blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 09:50:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272657 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Everyone has one so why not..
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 ... 366 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everyone has one so why not..  (Read 632031 times)
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: December 03, 2010, 11:55:00 PM »

Either way obv missing out on making it would suck.

agreed

nitting on you for absolutely no practicable reason other than the joy of nitting on you

carry on

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: December 04, 2010, 12:08:46 AM »

Either way obv missing out on making it would suck.

agreed

nitting on you for absolutely no practicable reason other than the joy of nitting on you

carry on

Haha,no botha.While your spare "nitting" on me you can give me some advice.I'm debating on whether I should drop the 27's from my schedule while I'm doing the prop bet with 2+2ers.The prop is max profit wins:the 6's have 10 ppl in it 80/20 split so winner gets $800,The 12's will have 5ppl in winner takes all and gets $1k.Would you keep the same schedule I'm currently doing to reach SN quicker or drop them to give a greater chance of winning the prop ?
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: December 04, 2010, 12:34:07 AM »

I'd carry on as you are. You're killing the 27s at the moment so keep on killing them. You reduce your chances of winning the prop when you mix in the 27s sure, but you don't eradicate them entirely.
Also, losing props gets you action in the future, as you aptly demonstrated to the amusement of everybody who didn't bet $100 against you earlier in the year. Smiley

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: December 04, 2010, 12:36:13 AM »

I'd carry on as you are. You're killing the 27s at the moment so keep on killing them. You reduce your chances of winning the prop when you mix in the 27s sure, but you don't eradicate them entirely.
Also, losing props gets you action in the future, as you aptly demonstrated to the amusement of everybody who didn't bet $100 against you earlier in the year. Smiley

Cheers for the response.
Rod

View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: December 05, 2010, 06:15:49 PM »

This might be my favorite thread on any forum atm. Great example of how a diary/blog should be done. Do you find it gives you extra motivation?

I would love to see Ray's strategy for these but as he says earlier it is probably not wise to make that to readily available so will content myself with reading this.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: December 05, 2010, 09:42:43 PM »

This might be my favorite thread on any forum atm. Great example of how a diary/blog should be done. Do you find it gives you extra motivation?

I would love to see Ray's strategy for these but as he says earlier it is probably not wise to make that to readily available so will content myself with reading this.

I wouldn't say it motivates me.I like the idea of when I'm done at some point it'll be good to look back on it and to see how a was feeling at different points of this and also how it was going.As Laxie mentioned on her blog/diary it's the reader who makes the thread really as I'm sure it gets quite boring me just saying the same things but it's much better if people post or ask questions etc.Cheers for the comments,appreciated.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: December 06, 2010, 04:38:52 PM »

The prop started yday for max profit and finishes this Sunday night.Didn't play yesterday as I went out and not sure if am going to play tonight either,probs not as I normally fade it if I'm debating whether to bother or not.Nobody had a good start in 12's with only one person +190 or summit the rest where all -.As for the 6's few ppl had decent starts but can still obv catch after one day.I'll be on it all week from tmoro and hoping to ship one of them with the 12's looking more likely at the minute but not to fussed if I don't win as it's just for a bit of fun really,I've got enough motivation to get to SN.

Really looking forward to watching the cricket tonight.We should be able to get the win as long as we don't run bad with the weather.Since the first day of the first test we've been excellent imo and I'm really glad I've been able to watch quite a bit of it with having the flexibility of being able to grind at anytime.

I really can't believe we've sacked Hughton today.It's an absolutely diabolical decision from a man who once again shows how totally clueless he is at running this club.Yeah the results haven't been to great as of late but we've still had a decent season and I was sure we'd do enough to stay up,that confidence is now gone and I hope I'm wrong in thinking that he's planning to bring Joke Kinnear in because I give up if that's how it pans out but I would not be surprised.A month ago the place was buzzing we came off an amazing 5-1 win at Sunderland to then go to Arsenal and win,a month later we sack the manager.It could only happen at Newcastle.Huge,huge sigh!!!!!!!!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: December 06, 2010, 06:43:22 PM »

100 pages Mondy - congrats!

Here's to the next 100.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: December 06, 2010, 06:52:31 PM »

Here's to the next 100.

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: December 06, 2010, 06:53:21 PM »

Here's to the next 100.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: December 06, 2010, 08:18:10 PM »

Thanks,I'm definitely planning to keep this going although I might make a few changes to my daily updates in the new year.
swinebag22

View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: December 06, 2010, 10:57:20 PM »

I really enjoy this and have read most of the last 20 or 30 pages. I have a few questions (and apologise for my laziness if they've been asked and answered earlier in the thread before)

1. how many tables do you have running at one time
2. what games are you mainly playing
3. how many hours a day

keep up the good work!
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: December 06, 2010, 11:14:35 PM »

The age old question that is....

Is playing poker for a living gambling ?

Imo what I do isn't.I'd class me taking a shot at the Million this Sunday as Gambling but playing these long term I'm going to make money so I don't see it as me gambling as such.But then poker is gambling so am I talking a load of cobswallops ?

I'm not trying to suggest that I'm not a gambler and it's not that I mind being classed as a "gambler" as such.I'm just interested in whether people who play poker think I'm talking bs like me Mam just did.I very rarely read much on 2+2 but every time I do I seem to read something interesting on there about the minds of gamblers.The last time it was the concept of people who gamble actually enjoy the feeling of losing and subconsciously that's why they carry on gambling where they have no edge in a game i.e playing the bandits.

The "Bandits" (fruit machines) are a proper vice of mine.I am addicted to them.Every time I go to a pub if there is a one I'll notice it and I think about playing on it but I do manage to control myself to not as I know that no matter how much is in my pocket I'll put every penny in if I'm losing,which with bandits is most of the time.I didn't used to have that sort of self control though and although I've never lost ridiculous amounts on them I'd say numerous times I'll have lost £100-150 chasing a £70 jackpot.Now,I know I'm not the brightest or the shrewdest but even I know that's not a good bet.

If I put £200 on a football match;I'd say I've only done this once as I don't go too daft with sports betting but anyway,if I lost £200 betting on a match I'd be fine with that as I'd chosen to do it but with the bandits it's totally different as I never went on it thinking I was going to put all the money in my pocket in the machine but when it happens I'll just be absolutely steaming for the rest of the day.It's hard to explain or reason why it bothers me that much,maybe it's the stupidity of it or maybe it's the fact I know it's getting a hold of me,again.I miss not playing on them as the first £10-20 is pretty fun but after that it just turns into a huge grind and that bit I don't miss.

I'd be interested in reading some stuff about the minds of gamblers and what I mentioned above specifically if anyone knows of anything worthwhile reading,I'd imagine there is a ton of rubbish but also some really interesting reads/ideas.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: December 06, 2010, 11:16:19 PM »

I really enjoy this and have read most of the last 20 or 30 pages. I have a few questions (and apologise for my laziness if they've been asked and answered earlier in the thread before)

1. how many tables do you have running at one time 24
2. what games are you mainly playing 6's,12's and 27's
3. how many hours a day 12 at the minute to reach SN,thinking I'm going to stick with that even when I've got there as I find 12 pretty much as easy to do as 10.

keep up the good work!
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: December 06, 2010, 11:55:02 PM »

100 n.o - cracking innings so far
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 ... 366 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: