blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 01:01:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272672 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8027 8028 8029 8030 [8031] 8032 8033 8034 8035 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13484228 times)
T_Mar

View Profile
« Reply #120450 on: August 10, 2016, 08:57:00 AM »

Haven't posted for a while but still follow and felt like contributing

Olympic Mens Golf only 60 runners and 23 currently under 100 on BF., Books still paying 5 places 1/4 which is favourable

Good spot to get a few on side I think.. My suggestion is Nicolas Colsaerts who's been in decent enough form (3 top 3's in last 10) one of which was at castle Stuart which Steve Rawlings (BF tipster) has called out as having strong ties  to the course they playing in Rio... Colsaerts was 3rd at same course in 2011 so no fluke and has some other odd bits of links form which is a positive apparently

Other than his form chance he's bang up for this, great grandad was an Olympian and he's been blogging / tweeting about how proud he is following in footsteps etc etc

Currently 70 on BF, Worth a few quid @ 66/1 5 places 1/4

Welcome back Mr Mar.

That certainly looks like a fun bet., Golf is so high variance (I nearly wrote "swingy....) but its the nature of the beast. I'll leave it to Tighty to decide, but good luck with Colsaerts, who is an old friend of Fred. 

Thanks Tikay
Much less variance here than a standard golf week - could argue equivalent of a 20+ runner hcap paying 5 places

Tip is really to have a few bets on the event even if you don't like colsaerts.... He could be fun one though 😉

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120451 on: August 10, 2016, 09:18:54 AM »

Olympic Mens Golf only 60 runners and 23 currently under 100 on BF., Books still paying 5 places 1/4 which is favourable

Good spot to get a few on side I think.. My suggestion is Nicolas Colsaerts who's been in decent enough form (3 top 3's in last 10) one of which was at castle Stuart which Steve Rawlings (BF tipster) has called out as having strong ties  to the course they playing in Rio... Colsaerts was 3rd at same course in 2011 so no fluke and has some other odd bits of links form which is a positive apparently

Other than his form chance he's bang up for this, great grandad was an Olympian and he's been blogging / tweeting about how proud he is following in footsteps etc etc

Welcome back Mr Mar.

That certainly looks like a fun bet., Golf is so high variance (I nearly wrote "swingy....) but its the nature of the beast. I'll leave it to Tighty to decide, but good luck with Colsaerts, who is an old friend of Fred. 

Thanks Tikay
Much less variance here than a standard golf week - could argue equivalent of a 20+ runner hcap paying 5 places

Tip is really to have a few bets on the event even if you don't like colsaerts.... He could be fun one though 😉

Agree.

We just need our golf chaps to pop a few names or value bets up, & we'll maybe build a little book.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #120452 on: August 10, 2016, 10:13:41 AM »

Any views on Redditch in the Southern Premier?

Darren Byfield finished his playing career at Solihull Moors (who were just promoted to the National League) and has started at Redditch as manager. He has brought in Clinton Morrison, who scored and provided an assist in the opening day win against a Barry Hayles-led Chesham. I doubt Morrison is on £100 a week.

Owners want to invest and, in addition to some new recruits, are installing a £900k 3G pitch, meaning the team is playing elsewhere for the first few games.

8/1 to win the league (BetWhey) and 3 Places 1/4. It's a wide open division on the books.

Views welcome.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #120453 on: August 10, 2016, 10:14:57 AM »

Welcome back Mr Mar.

Thanks Tikay

Agree.

We just need our golf chaps to pop a few names or value bets up, & we'll maybe build a little book.

It seemed a good idea, but it feels like the bookies are ok to it with many not offering a quarter first 4, and those that are ducking the prices a bit.  I don't think the shape is much different to a normal golf comp either, though maybe more absolute rags?   I have had a look through and it felt like often I was losing too much on the win price or not getting enough on the place odds.

I don't see any reason not to back Colsaerts though.  I got 60/1 5 places Lingmerth with 365 that felt like a bet too.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #120454 on: August 10, 2016, 10:21:47 AM »

Bit close to kick off but just seen the Brighton team for the cup game against Colchester. They've rested all first teamers given their match against Forest on Friday and have a back four made up of development squad players. Colchester are no great shakes but look to have a first choice team out. Recommend a tenner at 19/4 DNB with BetVictor if we're quick.

done for fred if wanted...otherwise happy to keep.

Ugh, sorry about that, Nick. Fred would deffo have taken it, but it had kicked off when Tighty saw it, & we can't really accept it at that point.  

no problem, just a tenner and it was a sweat at 5/1 until 64 min  Smiley
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 10:24:56 AM by ripple11 » Logged
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #120455 on: August 10, 2016, 11:02:24 AM »

Darren Byfield finished his playing career at Solihull Moors (who were just promoted to the National League) and has started at Redditch as manager. He has brought in Clinton Morrison, who scored and provided an assist in the opening day win against a Barry Hayles-led Chesham. I doubt Morrison is on £100 a week.

Owners want to invest and, in addition to some new recruits, are installing a £900k 3G pitch, meaning the team is playing elsewhere for the first few games.

8/1 to win the league (BetWhey) and 3 Places 1/4. It's a wide open division on the books.

Views welcome.

Fully appreciate betting against Alan Algar on non league football is akin to trying to pick out a bit of hay in a stack of needles.

Tenner each way Fred sweatamants nevertheless possible, subject to input from those who wish to offer it.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120456 on: August 10, 2016, 11:23:40 AM »

help requested at bet365 please

a lot of places are 1/3 1,2,3 and bet365 is 1/5 1,2,3,4

http://www.oddschecker.com/olympics/golf/olympic-mens/mens-olympics/winner

anyone able to do £10 e/w at 66-1?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #120457 on: August 10, 2016, 11:24:38 AM »

Views welcome.

Fully appreciate betting against Alan Algar on non league football is akin to trying to pick out a bit of hay in a stack of needles.

Tenner each way Fred sweatamants nevertheless possible, subject to input from those who wish to offer it.

You know the each way terms are terrible?

Price has gone already, best 7/1 now.  I know nothing else of any use.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #120458 on: August 10, 2016, 11:26:35 AM »

Good spot to get a few on side I think.. My suggestion is Nicolas Colsaerts who's been in decent enough form (3 top 3's in last 10) one of which was at castle Stuart which Steve Rawlings (BF tipster) has called out as having strong ties  to the course they playing in Rio... Colsaerts was 3rd at same course in 2011 so no fluke and has some other odd bits of links form which is a positive apparently

You can have 5 e/w of mine on both Lingmerth and Colsaerts.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120459 on: August 10, 2016, 11:27:24 AM »

Views welcome.

we can't use Betway

I will treat you to my picture of Redditcih's rather unusual main stand though.

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #120460 on: August 10, 2016, 11:30:35 AM »

Views welcome.

You know the each way terms are terrible?

Price has gone already, best 7/1 now.  I know nothing else of any use.  

7/1 no good.

Appreciate it isn't the best shape but the usual argument of lots of no-channers, plus I know Fred likes a season-long bet or two.

T_Mar

View Profile
« Reply #120461 on: August 10, 2016, 11:32:19 AM »

365 are 5 1/4 ... You can have 10ew of mine No problem
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120462 on: August 10, 2016, 11:34:16 AM »

365 are 5 1/4 ... You can have 10ew of mine No problem

thanks booked

My eyes are open wide
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #120463 on: August 10, 2016, 12:04:14 PM »

closes eyes, blames the world in advance

Bet Type: Single
            Hull City v Leicester City Match Prices
                Leicester City 11/10
        Possible Payout (inc. stake) 210.00 GBP
    1 bet @
    100.00 GBP

Total Cost: 100.00 GBP
    Total Possible Payout (inc. stake): 210.00 GBP

History dictates backing an away team in the premier league is never an exact science however given the circumstances I expect Leicester to easily prevail.

Pretty sure they will be odds on come kick off and the current price will prove value.

The very beast of luck to you (& Fred....) with this one Fraser, but personally I really don't like the bet. It'll more than likely win, but whether it wins often enough is another matter. I mean we all know - you, me, world & his wife, & especially the bookies, that Leicester are great, & the reigning champions, & Hull are player less, team less & useless. And its all in the price.

Funny old game.

Leicester are now my #3 Team, & I'd love to see them silence Team "They got lucky". I'd not bet good money on it though, any more than I'd bet the shop on Newcastle winning the Championship.  

Hi Tony

Hope you are well

In normal circumstances I wouldn't like the bet either but the Hull situation is going to be exposed on Saturday and their heads will drop.

As regards all in the price I dont  thinks its been truly contracted as yet , still that is subjective .

Just very confident with the selection based on all the factors
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #120464 on: August 10, 2016, 12:09:08 PM »

Views welcome.

we can't use Betway

I will treat you to my picture of Redditcih's rather unusual main stand though.

Click to see full-size image.

Had Archibald been drinking when he drew the plans for that?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 ... 8027 8028 8029 8030 [8031] 8032 8033 8034 8035 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: