blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:11:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272686 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  post your washing stories here
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: post your washing stories here  (Read 3716 times)
xxMAIRxx

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2007, 09:09:30 PM »

Surf the Pink one, smells gr8

Comfort Concentrate - the Pink one - smells gr8

Vaporesse Ironing Water - The Pink one - smells gr8

LOL pink isnt my favourite colour it just happens to smell the nicest out of all the kinds u can buy.

Washing Line (When its not raining) if not radiators are brill for drying the clothes

40 wash tends to be a good clean for the clothes.
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2007, 09:22:54 PM »

I use ASDA washing powder.  For dishes I use a mint squeezy stuff.  When I used to have a dish washer I made the mistake of putting squeezy liquid in when I ran out of tablets once.  I came home from work that night to find bubbles all over the floor. 
charmaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2007, 09:38:42 PM »

Fairy wash liquid and conditioner , dryer, airer or line if its nice out .

Forgot to add i wash most things on 40 , also have a nice little cycle for those hand wash items  Smiley

« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 10:25:04 PM by charmaine » Logged

" Kind words can be short and easy to speak , but there echoes are truly endless " -Mother Theresa
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2007, 09:44:14 PM »

I think you lot are possibly on drugs

Posser bly
ok so i cant spell ..what the hell, i have got a sort of decent personality..xx

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2007, 10:18:27 PM »

I think you lot are possibly on drugs

Posser bly
ok so i cant spell ..what the hell, i have got a sort of decent personality..xx

You can spell Maureen. "posser bly" was a Tom Pun. "Posser", see.....?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2007, 10:22:19 PM »

Ariel liquid tabs, comfort conditioner....the clothes line to dry when it's sunny...only wash on Economy 60 for the whites and 40 for the colours

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Stone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2007, 10:26:43 PM »

I think this post should probably go on the Ironing thread !

For the record my Mum didn't agree with the instructions!

Stars - stoneleighrd = Betfair - stone_clm
party - bubblesqueak
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2007, 10:44:48 PM »

What happened to Omo ?

Did Tank start this thread ?

Questions, questions, questions....

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2007, 10:57:57 PM »

What happened to Omo ?

Goimg back a few years, all washing powders had short, snappy names. Omo, Daz, Surf.

And cars all ended in, (many still do) genuinely or phonetically, in "a" or "er".

Viva, Cresta, Anglia, Astra, Cortina, Fiesta, Nova, Panda, Honda, Chrysler, Rover, Kia, Commer, Minor. Even, dare I say, Beemer......

OK, I'll go to bed, Nurse is here.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2007, 10:58:31 PM »

What happened to Omo ?

Omo is still widely available in West Africa.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2007, 11:01:29 PM »

After that, the buzz word for washing powder was " New Bio" and then that went out of fashion and we had "NEW NON-BIO" instead.

An advertising mogul said to his minions "New is an old word, find a new word"

The older I get, the better I was.
Jim-D

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2007, 11:02:38 PM »

This thread has made me face up to the fact that the back log of washing currently taking up 70% of my bathroom will not magically clean itself

now i must 
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2007, 11:07:00 PM »

since becoming single, & breaking 2 washing machines in the space of 6 months   I visit what my old mum used to call the Bendix   no idea what temperature the things on, just shove it all in & hope for the best  Smiley

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
xxMAIRxx

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2007, 11:12:03 PM »

since becoming single, & breaking 2 washing machines in the space of 6 months   I visit what my old mum used to call the Bendix   no idea what temperature the things on, just shove it all in & hope for the best  Smiley

ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2007, 12:00:50 AM »

Oooooh I have a washing story!!
Every Saturday I have the kids round mine generally causing havoc and cutting sheets of paper up into little bits for some reason??
Anyway a couple of weeks ago they were upstairs (with a friend each!!) trashing the bedrooms so I decided I’d tidy the utility up...
Now there are a couple of things to mention, firstly I have converted what was a side passage and coal shed/outside loo at my house into a utility room where I have my washing machine and tumble drier, there is a door to the front and to the back garden.
There are a few snagging jobs still to do one of which is to replace the rotten back door.
Secondly as I live alone there isn’t too much pressure on when the washing gets done, I have a simple system.
It’s cyclical.
When clothes are dirty I open the kitchen door (to the utility) and throw clothes into a pile.
When I have ran out of clean clothes I fill the machine.
When they are washed (if I remember!!!) I move them to the drier, emptying the drier onto a large shelf of clean clothes.
I basically pick clothes off this shelf when needed, iron and out the door!
So this day I go into the utility and gather all the clean clothes from the shelf into an armful and take them upstairs to my bedroom and throw them onto the bed.
I went back down into the utility to do some other stuff when there came the most awful screams from the several kids upstairs and them come crashing downstairs.
Anyone who has kids can tell when something is seriously wrong by the tone or pitch of the scream and I knew something was wrong, my heart leapt almost as quickly as I did as I ran to where they were thundering down the stairs.
“WHAT IS IT?” I scream absolutely terrified.
“THERE’S A RAT ON YOUR BED!!!!!” they all yell back in unison and in obvious distress, now this had a bad reaction on me as I am terrified of all things rodentwise and I start screaming hysterically myself, worsened by the dawning fact that I had just carried the evil thing in my arms!!!!!
After what seemed several hours of me and 6 odd kids (I never counted them in) jumping around screaming in terror I decided I had to face the demon.
Grabbing a broom handle and washing up bowl (don’t ask) I VERY hesitantly climbed the stairs to what I genuinely believed to be a bloodthirsty, rabid beast intent on eating my eyes still in their sockets, did I mention I’m scared of rodents?
There it was on my bed an erm mouse, about an inch and a half long with a tail about the same but it may aswell have been 3 ft long with razor sharp teeth, it made no difference in my eyes.
It was just sitting on the pile of washing on the bed watching me, I swear I actually heard Richard Burton doing the war of the worlds bit in my ear “………with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us” thinking about it it doesn’t really fit but it scared me to hell.
Anyway as I have waffled for so long already I’ll skip to the bit where I eventually trap the little bugger in a cupboard in the room, blocking it’s escape with a bit of plywood I had.
I now try to catch the thing under the washing up bowl (see it makes sense now) with absolute zero effect, well to it anyway, it would do a lap, I’d drop the bowl, miss it and it would leap at the side wall bounce off and propel itself at my eyes (that’s what I thought anyway) and I’d run off onto the landing knocking kids out of the way as I ran!!
Pluck up the courage to return and repeat the process innumerable times.
After about half an hour I decide this isn’t going to work I need a new plan, so I decide to call Sarah my ex because after I left she bought a cat and through the next few months accumulated a few more (I call her the catwoman of Kingshurst these days).
The kids tell me that Bruno is the best “ratter” and I say to Sarah “bring me Bruno I have a mouse and I need him to catch it for me”
She replies somewhere along the lines of “don’t be so bloody stupid, you pathetic idiot; you’re a grown man act like one”.
An intense argument ensues with me basically announcing I’m moving back in with her and the kids because I’m not sleeping in this house ever again with this vicious creature stalking the rooms at night.
She relents, abuses me for another 5 minutes before hanging up saying she’ll be here soon as.
Meantime I have another go at catching the mouse which of course I promptly do, I trap him under the bowl and place a few items on top to prevent it’s escape, an old amp, bookcase, chest of draws, wardrobe etc.
Luckily I did because Sarah shows up without Bruno “the best ratter” but with Stitch instead whom the kids were pretty derogatory towards because her ratting skills apparently leave much to be desired.
I toyed with several disposal methods ranging from releasing the mouse into the cupboard with Stitch (quickly dismissed because I now had images of the cat just licking it and letting it go), leaving it under the bowl for several weeks to die(even more quickly dismissed because I had visions of it knawing through the floorboards and hunting me down for food to get it through another year) and eventually settled for sliding a board beneath it, taping the bowl to the board (I used an entire roll of tape!!), taking it into the garden and letting it go.
So it ended with my reputation in the kids eyes slightly tarnished LOL, Sarah still thinking I’ a complete prat, me sleeping on the settee for 2 weeks and keeping Stitch for 5 days (just in case).
I have since rat proofed the utility (airtight I shouldn’t wonder) and never leave washing lying around.
The end

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: