blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:02:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272683 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2500 2501 2502 2503 [2504] 2505 2506 2507 2508 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6357136 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37545 on: May 15, 2014, 12:34:19 PM »

I will Post IN ADVANCE as to what I am, & am not, playing.

There’ll be some sort of Tourney Report after every event.

Updates may be in my Twitter Feed, too, @Tony_Kendall.

Tourney Reports will not include Hand Histories or moany-woany bad beat stuff, this is intended to be a fun trip. They may include concrete & bridge stories though.

I no longer have the stamina to do back to back 20 hour days, as often happens in Vegas with late finishes, so I’ll be pacing myself better this year, & taking breaks during my time there to do Vegas sightseeing stuff, Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, ‘plane spotting @ McCarron & other fascinating stuff. Photos may be included.

I have no work obligations this year, so I’ll be taking a holiday from Next Door for the period in Vegas.   

I may play a $200 jobbie @ Binions on the day I arrive, but I’ll be late-regging if I do, & likely a bit tired, & so I have excluded that one from the schedule.

I have no idea if Jeeves is coming along, as I’ve not heard from her in some time.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37546 on: May 15, 2014, 12:35:13 PM »

The Draft Schedule.

As below, but note this is provisional ONLY, & I may add or deduct as situations dictate.

I hope to sell up to 50%, but will be playing regardless. In the unlikely event of over-subscription, I guess I’d sell up to 70%. Beyond that – unlikely, I know - but I guess Stakes would need diluting.

There is no minimum spend, within reason. Preferably nothing below $25 though, as it creates headaches for MereMoan.

There is zero Mark-Up.

Currency conversion – both ways – will be at date of transaction, & at spot.

I will play some cash games from time to time. As I cannot verify “won & lost”, I’ll have to exclude them.

27th May – Binions $200 PLO

28th May – WSOP $1,000 PLO

29th May – Orleans $225 PLO

30th May – Venetian $600 PLO8

4th June – Venetian $600 PLO

8th June – Golden Nugget $225 PLO8

11th June – Golden Nugget $225 Big O8

13th June – Golden Nugget $230 Big O8/BigO

14th June – Golden Nugget $125 PLO8

15th June – Venetian $600 PLO8

16th June – Aria $235 PLO OR Golden Nugget $200 PLO.

17th June – WSOP $1,500 PLO

18th June – Golden Nugget $230 Big O8

22nd June – Golden Nugget $230 PLO8

23rd June – Binions $200 PLO8

24th June – WSOP $1,500 PLO8

27th June – WSOP $3,000 PLO8

That comes to just shy of $11,000. As the schedule is PROVISIONAL, & I may play less, or more, investors may prefer to purchase in set amounts (£25, £50, £100, etc) rather than specific percentages. If you requests a set %, fine, but that means an assumed total is needed, so please assume $11,000. It will all be adjusted to the exact amount if & when dividends are paid out.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37547 on: May 15, 2014, 12:38:15 PM »

Since I mentioned it on the Diary a few weeks ago, the following have asked for action, either on the Diary, or via PM. These are all reserved, but please now confirm. Feel free to reduce amounts if it is more than expected.

Nakor. Unspecified amount.

Sharplea (requested 1%)

Booder Unspecified amount.

Tomsom Unspecified amount.

Doobs (“10% of Big PLO8 Events”). So Mere or Doobs will need to sort out how we do that. The “Big PLO8” schedule includes 2 x $600, 1 x $1,500 & 1 x $3,000

Scotty77. Unspecified amount.

MereSpready – Unspecified amount.

Knottikay
– Between 1% & 5%.

EsoKral – Up to 2.5%

Sonour – Unspecified amount

Horsey – Minimum stake. Whatever you feel comfy with John.

Omaha Soul-Brother Karabiner – 5%.

Redsimon – Unspecified amount.

Mantis – Unspecified amount.

Simon Galloway “A couple of hundred $$’s”.

Apologies if I have forgotten any, & I’m sure I will have, but there’s still room.

These are all RESERVED, but you DO need to confirm, please, as to exact amounts. If you no longer wish to invest, that's also fine.

I suggest a payment deadline of Sunday May 25th, as I head to Vegas the next morning, & don't really want to be messing about with it once I get there. 

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #37548 on: May 15, 2014, 12:39:36 PM »

£30 ok Tikay?

if to small let me know can up it a bit

And will pay by bt when details received
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37549 on: May 15, 2014, 12:41:21 PM »

£30 ok Tikay?

if to small let me know can up it a bit

And will pay by bt when details received

£30 is fine John.

BOOKED. 

Will send details in due course.

Thanks.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #37550 on: May 15, 2014, 12:43:56 PM »

Can I have 2% ($220). Im in Vegas 26 may thru to 15  June. OK to give you the folding green stuff out there?

My schedule conincides with yours about 1/2 way thru'. If this is awkward I can bank trfr before I go?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37551 on: May 15, 2014, 12:47:07 PM »

Can I have 2% ($220). Im in Vegas 26 may thru to 15  June. OK to give you the folding green stuff out there?

My schedule conincides with yours about 1/2 way thru'. If this is awkward I can bank trfr before I go?

$220 BOOKED Simon.

As to paymemt, slight preference (for the sake of keeping things tidy & to stop Mere moaning,) for payment in advance, but either works, so up to you.

When in Vegas, we are always seeing folks who give us money, or we pay them money, for this & that, & so I tend to forget what's what.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 12:51:36 PM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37552 on: May 15, 2014, 12:52:37 PM »

Simon has now written to me, & converted his stake to £131.33, if that makes life easier for Dear Mere.

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #37553 on: May 15, 2014, 12:58:41 PM »

Tikay, I would be honored to take a percentile if one comes up after your previous investors have had first pick.

I was reading the 2+2 o8 forum recently, and you might well have had a glimpse yourself at some point. Personally, I feel like you'd miss very little, the players involved are ok separately, but many hate each other and its a vitriolic environment. I saw an interesting post I'd like to ask you about though. Basically the part I found interesting goes like this. A weakish player, a presumed "fish" minraises the cutoff 105bb effective. This good player said; I call the button, obviously.

Would you do this? I wouldn't consider it. Baring 23 or the button I'm not a fan of any low card hands really. Even with a weak player in the pot I'd fold, but I would raise the button. Interestingly, I have been opening a touch bigger in cash games online recently. It tightens me up and I get to play bigger pots in position. I've not quite moved to it in tournaments yet but I recently had some success playing a similar style in small stakes nlhe tournaments. A player 3b to 6bb over a minraise and I went for the throat with aces making it extremely large pre. Of course o8 isn't quite the same but I liked the reminder that good simple poker is good a lot of the time. Recently, tournament players have come to learn it is good to defend a wide range from the big blind vs minraises which can be classified as a steal. People are now excited to peel   or   three clubs from the big blind. Its become a huge trend in the game. One of my friends primarily plays SnGs. We were talking about a spot from the big blind the other day and I said "Its nice having a good price to call." and he added "Its also nice to get a good price on your 3bet" Someone a touch out the loop but a very good player gave me such a huge insight from almost a throw away comment. Poker is just is a really cool game.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #37554 on: May 15, 2014, 12:59:44 PM »

You've told us which day you leave, but which day are you anticipating checking out of your hotel?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37555 on: May 15, 2014, 01:02:36 PM »

Tikay, I would be honored to take a percentile if one comes up after your previous investors have had first pick.

I was reading the 2+2 o8 forum recently, and you might well have had a glimpse yourself at some point. Personally, I feel like you'd miss very little, the players involved are ok separately, but many hate each other and its a vitriolic environment. I saw an interesting post I'd like to ask you about though. Basically the part I found interesting goes like this. A weakish player, a presumed "fish" minraises the cutoff 105bb effective. This good player said; I call the button, obviously.

Would you do this? I wouldn't consider it. Baring 23 or the button I'm not a fan of any low card hands really. Even with a weak player in the pot I'd fold, but I would raise the button. Interestingly, I have been opening a touch bigger in cash games online recently. It tightens me up and I get to play bigger pots in position. I've not quite moved to it in tournaments yet but I recently had some success playing a similar style in small stakes nlhe tournaments. A player 3b to 6bb over a minraise and I went for the throat with aces making it extremely large pre. Of course o8 isn't quite the same but I liked the reminder that good simple poker is good a lot of the time. Recently, tournament players have come to learn it is good to defend a wide range from the big blind vs minraises which can be classified as a steal. People are now excited to peel   or   three clubs from the big blind. Its become a huge trend in the game. One of my friends primarily plays SnGs. We were talking about a spot from the big blind the other day and I said "Its nice having a good price to call." and he added "Its also nice to get a good price on your 3bet" Someone a touch out the loop but a very good player gave me such a huge insight from almost a throw away comment. Poker is just is a really cool game.

Hi Adam,

Yes, you can have some action, the previous investors won't take the lot, that's for sure.

Let me know how much, please. For now, you have a bit reserved.

I'll reply to the poker part later, if I may, as I'm busy watching the Final Edit (hope it's Final Edit....) of Ep 5 of the UKPC Show right now.

Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #37556 on: May 15, 2014, 01:35:50 PM »

1%  please Tony, can I send from Stars ?

Steve
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #37557 on: May 15, 2014, 01:40:07 PM »

One is good. If both Steve and I send ours, you'll have a scoop medium hi/lo buyin. Lovely structured affairs, you'll be right at home (literally, sat next to the coffee pot).

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #37558 on: May 15, 2014, 01:41:35 PM »

Simon has now written to me, & converted his stake to £131.33, if that makes life easier for Dear Mere.

shipped £131.33 to the usual account. Hopefully see you in Binions/ Nugget at some point!

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #37559 on: May 15, 2014, 01:43:02 PM »

It's funny how poker theory swings back and forth. Fifteen years ago(?), the likes of Gary Jones (IIRC) were advocating the 2.2x opens. Ten years ago, Chris Ferguson came out with "If it's good enough to call, it's good enough to raise".

We'll all be folding queens to a three bet soon.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 2500 2501 2502 2503 [2504] 2505 2506 2507 2508 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: