (as in 3-5m of water) compact at the moment. Ideally <£150. Olympus Tough range seems to do well. Any suggestions/experience from anyone on here?

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #965 on: July 27, 2012, 01:27:54 PM »

I'm looking to buy a waterproof (as in 3-5m of water) compact at the moment. Ideally <£150. Olympus Tough range seems to do well. Any suggestions/experience from anyone on here?

John Black mentioned some in Prose from a Poshboy earlier
Can't remember off the top of my head mate but a lot of guys at work have the same 'hardcore' waterproof to 10m, shockproof and dropproof cameras and I think they were 12mp and about £110 ..

They absolutely LOVE them and tue underwater pics are epic.

Agree 3x 4gb cards and I personally prefer the 'higher speed' 15mb/ sec transfer rate.  Make sure you get a photo-stitch program so you can take sick panoramics and make sure you take them all portrait style and take an extra one or two (5+ photos) Makes them bigger and much much sexier imo.

Smiley

Give him a nudge for make etc?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
luckyblind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #966 on: August 02, 2012, 01:52:33 AM »

Thought I'd share a few recent pics.

The first are taken at Ferne Animal Sanctuary in Somerset where my partner works. It's a great place and the animals get cared for really well. I enjoy spending time helping out, mostly walking the some of the dogs & putting the animals away at night.

This one is the lead singer of a band called Ameira who were playing a gig in Hull I went up to see:

Last one is of our nutcase but loveable Husky/German Shepherd X - Colonel (inherited name as he was 2 when gf took him in after 4 re-homing attempts failed)

D 4 Events - Deepstack & Short-Handed Poker Festivals across Europe. €500 main events with €300 & €200 Side Events.

PM for more info.
luckyblind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #967 on: August 02, 2012, 02:04:14 AM »

Whilst working my way gradually back through this thread I saw the blond updating team were looking for a new lens. The Canon 50mm f1.8 is a brilliant low cost lens for less than £100 new. It's nick-named the plastic fantastic and if you have a Canon DSLR you should think about adding one to your kit.

Because of the wide aperture setting it is great for low light. Set it to f1.8 on Av mode and you will get great pics. Resolution is good enough on the camera you have that you can crop to zoom for web pics so lack of zoom is not an issue. It will give a very shallow depth of field if you are close to your subject so step back if you want a deeper depth of field.

There is also now a 40mm f.28 Canon lens for less than £200 new which will give you a slightly wider view but not as wide an aperture.

When the coffers grow the 24-70 & 70-200 2.8L lenses are the business for poker photography and most of the Canon using pro's would have them. You'll probably get better results from your camera & these lenses than cheaper lenses & more expensive camera.

PM for more info.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #968 on: August 14, 2012, 07:07:01 PM »

Sport is this month's theme isn't it?

I'll take that as a yes Smiley

I liked this basically because of all the flowers

Flames are always cool obv.

Those are just generically sporty pics really

I liked how dynamic this picture seemed - also during this final I realised just how hard it is to take photo's of football, simillarly with basketball

I might be letting my imagination get the better of me but this made me think of cowboy films - with a lone Yank ready to take out all the bad guys Cheesy

I just thought the press scrum looked cool

same with that one - I just played around with loads of settings until I thought it looked cool Cheesy

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #969 on: August 20, 2012, 05:32:59 PM »

Just started using HDR software to improve some of my pics. Its always a balance between improving them without going to far so they look over edited. Here's a few, what do people think, are they ok or edited too much?

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #970 on: August 20, 2012, 10:13:00 PM »

Is it just me, or do they look more like paintings than photographs?

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #971 on: August 20, 2012, 10:25:27 PM »

They can sometimes, that is the danger and why I'm asking. However the last picture I put there deliberately as I think it is as you suggest, but the reason I put it there is for comparison as it has not been edited at all.

This is why I'm asking anyway, I just want to know if I have gone too far with it, so other opinions are welcome too.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #972 on: August 20, 2012, 10:29:52 PM »

They can sometimes, that is the danger and why I'm asking. However the last picture I put there deliberately as I think it is as you suggest, but the reason I put it there is for comparison as it has not been edited at all.

This is why I'm asking anyway, I just want to know if I have gone too far with it, so other opinions are welcome too.

The 5 photos above your last one definitely look like paintings.  They remind me of those artsy postcards ya get of famous places in big cities around the world.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #973 on: August 21, 2012, 08:45:40 AM »

They look a bit arty to me, Woodsey.

I prefer proper photos, not messed about with.

Do you still have the unmessedaboutwith versions? I'd like to see them if you have.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #974 on: August 21, 2012, 11:26:44 AM »

What a beast.

Ah! The element of surprise
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 ... 112 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: