blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 12:37:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272672 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Scottish Football Betting & General Discussion Thread (Open to All)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scottish Football Betting & General Discussion Thread (Open to All)  (Read 87928 times)
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 10, 2015, 05:24:16 PM »

Scottish related in a way but I fully expected Alex Neil to hve Gary Hooper back in the Norwich line up today as its a player he would have been very familiar after his time up here.  As a result I meant to back Hooper in my anytime lucky 15, sadly I I forgot to place the bet earlier.  I'm literally rushed off y feet had to go do a big shop today, the Mrs is having her pal and man over for dinner which inevitably eans I had to cook as well.  so from 9 -  12 ish we were shopping, from 12:30 - 2:49 (alarm was set) I was placing a few bets.  Only remembered the lanytime lucky 15 when I heard the ping on sky sports app as I was trying to make lunch at same time for the niece.  FML. 

The upside is I never backed Airdrie as a single, but I did have them in my muggy acca.  WP me. 

Nice wins for Dundee/Morton.  Shame about the other games being off.    I have made a smallish profit but had the anytime scorer got on we'd have been quids in. 
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 13, 2015, 09:04:51 PM »

Celtic have approached Dundee United over a pre-contract negotiation for Gary McKay Steven, could be a good signing for us.  But our record from signing other Scottish clubs in recent times isn't great. 

Happy to be corrected but only Agathe, McNamara and Brown stand out.  There are far more failures imo. 

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 16, 2015, 10:24:08 PM »

Mackay steven signed a pre contract apparently. That mean the end for commons?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 17, 2015, 11:45:46 AM »

Mackay steven signed a pre contract apparently. That mean the end for commons?

Probably. 

I think Commons wil go to Bolton, I've thought this since Lennon got the job. 

GMS has loads of potential, I hope he turns out to be as good as McNamara/Agathe and not a Willo Flood/David Fernandez type for us.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 17, 2015, 01:13:57 PM »

Quite a few games postponed today, and even in places were games go ahead conditions are likely to be tricky. 

I'm stickiing up a few bankers to start with and I'll pop up a few lively bets that should get us a sweat.  even in such cold conditions. 

As a small single, I think there might be a bit o value in backing Hamilton against Celtic in the live game at 12.45, I thought about 13/2 was the right price for Accies and can see there is 15/2 available.  Celtic never managed to win any of their bounce games in Gran Canaria last week.  Remains to see if there will be a bit of rust there as there hasn't been a competitive match in 12 days.   Hamilton obviously suffered the loss of their manager last week and they were caught cold by Dundee United mid-week and after going down 2 - 0 fought back to 2 - 2.  From a betting perspective I'd hope they have snapped out their self pitty mode and give Celtic a game.  As a Celtic fan I obviously want us to win by a few but at 15/2 Coral need punished. 

Aberdeen are probably the biggest banker in the SPL at the moment but I think they are actually plenty short enough today and would struggle to back them at the prices. 

I quite like Thistle away to St Johnstone, Thistle haven't played near as bad as the results suggest according to my season ticket holding former colleague.   They have been struggling with injuries but appear to have a full compliment to chose from today PTFC @ 12/5 With Coral/Baldy/Tote.

Big game in the Championshp for me is Falkirk v Queen of the South.  I must admit I was surprised to see The Doonhammers at 9/4.  Seems plenty generous.  I'd have made them a good bit shorter.  They are a decent footballing team but a tad inconsistent and if they turn up today the 9/4 could look pretty big at full time. 

The last outsider of the ones I think will provide a sweat today is Airdrie, I expect them to bounceback from last week against the inconsistent Dunfermline.  Airdrie have done relatively well for me in games I have backed them.  18/5 still seems a bit big.  I have been impressed by how Gary Bollan has turned things around after a pretty horrendous start to the season.  I expect to see him land a bigger job in future. 

The Bankers:

Morton 5/6
Peterhead 3/4
Stranraer 5/6

OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 17, 2015, 01:32:53 PM »

All looks good. I am on Peterhead in various bets. Surprised game is on tbh, must be better up there!

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 17, 2015, 03:05:32 PM »

All looks good. I am on Peterhead in various bets. Surprised game is on tbh, must be better up there!

i am surprised the Elgin game is off it ain't that bad around here

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 17, 2015, 03:10:46 PM »

i am surprised the Elgin game is off it ain't that bad around here

Might be frozen underfoot. 

Do you live in Elgin Iron?  I know a few bhoys from the Elgin Che Guevara CSC.  Good bunch. 
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 17, 2015, 03:15:46 PM »

Small village 8 miles away

Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 17, 2015, 03:51:43 PM »

Scottish related in a way but I fully expected Alex Neil to hve Gary Hooper back in the Norwich line up today as its a player he would have been very familiar after his time up here.  As a result I meant to back Hooper in my anytime lucky 15, sadly I I forgot to place the bet earlier.  I'm literally rushed off y feet had to go do a big shop today, the Mrs is having her pal and man over for dinner which inevitably eans I had to cook as well.  so from 9 -  12 ish we were shopping, from 12:30 - 2:49 (alarm was set) I was placing a few bets.  Only remembered the lanytime lucky 15 when I heard the ping on sky sports app as I was trying to make lunch at same time for the niece.  FML. 

I hope maybe a few folk took this onboard this week as well. 
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 17, 2015, 04:22:39 PM »

This is going pretty bad today.  Should have just left it.  I almost did. 

If we somehow get lucky and escape this I may start believing in the Holy one again.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 21, 2015, 12:29:26 AM »

rumour has it there is a new mystery bidder in to buy rangers

he is supposed to be a lottery winner

his wife was over heard saying she doesnt know what he would of done if the 4th number didnt come in

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 21, 2015, 01:39:25 AM »

Michael Carroll?

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 21, 2015, 07:01:43 AM »

Michael Carroll?

Could bring in his mate Johnny Adair as chief of security. 
Micko

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 21, 2015, 08:41:26 AM »

Michael Carroll?

Could bring in his mate Johnny Adair as chief of security. 

And big Nazi Nick as his number two😀
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: