blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:44:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272686 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8476 8477 8478 8479 [8480] 8481 8482 8483 8484 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13509414 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #127185 on: April 13, 2017, 02:38:59 PM »

Boston Celtics won their division so that NBA bet is a winner. They also beat Cleveland to the number one seeding. The Spurs are number two seed in the west.

thank you

could you look through these? any other losers to take yet?

basketball   NBA Coach of the year   Brad Stevens   8/1   20         
basketball   All NBA First team   Towns   13/5   15         
basketball   NBA Top points scorer    Harden   3/1   20         
basketball   western conference   spurs    5/1   30         
basketball   NBA Championship   spurs    8/1   30         
basketball   NBA Defensive player   Leonard   4/1   20         

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #127186 on: April 13, 2017, 03:13:43 PM »

Leicester playing at their optimum in the circumstances and opposition

Great Grinding ..........could they grind it out like the Greeks did in The Euros 2004  ?

50-1 seems okay with 8 teams left

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/champions-league/winner

got to be worth £30
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #127187 on: April 13, 2017, 03:20:05 PM »

Boston Celtics won their division so that NBA bet is a winner. They also beat Cleveland to the number one seeding. The Spurs are number two seed in the west.

thank you

could you look through these? any other losers to take yet?

basketball   NBA Coach of the year   Brad Stevens   8/1   20         
basketball   All NBA First team   Towns   13/5   15         
basketball   NBA Top points scorer    Harden   3/1   20         
basketball   western conference   spurs    5/1   30         
basketball   NBA Championship   spurs    8/1   30         
basketball   NBA Defensive player   Leonard   4/1   20         

Harden came second as top point scorer due to Russell Westbrook having an absolutely amazing season so that's a loser.

I don't think they announced any of the voting yet. Summary below.

Coach of the year. Despite beating Cleveland to the top seed on the East I don't expect Stevens to win. I think D'Antoni of the Rockets will win for turning them into a free scoring championship contending team. Or Popovich will win for his master management of the San Antonio veterans. The Miami coach might have snuck it had he led them to the playoffs - he will possibly be third place.

For defensive player of the year I'd rate Leonard as third, behind Gobert of Utah and Green of Golden State.

For the all NBA Team they announce the three best lineups. I think Towns will make the third team, possibly the second, but not the first team as he couldn't lead his team to the playoffs.

So I think those three will be losers but not confirmed yet.

Did we not bet Giannis Antetokounmpo for most improved player? I thought we did. I think he has a great shot to win this one as he had a fantastic season.

San Antonio very much in contention for the Western Conference and the Championship.

Playoff time!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #127188 on: April 13, 2017, 03:45:07 PM »

Great Grinding ..........could they grind it out like the Greeks did in The Euros 2004  ?

got to be worth £30

Leicester are 11/2 to qualify.  If we back them at 50/1 that makes them 51/6.5 under 7/1 at the semi final stage.  Let's square root that price (7.85) which makes them an average of just over a stage of 7/4 to qualify for the final and win the final on average.  They were a 4/1 shot to qualify v AM so there is no possible chance with two of the 3 teams left realistically (RM and Juve) at the semi final stage they will be a shorter price than 4/1 to qualify and a fair bit shorter against Monaco.  Let's assume 3/1 on average across the 3 teams (which is generous) so that makes them (7.85/4) or a shade of odds on to lift the trophy once they have reached the final.  Pretty safe to say whoever they played in a mythical final they would be a big underdog to beat and not a fav.

I think it is fair to say if you want to back Leicester to win the champions league backing them now at 50/1 is the worst way possible to do it.Just have the treble on them to qualify/lift the trophy at each stage and you will get a substantially better price.  They have to be much closer to 100/1 than 50/1 (if not slightly bigger than 100/1) to lift the trophy imo.

Cue off i trot to lay Leicester at 55/1 to lift the trophy. haha!  Cheers Fraser for making me look at this. Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 03:51:47 PM by arbboy » Logged
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #127189 on: April 13, 2017, 03:53:32 PM »

Pleased to note a change in tone in arb's dissection of a potential bet rec.

Nice one arb  thumbs up
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #127190 on: April 13, 2017, 04:03:30 PM »

IPL today, we have our tip to win (KKR) against our tip to come bottom (KXIP)

KKR have won 1, lost 1. Both have been away from home, the loss was at a venue where winning the toss was pretty essential. Lynn being injured (possibly for the whole tournament) is a big blow.

KXIP have won both of those games. They were both at home, and they chased on both occasions. They should find it tougher away from home, and I'd have my doubts about them having to set a target.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #127191 on: April 13, 2017, 04:26:54 PM »

Great Grinding ..........could they grind it out like the Greeks did in The Euros 2004  ?

got to be worth £30

Leicester are 11/2 to qualify.  If we back them at 50/1 that makes them 51/6.5 under 7/1 at the semi final stage.  Let's square root that price (7.85) which makes them an average of just over a stage of 7/4 to qualify for the final and win the final on average.  They were a 4/1 shot to qualify v AM so there is no possible chance with two of the 3 teams left realistically (RM and Juve) at the semi final stage they will be a shorter price than 4/1 to qualify and a fair bit shorter against Monaco.  Let's assume 3/1 on average across the 3 teams (which is generous) so that makes them (7.85/4) or a shade of odds on to lift the trophy once they have reached the final.  Pretty safe to say whoever they played in a mythical final they would be a big underdog to beat and not a fav.

I think it is fair to say if you want to back Leicester to win the champions league backing them now at 50/1 is the worst way possible to do it.Just have the treble on them to qualify/lift the trophy at each stage and you will get a substantially better price.  They have to be much closer to 100/1 than 50/1 (if not slightly bigger than 100/1) to lift the trophy imo.

Cue off i trot to lay Leicester at 55/1 to lift the trophy. haha!  Cheers Fraser for making me look at this. Cheesy

And that's why I work for a living Cheesy

tiger

View Profile
« Reply #127192 on: April 13, 2017, 04:59:33 PM »

got to be worth £30

I think it is fair to say if you want to back Leicester to win the champions league backing them now at 50/1 is the worst way possible to do it.Just have the treble on them to qualify/lift the trophy at each stage and you will get a substantially better price.  They have to be much closer to 100/1 than 50/1 (if not slightly bigger than 100/1) to lift the trophy imo.

It is when I read summaries like this that I understand why I have the full suite of betting accounts totally unrestricted. Great insight.
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #127193 on: April 13, 2017, 05:20:06 PM »

got to be worth £30

Wanker    Smiley
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #127194 on: April 13, 2017, 06:16:43 PM »

so much darts tonight!

nuros

View Profile
« Reply #127195 on: April 13, 2017, 07:01:45 PM »

so much darts tonight!

In attempt at putting some of Arbboy's words into practice, back the draw in Lewis v Barney and Wright v Ando games?
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #127196 on: April 13, 2017, 07:25:18 PM »

Let's go Peter wright!
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #127197 on: April 13, 2017, 08:01:18 PM »

Lingfield 16:40 tomorrow
Battalion

Finally Jamie Osborne has taken George Baker off this horse and given the ride to the very reliable Adam Kirby. I'm not usually of the mind that every race is a touch dodgy, but I was mortified to see Battalion go off at 7/4 in the Winter Derby, but then seemingly held, flat-footed in the starting gates. The race was lost from the off.

Against much the same opposition, from a draw that should give Kirby the option to keep just behind the pace, which is where it seems this horse needs to be, to deliver a final burst of speed that this one clearly possesses. Perhaps this was part of the plan - to get a better price on a horse in form? At 11/2 1/4 1-3 on Everyday, I think this is where we recover our losses from last time.

Recommend £20 e/w

https://m.oddschecker.com/m/horse-racing/2017-04-14-lingfield/16:40/winner
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #127198 on: April 13, 2017, 08:56:17 PM »

so much darts tonight!

In attempt at putting some of Arbboy's words into practice, back the draw in Lewis v Barney and Wright v Ando games?

I think Barney win and Ando win are much better bets than the draws myself.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #127199 on: April 13, 2017, 09:29:26 PM »

Lingfield 16:40 tomorrow
Battalion

Finally Jamie Osborne has taken George Baker off this horse and given the ride to the very reliable Adam Kirby. I'm not usually of the mind that every race is a touch dodgy, but I was mortified to see Battalion go off at 7/4 in the Winter Derby, but then seemingly held, flat-footed in the starting gates. The race was lost from the off.

Against much the same opposition, from a draw that should give Kirby the option to keep just behind the pace, which is where it seems this horse needs to be, to deliver a final burst of speed that this one clearly possesses. Perhaps this was part of the plan - to get a better price on a horse in form? At 11/2 1/4 1-3 on Everyday, I think this is where we recover our losses from last time.

Recommend £20 e/w

https://oddschecker.com/horse-racing/2017-04-14-lingfield/16:40/winner

I'm banned there unfortunately, but fixed link for anyone on PC Smiley

FWIW, I'd guess Baker is only off because he is still in hospital.

Pages: 1 ... 8476 8477 8478 8479 [8480] 8481 8482 8483 8484 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: