blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 02:49:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272683 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Straddles
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Straddles  (Read 848 times)
silverslick

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2009, 10:41:04 AM »

I was watching poker on TV recently and a straddle was added. Why do people straddle and what is the impact on the game? Do straddles only happen in live games or do you get them online?
dousche

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 09:18:05 PM »

as far as i know theres no site with straddling allowed in cash games. theres no real strategic advantage to straddling, but some argue that they help to loosen your image and how loose others play. in my experience though they're generally used by players that are bored to add a bit of spice too the game by making pots bigger.
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 11:14:12 PM »

Wouldn't be surprised to see them online soon as well though (with iPoker following in a few years Wink )

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 01:07:49 AM »

Wouldn't be surprised to see them online soon as well though (with iPoker following in a few years Wink )

I'm trying to work out if that is good or bad for the grinders, on balance a good thing perhaps.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 01:22:20 AM »

as far as i know theres no site with straddling allowed in cash games. theres no real strategic advantage to straddling, but some argue that they help to loosen your image and how loose others play. in my experience though they're generally used by players that are bored to add a bit of spice too the game by making pots bigger.

That's possibly a bit reductive

Here's a good thread from the past on the subject.

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=30063.0

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: